PetriFB

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

God`s word tells us that the torment was like the sting of a scorpion.

`And they (the locusts / demons from the pit) were not permitted to kill anyone, but to torment for five months; & their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it stings a man.`  (Rev. 9: 5)

God`s word is so specific, as to the time & the description of this torment. The scorpions sting paralyse people. Thus these people who do not have the seal of God, (trust in Him) & who get stung, will become paralysed but be in such pain that they would rather die. However, they cannot, as they are unable to move or call out. It is a taste of hell but still they do not repent.

The scorpion there is being used as a symbol for spiritual stinging, not physical stinging. The locusts are men, and The LORD only uses the idea of a scorpion for how they work deception upon the world.

Notice the locusts are compared to horses 'prepared' for battle;

have crowns on their heads like gold;

have faces like the faces of 'men';

hair as the hair of women;

teeth as the teeth of lions.

The meaning is they are prepared for battle, on the 6th trumpet - 2nd woe, that's when they are completely unleashed upon the world, at a certain hour, day, month, year (which is an expression for a specific ordained time, i.e., the tribulation time). They have crowns like gold meaning they reign. They have faces like men because they are... men. They have hair like women which symbolizes their soft delicate working of deception. The teeth like lions is to show how they devour spiiritually like a real lion does literally. Several of these symbols were first given in the Book of Joel about the locust army there, but God told us there they are "a nation".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Yes Salty they are symbolic, but God`s word does tell us that their sting is LIKE a scorpion`s - paralysis.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

The vials are happenning in parallel with the seals and trumpets and visa versa. But what you're not seeing is how the locust working actually begins prior... to the tribulation (see Book of Joel especially on that). Yet that is only the prep time for the tribulation.

Hi Salty, 

Joel 2:25   And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

We can see clearly here who God is talking to;

Joel 2:26   And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
Joel 2:27   And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Israel plays a major role, for God first made himself known to us through them.  He gave them Moses, the law and all the commandments, the prophets, he fought their battles and he was their own personal king, until they decided they wanted their own king (Saul).  God even gave them Christ, and by refusing Christ, they refused God.  They were even going astray before Christ.  Israel, God's chosen nation, is supposed to be a role model for all the other nations, but because of their rebellion, they are always surrounded by their enemies, have always been involved in war, and have never lived in peace.  If you read the old testament, God is so angry with them.  Israel the nation do not know God to this day.  God had to do this ....because of Israel's disbelief, the gentiles had to come in. Of course there would be a few christians there, but I am speaking of the nation as a whole.  Those pests that God calls his army are insects that destroy food.  Israel's spiritual food has been all eaten up, and they are going through a spiritual famine.  They are devoid of the truth.  God has done this, ....sent them enemies that have perverted the truth because he has turned his back on them, but he says he will restore all those years that the damage has been done.  When the time is right, Israel will be shown God's truth, but not before the second coming.  All those wasteful years will be restored.  They will be fed truth.

The events at the first part of Rev.9 about the locusts also includes a description of what will only begin to occur with the 6th trumpet - 2nd woe period. Many don't notice why that time of 'stinging' is given there, simply because they don't really know what is meant by that stinging which doesn't physically kill those not sealed. The 5th trumpet is the prep time of the locust army of Joel. But the 6th trumpet is the actual... time of the 'stinging'. The difference is... the first working is about Satan's servants on earth preparing the whole world for the coming Antichrist and time of tribulation, but the second working (with the 6th trumpet) is the actual time... of the Antichrist's deception upon the whole world.

This is why the events starting at Rev.9:12 continue all the way through... to the 7th trumpet of Rev.11:14 forward. This is where we are today, within the 5th trumpet timing, with the great tribulation just around the corner. The locusts have been at work for quite a long time now, Antichrist's kingdom is almost completed in prep for his coming today ("New World Order", or "one world government", which is the first beast of Rev.13:1-2, a kingdom beast).

So what exactly is that 'stinging' for "five months" of Rev.9 about, that the locusts do upon those NOT sealed with God's seal?

That stinging is the time of the Antichrist's deception with playing God in Jerusalem per 2 Thess.2:3-4. It's what the "strong delusion" is about that Apostle Paul mentioned. The delusion is how that Wicked is coming to play Christ The Messiah, and the whole world (except Christ's elect), will be fooled into thinking that false one truly is... God.

He will trick all peoples of all religions by those greats signs, wonders, and miracles he will work here on earth. That will include deceived Christian brethren, sad to say. That is what those NOT sealed with God's seal will be subjected to, and that is the stinging of Rev.9, and it will last "five months", which is the tribulation time. So here I'm declaring it, the "great tribulation" our Lord Jesus foretold us about will last "five months". Why only five months some might say? Because that's how long that stinging of Rev.9 upon those not sealed will last, and the stinging is about spiritual deception, not... literal war.

