• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Disgusting, but seriously no surprise at all. This is how the World is. It's not just the U.S.A. The whole of Christendom is being infected with this plague of indecency. Satan is trying to corrupt the kids.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,492
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Is it wrong to rejoice of hell and the only place this belongs?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Isaiah Ch 3.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,149
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings coheir,

Honestly,I am kind of shocked that Christian news would quote the inappropriate joke that was told at the awards ceremony!I really think everyone involved should be accountable for their part.......Christian News,publishing the disgusting joke......the teacher for handing a 16/17 yr old a microphone to ad-lib ......the parent for not knowing what the child was going to say in advance(I would have wanted to know what my kid was going to say before they got on stage).........and the kids for bringing condoms as a prize,really?

It takes a Village to raise a child................and I bet the mom that complained 7 made this all public was of a very small minority that were shocked by any of this!the god of this world is busy at work this day.....& Christians tolerate it!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Things are getting bad and I agree with most of what I have heard. 

However two things I do not agree with is the saying;

"It takes a village to raise a child."    and     "facts of what really happened"

I believe this is "One world Government" talk. Used a lot by hillary clinton

God could have but did not create a village; and I read no where he wants the village you live in to raise

your kids. It is a Family thing to raise kids. Gods gift to a husband and wife not included is the government.

"It takes a village to raise a child" is code for government intrusion into how you raise your OWN child.

Which will start soon, it is, to my understanding, they have already decided to assign a case worker to ALL

4 year olds in the USA. No matter if you are a good or bad parent also it is a way for the worker to find out stuff in your life about you from a 4 or 5 year old that will tell all he/she knows about home life. Like does your parent make you pray or say grace could be questions ask of a child.

Sorry kwik I diagree on this; also if the news did not print the facts we would have to guess at how bad are those facts and most would say those facts not printed probably were not as bad as they say. Its not always good what we read but the facts let us know what we are up against without facts we really would not know 

just how bad it is in this world.

Blessings coheir,

That s quite alright,you are certainly entitled to your own opinion .I don't know much about any gov't codes or conspiracy to raise  MY child or grandchildren & I am not really interested in Hillary Clinton ....I do believe the old saying was around long before she was a thought-lol     But coming from a very Italian traditional family (from I)taly,,,,a village) & growing up in NYC,ll Italian neighborhood,,,,,,,there was not one parent that did not know every kid in the neighborhood & there was not anything you could get away with because you had 65 mothers & 65 fathers to reprimand you if you did something wrong,,,,,,,,every parent knew every one of their childs teachers & OOOOH,you would not want a call home!!!! Policeman walked a beat back then & they knew all of us kids by name,straight to our parents if there was a problem........

You see i come from another time,,,,where the whole village did raise the children,they raised ,respectful,obedient,law abiding,God fearing children......because everyone cared & everyone served God ,even America was One Nation Under God,it wasn't just some words written on currency....Times have changed......I don't need the news to know whats going on......I can take a walk in any neighborhood & it is all the same

I enjoy reading bumper stickers on cars and one caught my attention more than most. It was on the back of a car that was in front of me at a red traffic light. The “Dear God” beginning made me curious and I read the rest before the light turned green and car sped away.

The first line on the bumper sticker was direct and challenging. It says, “Dear God, why do you allow so much violence in our schools? Signed, A concerned student.”

On the second line was a thought-provoking and eye-catching answer. It says, “Dear concerned student, I am not allowed in schools. Signed, God.”

That is what is happening in the world,,,,,there are no more villages,,,,,how many of your neighbors do you know?God help us all

With love in Christ,Kwik

Blessings coheir,

That s quite alright,you are certainly entitled to your own opinion .I don't know much about any gov't codes or conspiracy to raise  MY child or grandchildren & I am not really interested in Hillary Clinton ....I do believe the old saying was around long before she was a thought-lol     But coming from a very Italian traditional family (from I)taly,,,,a village) & growing up in NYC,ll Italian neighborhood,,,,,,,there was not one parent that did not know every kid in the neighborhood & there was not anything you could get away with because you had 65 mothers & 65 fathers to reprimand you if you did something wrong,,,,,,,,every parent knew every one of their childs teachers & OOOOH,you would not want a call home!!!! Policeman walked a beat back then & they knew all of us kids by name,straight to our parents if there was a problem........

You see i come from another time,,,,where the whole village did raise the children,they raised ,respectful,obedient,law abiding,God fearing children......because everyone cared & everyone served God ,even America was One Nation Under God,it wasn't just some words written on currency....Times have changed......I don't need the news to know whats going on......I can take a walk in any neighborhood & it is all the same

I enjoy reading bumper stickers on cars and one caught my attention more than most. It was on the back of a car that was in front of me at a red traffic light. The “Dear God” beginning made me curious and I read the rest before the light turned green and car sped away.

The first line on the bumper sticker was direct and challenging. It says, “Dear God, why do you allow so much violence in our schools? Signed, A concerned student.”

On the second line was a thought-provoking and eye-catching answer. It says, “Dear concerned student, I am not allowed in schools. Signed, God.”

That is what is happening in the world,,,,,there are no more villages,,,,,how many of your neighbors do you know?God help us all

With love in Christ,Kwik

It was like that and at one time I can the use of the phrase for that time. Only the meaning of the phrase has changed in todays world. 

