IGNORED

Does anyone where I can find a Legit Prophet?

fire-heart

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/27/1971

Yes yes I know prophets are a touchy subject and I know ppl say there arent anymore but thiis is a legit question and not a debate. I am needing to speak to a prophet and I am not comfortable saying why in public.

I am Extremely careful when it comes to this stuff so I require the person to prophecy something about me or a soon event and if it comes true then I can accept them but saying a general thing will happen will not work like saying you will go through times of testing or something.

Sounds like you are looking for a fortune teller. I highly recommend against that.

1Sa 28:6-7 KJV - And when Saul enquired of the LORD, the LORD answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets.
 - Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and enquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at Endor.

Otherwise, walk by faith, not by sight, and worship God in spirit and truth.

Many look for the physical rather than the spiritual.  

Jhn 4:24 KJV - God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Im not looking for a fortune teller I am not even looking for one to know the future but I suppose I do owe an explanation.I am looking for true prophet for two reasons the first is to test my belief that there are true prophets and the second is because I need to speak with the Lord. There are questions I need answers to and certain things I need to understand and i cant find them in the bible and he has been silent to me.

Don't look for something that does not exist, pray and go talk to a pastor or Priest

Im not looking for a fortune teller I am not even looking for one to know the future but I suppose I do owe an explanation.I am looking for true prophet for two reasons the first is to test my belief that there are true prophets and the second is because I need to speak with the Lord. There are questions I need answers to and certain things I need to understand and i cant find them in the bible and he has been silent to me.

We've all been there.

Some answers are not going to come until our life here on earth is done, so you really need to get used to that idea. We walk by faith not by sight. The Bible and prayer are two places to find the answers -- and know this: if God is silent on an issue then He has a reason for it.

You may also want to talk to some older believers or your pastor/elders, etc. If you don't have a church, then you should really find one. We need to be around other believers because you can't do all those "one anothers" in the NT without other believers. 

Keep praying and wait. Yeah. Wait. I don't do so well with that either. :)  We are to wait on the Lord. The world, the flesh, and the devil all want you to rush into things blindly without thinking and it is a recipe for disaster. I know because I went there years ago and am still paying for those mistakes.

Like Fez said: never follow the man. God's word is our only standard for truth.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

I personally believe prophets have ceased per Mat 11:13. However the gifts of prophecy were given to the church for edification and are to continue until Christ's return. A few are known for this gift, but I would not necessarily call them prophets.

I believe God wants to show us things to come based upon my experiences with Him -- it's His very nature. So seek Him, pray, study the Bible all night. Seek Him and you will find your answer. You don't have to run all over the place looking for a "prophet."

Jesus said that "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me (Jn 10:27). You can hear directly from God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

chrch15.gif

Here is where you find legitimate prophets

Yes & Amen the more "SURE" word of prophecy - not one jot or title shall pass away until all be fulfilled. You can bank on it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Yes yes I know prophets are a touchy subject and I know ppl say there arent anymore but thiis is a legit question and not a debate. I am needing to speak to a prophet and I am not comfortable saying why in public.

I am Extremely careful when it comes to this stuff so I require the person to prophecy something about me or a soon event and if it comes true then I can accept them but saying a general thing will happen will not work like saying you will go through times of testing or something.

You need to talk to our Heavenly Father and ask for what you need in Jesus name. Ye have not because ye ask not. Scripture tells us "Let us come boldly to the throne of grace. Seeking out a prophet might get you told what itching ears want to hear and not the voice of God. We as saints have direct access to God the Father and that access didn't come cheap for it cost the body of our Lord Jesus Christ crucified on a cross as a sacrifice so that we could be reconciled to right relationship with our Father in heaven and we can approach him about anything at anytime and if we have confidence toward God we know that he will hear the petitions or request that we ask of him. Seek and ye shall find knock and it shall be opened. We don't need to go hunt down a prophet for a sign or a word and then sit back and wait for it to come to pass as if it's some kind of test. This request doesn't even make sense to me personally in why you would want to seek out a prophet of God. I don't see the rationality in it. My Heavenly Father knows the very number of hairs I have on my head. Our heavenly Father knows us even better that we know ourselves he knows what we will ask before we even ask it. So why seek out a prophet when our heavenly Father knows everything about us. Good Luck in your search but I'm pretty sure you want find what you're looking for.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