Moreover, the Antichrist that is coming to play God, i.e, the "another Jesus" Apostle Paul warned about, will be... Satan himself, working those great signs, wonders, and miracles upon this earth, in person for all to see. This will be the SAME type of rebellion he originally did against our Heavenly Father in the beginning prior to this world, exalting himself in place of God, to be worshipped in God's Place in Jerusalem, as... God, and over anything called God or that is worshipped. It is his desire to sit over God's congregation and be worshipped like God. And that exactly... is what the majority of the world will... do, being deceived. THAT... is the stinging of Rev.9 the locusts are preparing the whole world for.

Even back in Rev.12:7 forward The LORD showed us how Satan and his angels will be booted out of the heavenly down to this earth for the very end, no more place in Heaven being found for them once the war in Heaven takes place. There is only 2 dimensions of existence written of in God's Word, this earthly one we live in, and the Heavenly one where God and the angels dwell, including the devil and his angels. If no more place in Heaven is found for him and his angels like Rev.12:8 reveals, then there's only one OTHER... dimension they can go to, and it's ours, our earthly dimension.

So you really want to know what that army of Rev,9 on the 6th trumpet loosing is really about? It's about Satan with his angels coming to OUR dimension, right here on earth. That's why Rev.12:12 gives us that great WOE warning, and THAT... is why the "great tribulation" will be a time on earth that has NEVER... been the likes before during this world. But is he coming to kill peoples and nations on the earth? NO! He's coming to DECIEVE peoples and nations on the earth into worshipping him in place of God. The only ones he will kill are God's servants who REFUSE to bow to him in place of The Messiah. And that's going to be a small minority, for not all of Christ's servants will be killed.

Yes Salty they are symbolic, but God`s word does tell us that their sting is LIKE a scorpion`s - paralysis.

Yes, and the idea is a spiritual paralysis, but for what? A real scorpion not only stings its prey, but then does what? It regurgitates an acid like fluid into the victim which breaks down the victim's insides, and then the scorpion sucks it up as food. It's because a scorpion has no digestive system. That is how the deceived (those not sealed with God's seal) will fall victim to the Antichrist's deception of playing God.

The vials are happenning in parallel with the seals and trumpets and visa versa. But what you're not seeing is how the locust working actually begins prior... to the tribulation (see Book of Joel especially on that). Yet that is only the prep time for the tribulation.

Hi Salty, 

Joel 2:25   And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

We can see clearly here who God is talking to;

Joel 2:26   And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Joel 2:27   And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Israel plays a major role, for God first made himself known to us through them.  He gave them Moses, the law and all the commandments, the prophets, he fought their battles and he was their own personal king, until they decided they wanted their own king (Saul).  God even gave them Christ, and by refusing Christ, they refused God.  They were even going astray before Christ.  Israel, God's chosen nation, is supposed to be a role model for all the other nations, but because of their rebellion, they are always surrounded by their enemies, have always been involved in war, and have never lived in peace.  If you read the old testament, God is so angry with them.  Israel the nation do not know God to this day.  God had to do this ....because of Israel's disbelief, the gentiles had to come in. Of course there would be a few christians there, but I am speaking of the nation as a whole.  Those pests that God calls his army are insects that destroy food.  Israel's spiritual food has been all eaten up, and they are going through a spiritual famine.  They are devoid of the truth.  God has done this, ....sent them enemies that have perverted the truth because he has turned his back on them, but he says he will restore all those years that the damage has been done.  When the time is right, Israel will be shown God's truth, but not before the second coming.  All those wasteful years will be restored.  They will be fed truth.

Why do you jump... way past the locust metaphor in Joel 1 with that, when those particular Joel 2:25-27 verses are for when God ends the locust working on earth and thereafter with His future reign? I thought we were discussion the events of Rev.9, not the events of Christ's coming and thereafter.

These locust army events will not only happen upon the nation state called Israel today. The majority of Israelites today are not even in the holy lands of promise, and won't be until Christ's coming.

Hi Salty,

You have quite put me off my dinner. :laughing: Ha, ha. What a graphic description. But I still believe that the sting has to effect the people physically for they wish to die but can`t - why? because they are paralysed.

Hi Salty,

You have quite put me off my dinner. :laughing: Ha, ha. What a graphic description. But I still believe that the sting has to effect the people physically for they wish to die but can`t - why? because they are paralysed.

I don't see it as a physical sting at all, but spiritual, because that's the real type of battle just prior to the last day of this world. Satan wants to turn as many as will away from worship of The Father through His Son in the last days, and that's what the coming tribulation is going to be about as shown in Matt.24:23-26; 2 Cor.11; 2 Thess.2:3-4; and Rev.13, and Dan.8 thru 12. Plenty of warnings given by our Lord Jesus and His Apostles about it.

