IGNORED

What did John really see?

Guest homesteader

Guest homesteader

I believe the Bible is the literal word of God; however the is something I have often wondered. Did John see it as modern times and write about in a way he understood or did he see it as written in the Bible?

Edited by homesteader

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

I believe the Bible is the literal word of God; however the is something I have often wondered. Did John see it as modern times and write about in a way he understood or did he see it as written in the Bible?.

Greetings Homesteader,

If you will recall Paul's being taken up to the 3rd heaven. It was quite literally indescribable. What John saw was what he had become accustomed with from the Old Testament. Much of what is in Revelation comes right out of the OT. How could someone at that time describe aircraft or computers or guided missles or nuclear explosions? He might describe fighter helicopters as locusts or guides missles as falling stars. It is real hard to venture any kind of reasonable guess, but much of what is written becomes pretty plain when compared with the rest of the Bible.

For instance we know that Christ will hold the Bema Seat Judgment which is noted by Paul, but John says "He is coming and all his rewards are with Him. We know that there will be judgment of the sheep and the goats, and in Revelation we see the Judgment of rewards and at the end the Judgment of the dead.

That is about the best I can offer.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think he basically time traveled into the future and saw these things and wrote about them using his experience in his time for the words.

Can't prove it, but it is my thoughts...

se

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

It appears that John was given a vision of how the end times would play out and culminate in the return of Jesus and God's judgement. The vision included what was happening on earth as well as in heaven. I can only surmise that John was describing what he saw as best he could. Think of it - being given a vision of the very Throne of God as the end times are playing out - how could anyone describe it; I know it would be difficult for me. For what it's worth, that's my take on it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/18/1964

I agree with Dad Ernie. I feel what John was shown was incrediable. I look forward to seeing what John had the chance to see.

<_<

Lori

Edited by Lori0218