IGNORED

God literally walked this earth and spoke with us

Guest DRS81

Guest shiloh357

I'm glad we don't have a description of Jesus' looks.

It would become a focal point or comparison and that is not what looks are about.

That is not what He's about.

here may be one verse of Jesus on earth, what is your opinion on this verse
ISA 53:1-2
1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

that is a picture of Jesus on the cross.   Not a physical description of his appearance prior to the cross.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

that is a picture of Jesus on the cross.   Not a physical description of his appearance prior to the cross.

Why do you state such? (Just curious on your thinking/reasoning on this, not challenging.)

Guest shiloh357

I've been thinking about this lately, understanding that God came to us in the flesh as Jesus Christ. The God of the universe spoke with us, hung out with us, ate and drank with us. The disciples got a first glance at what God was, what he wore, what he ate/drank, how he spoke, and how he presented himself. They walked side by side with God. It's just amazing to me, and I hope it's amazing to you too. - DRS81 :grin:

Sometimes I think that none of the disciples had that revelation. How come they don't describe Jesus better? All that you mentioned, if I'm knowing this is God, then hello! I would have him described to perfection. I would have painted him and give him life with words.

But then I guess that, Jesus was so naturally human for them -who knows, maybe too vulgarly human- that they just couldn't realize it.

Actually they offered up a pretty good description of Jesus through His words and His activities.  Had God provided a physical portrait of Jesus it would enshrined and venerated.

Jesus came to earth to show us the Father, not to be drawn and painted.  His physical appearance isn't important.  What He did is what we need to be focused on.

Guest shiloh357

Why do you state such? (Just curious on your thinking/reasoning on this, not challenging.)

Isaiah 53: 1-6 is all about the humilation of Christ.  This is a man from the vantage point of the people, who was cursed.  There was nothing desirable about Him.  Add to that His appearance beaten to the point that He didn't look human.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

It would become a focal point or comparison and that is not what looks are about.

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

only v4-6 is about him on the cross not v1-3 they are before the cross.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/isaiah-53-2.html

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Until the death and resurrection of Jesus, the disciples were obligated to the Mosaic covenant, so when Jesus walked the earth, they were not to make an image of Him. The lack of a painting or statue made of Him was due to the Mosaic law. 

While using words to describe Him would not have been prohibited, the NT words are given to us thru the writers who received revelation from God. God was in control of what went into scriptures, so it seems that God chose not to include a detailed description of what Jesus body looked like.

The NT also has many many areas where it warns against making idols and worshipping idols. Perhaps, having paintings, statues, etc, is an issue for people?  

AMEN!! and AMEN!! Qnts 2,

While using words to describe Him would not have been prohibited, the NT words are given to us thru the writers who received revelation from God. God was in control of what went into scriptures, so it seems that God chose not to include a detailed description of what Jesus body looked like

Can you post this :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  on every Thread on the Site.....then post this 5x per week in the Science vs Faith Forum for the next year?

ps.  Can you specifically say OT writers also?

Thanks

Guest shiloh357

I do not it is him on the cross neither does john Gill, Ill go with Gill on this

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/isaiah-53-2.html

Whatever lets you sleep at night.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I've been thinking about this lately, understanding that God came to us in the flesh as Jesus Christ. The God of the universe spoke with us, hung out with us, ate and drank with us. The disciples got a first glance at what God was, what he wore, what he ate/drank, how he spoke, and how he presented himself. They walked side by side with God. It's just amazing to me, and I hope it's amazing to you too. - DRS81 :grin:

Sometimes I think that none of the disciples had that revelation. How come they don't describe Jesus better? All that you mentioned, if I'm knowing this is God, then hello! I would have him described to perfection. I would have painted him and give him life with words.

But then I guess that, Jesus was so naturally human for them -who knows, maybe too vulgarly human- that they just couldn't realize it.

Actually they offered up a pretty good description of Jesus through His words and His activities.  Had God provided a physical portrait of Jesus it would enshrined and venerated.

Jesus came to earth to show us the Father, not to be drawn and painted.  His physical appearance isn't important.  What He did is what we need to be focused on.

AMEN!!!! God wants to look beyond the physical and to lay up treasures in heaven, focusing on the spiritual attributes and values.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Isaiah 53: 1-6 is all about the humilation of Christ.  This is a man from the vantage point of the people, who was cursed.  There was nothing desirable about Him.  Add to that His appearance beaten to the point that He didn't look human.

OK

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Until the death and resurrection of Jesus, the disciples were obligated to the Mosaic covenant, so when Jesus walked the earth, they were not to make an image of Him. The lack of a painting or statue made of Him was due to the Mosaic law. 

While using words to describe Him would not have been prohibited, the NT words are given to us thru the writers who received revelation from God. God was in control of what went into scriptures, so it seems that God chose not to include a detailed description of what Jesus body looked like.

The NT also has many many areas where it warns against making idols and worshipping idols. Perhaps, having paintings, statues, etc, is an issue for people?  

AMEN!! and AMEN!! Qnts 2,

While using words to describe Him would not have been prohibited, the NT words are given to us thru the writers who received revelation from God. God was in control of what went into scriptures, so it seems that God chose not to include a detailed description of what Jesus body looked like

Can you post this :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  on every Thread on the Site.....then post this 5x per week in the Science vs Faith Forum for the next year?

ps.  Can you specifically say OT writers also?

Thanks

:laughing:

I'll go a bit further for the OT.

The first five books of the OT, the Torah, the Pentateuch, initially written by God and the second copy was dictated by God to Moses. The rest of the OT was by revelation from God thru the prophets and writers.  God was in control of what was written in both the OT and the NT.