IGNORED

TESTING THE SPIRIT/VOICE" TO KNOW WHETHER THEY ARE OF GOD.

Jerry1023

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

How can we test the spirit,1 John 4:3" says we should try the spirit,a good friend of mine told me that he is confuse,i ask him how,I quote,a voice speaks to me,and told me that he is the Comforter,i heard this voice immediately i ended my prayer,this spirit told me that God has answer my prayer,at the appointed time He will bring it to pass,the voice proved himself by directing me to a chapter in the bible,that confirm his promise,but that time has come and gone,please how do i know when God is speaking to me,and when my emotion and satan is speaking to me,this is the question the brother asked me,how will you feel if you are expecting a miracle from God,you embark into fasting and prayer,along the line a spirit speaks to you that by this time next month God will do it for you,and at the end it did not come to pass,I believe even the devil can quote the scripture,

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I do know God doesn't have a cell phone to call you with so there is  a chance the voice you hear or that conscience leading is God talking to you. Often God is the one telling you to do the thing you may be reluctant at first to do that you know is the right thing to do.  Guess who says sleep in  everyday, eat too much food, watch TV or play on the computer as much as you want and /or be lazy  (because its what you want to hear)!

Guess who says go be a missionary, or admit to a wrongdoing to someone to put it right, or get up and work or volunteer at a charity for me.

Edited by Chris.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  3

God leads us by The Holy Spirit, in the form of an inner urge or driving to do something. Hearing voices is kind of out of date for Him, and one should be suspicious of voices.

Definitely, if one hears a voice that something is going to come to pass at a certain time and it doesn't, that voice was NOT from God.

Yet there are definite ways to know when God has done a work through us. We will 'know' beyond all doubt that God did it through us too! The working will not fit any other explanation is one of the main indicators. And it will especially be personal to the people involved.

For example, once I got down to serious Bible study, I went into a place of business to buy, waited in the checkout line, and when I got to the counter the cashier looked up at me, whom I had never met, and he started asking me Bible questions out of the blue. I gave a short note of where in The Bible to go check it out. I went back another time and asked him if he knew me, heard of me, etc., and he said he'd never seen me before that day nor heard of me. I asked him why he chose me to ask those Bible questions out of the blue? He said he was struggling and had prayed about it and knew God had sent me. What should I think then? If one is willing to serve Him, He will use you if you ask Him. That's all there is to it. For me and that person, it is impossible to question that event, we both know for sure God exists by that experience, as it was specifically meant for me and that person. That most often is how God works in our lives, by an experience that at the time we didn't right off see God's Hand in it until after it happened.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Jerry, it is very important for us to be very very familiar with the Bible.    Any voices that are from God will never ever tell you something that is contradictory of the Bible.    It will never ever ask you to do anything that is not loving and helpful to others.

I'm always skeptical about hearing things for in the mid 70's I had this happen to me and for three years I thought it was the Lord instructing me.....  turned not not to be and it was so close to costing me my soul it still brings goose bumps to think about it.