Alone Too Long. A New Idea

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Recently I was reading a blog where the writer made the point that if a person is in dire physical distress, such as severe hunger or thirst, or without shelter and clothes, you can't help him much until you feed him, give him to drink, and provide shelter and warmth with clothes. It makes a lot of sense to me. Now suppose someone is like me, with almost no human contact for weeks and months, and even then it's only a few minutes at a time. How can I learn anything new spiritually or even use what I already know. I was very close to God for many a year. This horror that has over taken me started with extreme grief. I can't even concentrate on praying. Being alone + lonely is getting the best of me.

The new idea I had is can this be the way the devil is going to attempt to do me in. He can't separate me from God. I don't blame God for anything. I never did. Satan does seem to have more freedom lately than he ever did before. Maybe we are reaching the end, so Satan would have more freedom than usual.

I know I have God, but I need human contact. Without it I'm no good to anyone nor myself. And many other Christians are experiencing this. Thanks to the Internet I found this out. I become strongest when I help others. But no one seems to want my help. I know myself quite well, and that's how I am.

Hi JTC

I don't quite know your situation but isolation is not good for anyone unless for limited amounts of time as some people just like to get away by themself sometimes (actually I'm like that)

Have you considered volunteer work?  Like in a soup kitchen or something?  or hospital visitation or anything like that where you can get out and help people and not be alone?

And sorry, but is there no church you can go to ? (I'm not condemning you if you don't want to go...just trying to help find solutions for your lonliness)

I do believe there are more pressures on Christians today then even 5 yrs ago....and I don't think it is going to get easier....but helping others is  a great way to get out and not be alone

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Recently I was reading a blog where the writer made the point that if a person is in dire physical distress, such as severe hunger or thirst, or without shelter and clothes, you can't help him much until you feed him, give him to drink, and provide shelter and warmth with clothes. It makes a lot of sense to me. Now suppose someone is like me, with almost no human contact for weeks and months, and even then it's only a few minutes at a time. How can I learn anything new spiritually or even use what I already know. I was very close to God for many a year. This horror that has over taken me started with extreme grief. I can't even concentrate on praying. Being alone + lonely is getting the best of me.

The new idea I had is can this be the way the devil is going to attempt to do me in. He can't separate me from God. I don't blame God for anything. I never did. Satan does seem to have more freedom lately than he ever did before. Maybe we are reaching the end, so Satan would have more freedom than usual.

I know I have God, but I need human contact. Without it I'm no good to anyone nor myself. And many other Christians are experiencing this. Thanks to the Internet I found this out. I become strongest when I help others. But no one seems to want my help. I know myself quite well, and that's how I am.

Start with one. Find one and no matter how small, start with one.

Go to YouTube and look up Heidi Baker - "start with the one". It is inspiring.

I know I have God, but I need human contact.

Without it I'm no good to anyone nor myself.

And many other Christians are experiencing this.

Thanks to the Internet I found this out.

I become strongest when I help others.

But no one seems to want my help.

I know myself quite well, and that's how I am.

:thumbsup:

To Have Something Worth Giving

The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Psalms 12:6

Start With The Source

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. Luke 4:4

And You

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

Will

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:10-12

~

And Indeed Brother, Check Out Our Dear Sister, Heidi Baker

http://www.irisglobal.org/

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I think you guys misunderstood me. I can't go very far from where I live. I have way too many illnesses myself. I'm also so broke I may soon lose TV service again, as well as Internet service. I live below poverty levels. All I can do is write emails and speak. I can't help a person like Iris with her missionaries.

I think you guys misunderstood me. I can't go very far from where I live. I have way too many illnesses myself. I'm also so broke I may soon lose TV service again, as well as Internet service. I live below poverty levels. All I can do is write emails and speak. I can't help a person like Iris with her missionaries.

Praying~!

~

Beloved, We Were Pointing You To Heidi For Her Active Faith

And To See The Power Of God Upon Her Life

And For Her Intimate Relation With Jesus

But Not As An Investment

For Your Funds

~

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Praying~!

~

Beloved, We Were Pointing You To Heidi For Her Active Faith

And To See The Power Of God Upon Her Life

And For Her Intimate Relation With Jesus

But Not As An Investment

For Your Funds

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

Yes brother. Joe says it perfectly. When I said 'start with the one', and look up Heidi Baker (Glad you looked up Iris ministries), I meant look up the story she tells on YouTube about starting with one person. It is amazing, and uplifting. There must be someone near you, someone you know, who you can start with?

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, JTC if you are able to email, then I know of a way you can reach out to people. There is a Christian pen pal website where you can connect with Christians and non-Christians who are interested in Christianity. Some on the site are mature Christians who want extra fellowship.  Some are new Christians who need help or advice. Some are non Christians who are open to Christianity. If you have any interest in it, you can look through people's comments about themselves on the site and see if there is anyone you can help. If you want to help others maybe having email pen pals could be a starting point. On the pen pal site you can find pen pals by searching by age and gender or by clicking on part of a map to see all of the people who have have signed up from those areas. Some people on there only want to email, others are interested in sending letters. Reading their description on what they are looking for in a pen pal should help you pick one that is right for you and that you can be of help to. It is an English language site, but not all the people on there have it as their first language. If you are interested here is the websitehttp://christianpenpals.com/

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Thank you Clean.  I have bookmarked the site and  I will look it over later this week.  I very well might be able to help out there.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/01/1972

hi jtc, i think i know how you feel. apart from spending time with my children, i have little to do with anyone else. i may speak to people who i bump into on my walks, but i have no real friends, because people make me feel uncomfortable. i enjoy my own company, but also know i am lonely, and that upsets me sometimes. my sister had autism, so often i wonder if maybe i have aspergers because the symptoms fit exactly. i actually love to help others though, and when the holy spirit came upon me in prayer many times i felt huge compassion for others, and had plans to become a missionary.

but i couldnt go due to family, so i spent time on the internet on forums and did as much good as i could, but then got hooked into debating and some nasty people, and something changed in me and i struggled spiritually for years now, i feel empty, and i would do anything to feel gods presence again, and guidance. i feel it is also something to do with these times we are in. times have got hard, there is a deception going on, a happiness type delusion i believe.... how do we get back?

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You are welcome, sorry for the late reply.