j102

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

As Christians what are your views on medical marijuana and why? Science has shown that there are MANY medical benefits of using it.

Edited by Hippie333
Unkind, assuming remarks about "all" Christians

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

when I was a kid a friend of mine had asthma he was 9 and they gave him asthma cigarettes to help with it and it worked well for him. when I was around 14 the schools library had the only encyclopedias and in them at that time it was not considered a gateway drug and it was not considered a hallucinogenic as is today.

If I lived where it were legal I probably would try it for a medicine. It is God made you do not need to add any 

thing to it for it to work as I understand its use today. It may be better than some of the man made things

that help one problem but cause 10 other problems while helping one. I dont think I would not try to convince a doc just to have it but if the need arose and it were an option I might go for it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I see it in the same way that we get plenty of drugs from plants. We get codeine from the opium poppy, the same place as we get heroin but nobody bothers about that. But the same people would not suggest legalising heroin as a recreational drug.

Likewise, I don't have a problem with using marijuana for medical reasons, but that's not the same as somebody smoking a joint.

"Medical MJ"  is a pretext for legalization for recreational use.

Why do you think so? Heroin and morphine both come from the same plant and both are also used medicinal and recreationly too, so just because someone uses it recreationally doesn't mean there's no medical value in it either.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

It was originally not used in medicine because it was undependable as to how effective it was in people. People all react differently. It is said to be used for glaucoma and for tollerating cancer therepy drugs which make most people very nauseous. It is known to cause mutations of sperm chromosomes. Or so I learned in studying physiology and pharmacology in nursing school.

I don't like anything that lowers my ability to function and reason coherently. I hate the feeling of losing control, and I hate anything that separates me from sensing the leading and voice of God in my life.

However, inhaling any type of smoke from cigarettes is not wise. It destroys phagocytic cells in the lungs and thus removes a source of protection from invading organisms.

Guest shiloh357

Why do you think so? Heroin and morphine both come from the same plant and both are also used medicinal and recreationly too, so just because someone uses it recreationally doesn't mean there's no medical value in it either.

I didn't say there is no medical value to MJ.   My point is that the people who are fighting the hardest about its medical are the ones who would be the most likely to use it recreationally.   My point is that  the medical use argument is really just a cover for getting it legalized nationwide for those who want to get high.  They don't really give a rat's behind about it's medical value.   It is just a convenient and useful argument for them.

I didn't say there is no medical value to MJ.   My point is that the people who are fighting the hardest about its medical are the ones who would be the most likely to use it recreationally.   My point is that  the medical use argument is really just a cover for getting it legalized nationwide for those who want to get high.  They don't really give a rat's behind about it's medical value.   It is just a convenient and useful argument for them.

Isn't that painting the picture with a broad brush? There are a GREAT many who are supporting it for its medical value. And how do you know that its just a cover for full legalization? Do you know anyone personally involved in the medical marijuana scene and see the intentions of there heart?

Judge not lest you be judged- as spoken by Jesus himself

Guest shiloh357

Isn't that painting the picture with a broad brush? There are a GREAT many who are supporting it for its medical value. And how do you know that its just a cover for full legalization? Do you know anyone personally involved in the medical marijuana scene and see the intentions of there heart?

Oh please, people use that judging comment any time they confronted about their own sin.   Jesus was talking about not employing hypocritical judgement.

And no I am not painting with broad brush.  I know the there those out there who support it for its medical value, but the people who the loudest and most vocal about it are the people who want it legalized for recreational use.  And they are completely disingenuous  in pretending that they care about the medical value of it.   Everyone I have ever encountered who makes the medical argument are the same ones making the nationwide legalization argument as well.  They are the ones arguing for it to be legalized because it is allegedly a perfectly harmless drug with no ill effects (which is completely false).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Just because there are many who support for its medical value doesn't mean that there aren't those who support it for other reasons. Its medical value has been known for sometime but the present, most vocal campaigners are people who hide behind the 'medical usefulness' and want it to be legalised for other reasons. I have 'fomer' friends who are marijuana users and they've always wanted it to be legalised for recreational use. They are really jumping on the medical bandwagon now.