IGNORED

Trichotomist or Dichotomist? Does Man Have a Soul?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Are you saying that Solomon - the wisest man who ever lived and was used by the Holy Spirit to pen the words that are in the book of Ecclesiastes is a tale told by an idiot??

Anyone with 600 wives is an idiot in my personal view....   King or not....    and those six hundred foreign wives turned him away from our God to others.....

Wise??????     God gave Solomon everything.....   and in the end he turned to foreign gods.....      and that is the mark of an idiot.

So don't be surprised when Solomon says that all is vanity.....    without Jesus.....   he's right.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

Now we have arrived at how to interpret Ecclesiastes (aka Qohelet), a book of exquisite poetry in Hebrew, and part of God's Word. 

IMHO:  The book of Ecclesiastes is written from the POV of a man reasoning under the sun; this is the way things appear under the sun:  Vanity of vanity, all is vanity. 

But that is not the absolute truth. 

All is not vanity. God has a plan. 

Yet to the man under the sun, living His life apart from God's grace, all is vanity -- worthless. 

It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound & fury, signifying nothing.

~

Indeed~!

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:

Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing,

whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

"God shall bring every work into judgment"

Indeed, we all have a judgment of our works to face (salvation being by grace, but judgment is of works).  I am thankful that I shall appear at the Bema, judgment seat of Christ, instead of at the Great White Throne Judgment!  My ungodly works, wood-hay-stubble, may be burned up, but Christ has paid for my sins, so the flame will not touch me, tho I may have a moment of sadness at the loss of reward.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1 Cor. 5:3-4 Paul speaks of himself being present with them in spirit. We can separate body from spirit when we die, but we can only distinguish soul from spirit. God's Spirit can communicate with our spirits: Rom. 8:16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

I also go with trichotomy.

Fascinating study.