Let's take the warning our Lord Jesus gave in Rev.16:15 within the 6th vial timing as an example. He said, "Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame."

The "as a thief" metaphor goes back to His warnings at the end of Matt.24 about His coming, like the goodman of the house that remains on watch for the thief to try and break in. What is it one may lose by not watching? Their "garments", which represent the garments of Christ's Salvation involving His promised return and gathering of His faithful to Him.

OK, so there's some kind of event that can cause His servants to loose their "garments", and instead walk in shame when He comes. And it comes by not... watching (not remaining sober like Apostle Paul said, but asleep instead per 1 Thess.5). This is all metaphorical speech, but it applies to the events of the end leading up to our Lord Jesus' second coming, including the tribulation timing.

What event would that be then, just prior to our Lord's coming, that could cause one to loose their "garments"? Fallling away to false worship to the wrong Christ. What could cause a believer on Christ to do that? By not understanding that a fake Christ is coming first to mimic our Lord Jesus (i.e., the "another Jesus" concept Apostle Paul taught in 2 Cor.11).

This is why even Apostle Paul in 2 Cor.11 began his message there that he wanted to present those believers as "a chaste virgin" to Christ when He appears, and that he was afraid they would instead listen to another spirit involving the "another Jesus", and go with him instead. Is this not the same Message I have been declaring here all along, the warning of falling to worship the coming pseudo-Christ that will appear in Jerusalem first, working greats signs, wonders, and miracles that if possible it would deceive even Christ's very elect?

Well, that's what the Rev.9 'sting' is about. It's the sting of deception to the wrong Christ.

It is Apostle Paul's "strong delusion" that God is sending upon the rebellious per 2 Thess.2. We as believers on Christ Jesus are not to be a part of that strong delusion event of falling to worship the coming pseudo-Christ in Jerusalem, even if our refusal leads to our death. Yet many brethren are going to do just that, because the crept in unawares within the leadership of many of today's Christian organizations have been preparing the majority of Churches to do just that.

Hi Salty,

I have read your post & printed it off so I could refer to it. You have studied scripture but your one big mistake, which is so common today is relating everything that Jesus said to the people of Israel as to us. We learn from what Jesus said, but Israel is an entirely different group than the Body of Christ as God`s word shows.

Now you are relating Matt. 24; 23 - 26 `false Christs / Messiahs for Israel & thinking that is the same for the Body of Christ. They are different groups & different messages. The Body of Christ has to watch that they do not get deceived that another Christ is preached (2 Cor. 11: 4) while Israel has to watch for its true Messiah in the flesh in the tribulation. (Matt. 24) Quite a difference.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Hi Salty,

I have read your post & printed it off so I could refer to it. You have studied scripture but your one big mistake, which is so common today is relating everything that Jesus said to the people of Israel as to us. We learn from what Jesus said, but Israel is an entirely different group than the Body of Christ as God`s word shows.

Now you are relating Matt. 24; 23 - 26 `false Christs / Messiahs for Israel & thinking that is the same for the Body of Christ. They are different groups & different messages. The Body of Christ has to watch that they do not get deceived that another Christ is preached (2 Cor. 11: 4) while Israel has to watch for its true Messiah in the flesh in the tribulation. (Matt. 24) Quite a difference.

Maybe you would reconsider your position if you meditated on the fact that Jesus was talking to a Jewish audience before the crucifixion. Those Jews who took Jesus words to heart, would have been watching out for false Jewish leaders from then on, which would have then been the doctrine of the early church, to watch for false Jewish leaders.

Hi Salty,

I gather you haven't read much of the writings of the early Church fathers of the 1st and 2nd century then. Much of what I've been teaching is a repeat of what they saw for the end; they were definitely warning Christ's Church about it, and not orthodox unbelieving Jews.

Now that statement of yours in your second paragraph is completely and totally misleading, with,

"The Body of Christ has to watch that they do not get deceived that another Christ is preached..."???!?

How is it you make preaching the warning of the coming "another Jesus" as the thing to watch out for when that idea is exactly OPPOSITE of Apostle Paul's message of warning in 2 Corinthians 11?

2 Cor.11:2-4

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

How could you confuse the difference between those who preach "another Jesus" (i.e., Satan's ministers) with those like Paul and myself that give warning about that "another Jesus"? Paul's message there is the SAME message of our Lord Jesus Christ in Matt.24:23-26 about the coming pseudo-Christ (psueodchristos in the Greek) and setting up of the abomination of desolation in Jerusalem! It is the same message Christ showed the Churches through Apostle John in Rev.13:11 forward about the "another beast" that's coming to cause idol worship in deceiving the whole world.