• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Easter lands on marijuana day, what s the devil up too. :thumbs_down::30:

I didn't know there was a marijuana day! How come nobody tells me this stuff?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Teddy....

I understand exactly how you feel.....it just is not the same without loved ones ,especially if you celebrated with family gatherings and all the traditions.Being Italian,every holiday was a big food fest-lol & an entire day of being surrounded by family,laughing,reminiscing,hugging,teasing & just being together in love......& then everyone goes home & you enjoy cleaning up the mess together and your quiet time,it  can be lonely

But the truth of it is,we are not alone and its not about all the fuss ......especially Resurrection Day,we may miss our loved ones terribly...but Teddy ,because our Lord has Risen,we too will be resurrected & be reunited with the ones we love for all eternity!!!!It is certainly a day that means something & a day to not only celebrate our Lord & Savior but to offer Him our thanksgiving for what He,a time to Praise & Worship .....maybe a touch more than the other 364 days,just us & Him......but most definitely a day that means something

God Bless you Teddy,everyday is a day to be filled with the Joy of our Lord................you are in my prayers!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I am going to give a different view. 

Several members of my family work in the medical field. My family is Jewish and most practice Rabbinical Judaism. In a hospital setting, the doors do not close for holidays. The members of my family who work these kinds of jobs work on Christmas and Easter, so that at least some who celebrated these holidays with their families could get the day off. (My family celebrates different holidays at different times so will ask for those days off).

On Christmas and Easter, if a business is open, and that business has Jewish people working there, you will find most of them working on Christmas and Easter so that Gentiles who celebrate can get the day off.

I once worked for a company which ran 24x7 (they did shut down for Christmas). I was in a job in which we rotated who had to cover weekends. There was a person who refused to work any Sunday, because they were a Christian so they worked no weekends. That meant that everyone else had to work extra weekends to cover for the Christian. Of course no one was really enthused about working weekends, but it had to be done.  Working weekends was not just the least desirable, but in that job, was the worst and hardest days.....  Of course everyone else thought poorly of the Christian, because they were stuck carrying the worst work because the Christian wouldn't do the worst work.