You need to talk to our Heavenly Father and ask for what you need in Jesus name. Ye have not because ye ask not. Scripture tells us "Let us come boldly to the throne of grace. Seeking out a prophet might get you told what itching ears want to hear and not the voice of God. We as saints have direct access to God the Father and that access didn't come cheap for it cost the body of our Lord Jesus Christ crucified on a cross as a sacrifice so that we could be reconciled to right relationship with our Father in heaven and we can approach him about anything at anytime and if we have confidence toward God we know that he will hear the petitions or request that we ask of him. Seek and ye shall find knock and it shall be opened. We don't need to go hunt down a prophet for a sign or a word and then sit back and wait for it to come to pass as if it's some kind of test. This request doesn't even make sense to me personally in why you would want to seek out a prophet of God. I don't see the rationality in it. My Heavenly Father knows the very number of hairs I have on my head. Our heavenly Father knows us even better that we know ourselves he knows what we will ask before we even ask it. So why seek out a prophet when our heavenly Father knows everything about us. Good Luck in your search but I'm pretty sure you want find what you're looking for.

Im no longer looking for a prophet even though I believe there are legit prophets even for these days. But the scripture you have not recieved because you have not asked does not  apply to my situation because I have asked, ever since the beginning of my faith and some for more than six months. Its not as simple as just asking and praying and as for the test that doesnt seem logical to you i assumed everyone would know its for me not being led astray by false prophets.

I have met some ppl who claim to be prophets and say God wants me to be wealthy and successful but when I told them I dont want money or success they never responded again because i  didnt fall for their scheme. Trust me I know how ppl only prophecy things for itching ears in fact lots of preacher do the same thing preaching what ppl want to hear. I am very careful for a good reason and The things I have been asking for are very important but prayer does not work even having ppl pray for me doesnt work.

things a normal christian should have and be doing i cannot and I want them very badly, so badly i sought for a prophet to get an answer from God as to why i never get a reply. You cannot possibly imagine the sorrow of not being able to do what every Christian needs

I am very careful for a good reason and The things I have been asking for are very important but prayer does not work even having ppl pray for me doesnt work.

things a normal christian should have and be doing i cannot and I want them very badly, so badly i sought for a prophet to get an answer from God as to why i never get a reply. You cannot possibly imagine the sorrow of not being able to do what every Christian needs

You may not want to hear this, but its the truth, so here goes. I think you'll find that there are many here who know exactly what that feels like. Thing is, we don't get to know all the answers on this side of eternity -- bottom line is this: get used to the feeling because its always going to be there about one thing or another, or about one set of circumstances and another. Its part of walking with Christ. We walk by faith not by sight. 

There are things in everyone's life that they feel are "wrong" for one reason or another. I know quite a few of them. Example: many these days would like to get out from under mountains of debt -- but they can't. They do all the right things, dot all the "I's" and cross all the "T's" as it were, pray all the prayers and make up a few new ones along the way -- and get nothing. Silence. Sometimes for years. They want to do what's right (about whatever the situation is) but there's no way to do it. They are completely backed into a corner with no way out.

That's why we have to trust that the Lord knows what He's doing. No matter what. Do what you can. Trust God with the rest and press on.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

I am very careful for a good reason and The things I have been asking for are very important but prayer does not work even having ppl pray for me doesnt work.

You may not want to hear this, but its the truth, so here goes. I think you'll find that there are many here who know exactly what that feels like. Thing is, we don't get to know all the answers on this side of eternity -- bottom line is this: get used to the feeling because its always going to be there about one thing or another, or about one set of circumstances and another. Its part of walking with Christ. We walk by faith not by sight. 

There are things in everyone's life that they feel are "wrong" for one reason or another. I know quite a few of them. Example: many these days would like to get out from under mountains of debt -- but they can't. They do all the right things, dot all the "I's" and cross all the "T's" as it were, pray all the prayers and make up a few new ones along the way -- and get nothing. Silence. Sometimes for years. They want to do what's right (about whatever the situation is) but there's no way to do it. They are completely backed into a corner with no way out.

That's why we have to trust that the Lord knows what He's doing. No matter what. Do what you can. Trust God with the rest and press on.

why would I not want to hear that? If ppl have to deal with my struggles then its kind of comforting to know Im not alone

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

y should ask GOD,not prophet

the prophet has very limited for-seeing,he/she only knows what GOD tells him/her,and can not for-see via magic,prophet is not the wizard!!!understand?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

y are really misunderstand what means prophesy