Mantras of the 90's (#1)

New Series for '97 

A mantra is defined as -- "...simply a word or phrase which, when repeated, influences the human mind." 1 In keeping with this, advertising slogans and jingles are mantras. The term is more generally used to describe those chants used in yoga or Oriental mystery religions. 

Transcendental Meditation is essentially a mantric art. When you are taught TM, you are given a personal mantra - a couple of words, or a phrase that may or may not have meaning. The alleged purpose is to get in tune with your "personal vibrations." Various phrases are associated with Buddhism; one common mantra is translated, "Hail to the Jewel in the Lotus." In the Islamic religion, there is the common mantra: "Hua allahu alazi lailaha illa Hua," which is translated, "He is God and there is no other God than He." Mantras became popular because of their usefulness in creating alleged changes in consciousness. They are an integral part of Eastern religions and the current New Age school of thought. 

In our society, there are certain sayings or slogans that take on great power and influence merely through repetition. For Example ...

"It Takes A Village" 

About a year ago a new book was released by Mrs. Clinton. It is about children, and what she believes it takes to raise them. In her view, "It Takes A Village." 

Actually, she did not coin the phrase. It is an oft-repeated African proverb which has become the mantra of every international women's conference (Cairo, Beijing). The phrase captures the view championed by feminists and the "politically correct police." 

The original African slogan was offered from the context of the ideal group of people surrounding a child and contributing to his early education and training: grandparents, friends, teachers and others who in many ways supplement the primary care and oversight of the parents. Mrs. Clinton grants that "parents bear the first and primary responsibility for their sons and daughters." Then, in her description of this "village," she goes far beyond friends, neighbors and extended family to include all the agencies, government projects and social institutions she advocates. One reviewer said, "By the end of the book, it appears that Mrs. Clinton has never met a government program she didn't like," (Kerby Anderson). 2 

What is needed to raise children? Must parents depend upon day care centers, educrats, bureacrats and humanistic programs? 

It takes a sense of obligation and respect toward God.

There are certain things we do for our children, and basic needs we provide for them, unconditionally, because we have made a commitment to God as parents. We bear the responsibility of parents, because we have made an earlier decision to please the Lord. "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it," (Psa. 127:1). 

It takes love. 

There is a natural affection, a love parents have for their children that is unlike any other relational bond. In the absence of this love ("without natural affection," Rom. 

1:31), the best village enjoys little power in raising children. Children need fathers and mothers who love them (Titus 2:4). 

It takes moral conviction.

If we put up with rudeness and defiance; if we just "let them" act out of rebellion and selfishness, we demonstrate no moral courage and further - our tolerance of their rudeness only produces more of the same in them. On the basis of obligation to God and the moral conviction and courage that produces, we will set high goals, resist lawlessness and accompany all our efforts with prayer. 

It takes patience. 

Sometimes we will find ourselves under tremendous pressure to give up; to run out of patience, and assume the worst possible fate for our children. Throughout God's word we are repeatedly told that people who have made mistakes can resurrect their lives from wrongdoing, be forgiven and change. Even after horrible mistakes and long struggles, young people can change, mature, repent and make us proud. "Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged," (Col. 3:21). 

It takes the influence of Godly examples. 

When the apostle Paul remembered the faith of Timothy, he immediately thought of two great women who had illustrated faith in God to Timothy from his infancy. Paul wrote to Timothy, and commended his faith, "...which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded in you also ... that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus," (2 Tim. 1:5 & 2 Tim. 3:15). 

"Hillary Clinton says it takes a village to raise a child, but the real 'village' is founded on strong parents, supported by family, friends, churches, schools and the 

local community. Big government isn't a village. And bureaucrats in Washington are not better able to make decisions for children than loving parents. The village must be an environment in which families are supported and strengthened. The problem today IS the village. Cultural pollution, crime, violence, liberal government policies, sexually explicit images, unresponsive educators, and anti-faith bigotry are among the 'village forces' that work against families trying to teach their children right from wrong and trying to give them a sense of the American dream." 3 

Body, Mind & Spirit, by Eileeen Campbell & J.H. Brennan; 1994, Charles E. Tuttle Company, Inc. p.#145,146. 

Kerby Anderson quote from the computer homepage of Dallas/Ft. Worth Heritage. She is an author, broadcaster, and CEO of Probe Ministries, Richardson, TX. 

Gary Bauer (quoted in Family Research Council News, Jan. 29, 1996). 

http://www. worthynews.com/redirect.php?url=http://feeds.foxnews.com/~r/foxnews/politics/~3/fRq37DiNoDY/

the liberals were ok with mandated homosexual reading. Now they are mad over a mandate to to teach the Constitution.

Blessings coheir.....

Thanks for really explaining "why" you were in disagreement with what I said ,referring to "It takes a village"........seems like once again,we are after all,on one accord-LOL    Praise the Lord!   The sad thing is that even our little sayings & SO MANY words ,have taken on new meaning because of the insidious works of the god of this world.........Ha,once again he attempts to divide us but we,the Body of Christ....reason together & figure it out-LOL  

Now you have posted another  example of the works of the enemy corrupting an already sick & dying world.....that is infuriating,classic example of what we just discussed about "One Nation Under God".........stop teaching the US Constitution?Mandate homosexual  teaching?Outrageous!

My Brother,"Todays World"....is filled with so much evil,it is heartbreaking.......I cannot imagine how Gods Heart must greive

God bless you,Happy fathers Day!                                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik