IGNORED

Be careful what your child wants for Christmas.

ncn

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

A 13-year-old boy from Preston has become the youngest person ever to successfully carry out atomic fusion.

:o  and double  :o 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26450494

To think I thought this was advanced chemistry.    :26:

The worst you could do was create a few stink bombs and set fire to the curtains.  :whistling:

merit3.png

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/04/1986

My kids are going to get jigsaw puzzles, board games, and sports equipment. No video games, no explosives (haha), and no Worm Farms for them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

Hmm..explosives are fun...but..I have a birthday before Christmas :)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Hmm..explosives are fun...but..I have a birthday before Christmas :)

Given your advanced age you may ask for one of theses

Just don't blow up Mr Smyth.     :24:  :24:  :24:

The_History_Of_The_Chemistry_Set-278x300

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

Lol are you trying to get me put on a watch list?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Very impressive!

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/10/1991

Kids grow up so fast these days.. lord help us lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings ncn

Praise the Lord,that is one smart little boy,let us pray that he uses his blessing for the good & to bring Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings to you,ASongForEternalStory!

Welcome to Worthy.......they do grow fast & yes,"Amen",,,,we do need the Lords help! Glad to have you here Sister.......                        Love-Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

It reminds me of the song, "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas."

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AvgJane19

Red Christmas  

It's the world's favorite money-making, moral- breaking, scheme- endorsing, child- exploiting "holiday": Christmas.  

The Christmas holiday is one pictured with family and fun times. I always enjoyed Christmas because this was the time my family and I had the opportunity to get together and help others that were in need. Unfortunately, I've grown to see Christians participate in the pagan side of Christmas; a side that neglects the reason for the season and delves into traditions that are not of our Lord.    

Christmas's origin lies with trying to convert pagans to Christianity. The great Roman festival Saturnalia is where many of the traditions of Christmas began: gift giving, caroling, and baking gingerbread men. Saturnalia was integrated into Christianity in the 4th century, as a means to mass convert the pagan Roman citizens. The Puritans banned Christmas in Massachusetts between 1659 and 1681, as an illegal observance; other religious groups also do this, and if others do this shouldn't we? 

Observing Christmas as the time that our Lord and Savior was born to save man, is not only perfectly fine, it's fantastic. Any time that family can come together in the name of Christ is great, but why do we insist on participating in pagan traditions? We should use this time to remember Jesus, without stringing lights or setting up an evergreen and decorating it. Even worse, there are Christians in the world that raise their children with Santa Claus. First and foremost that is lying, which is kind of a big no according to the Ten Commandments. Secondly, it's also participating in pagan traditions and guiding your children down the wrong path. Resulting in them having unrealistic expectations of the world around them instead of being more aware and better Christians. 

Santa Claus is a mythand all myths are just way to restrain behavior.  What makes this myth different is that society has taken it too far: advertising toys towards an already excessively preyed-on demographic, praising parents for participating in the revelry(and looking down upon those who don't), and ultimately turning a time supposedly meant to honor family and being selfless into the massive scheme that it is today. It's really sad how people will excuse it saying that "It's apart of the magic of Christmas". Hopefully, parents will be able to provide joy and a sense of magic to their children is without forming elaborate lies. The message the Santa epidemic sends out is that the only way for someone to feel magic, is to be deceived since there is nothing special about the world we live in- which simply is not true. Children are born into this world because of their parent's actions, the least parents could do is not lie to the people who trust in them completely and to who they are absolutely dependent on. When parents allow themselves to be caught in the "spirit of the holidays", they should keep in mind the true meaning of Christmas.