IGNORED

i'm 50 years old and can't stand being alone anymore

Guest kronborg

Guest kronborg

Thanx kwikphilly. God will give me a wife when my service for Him requires it. She will help me serve the Lord, travel, phone, meeting appointments, scedule, cooking, etc. and then God will supply both of our needs. That way we keep it all in the family, see.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I do not know what it is like not to have a wife, but in all honesty, I have wondered if I could do more for Him if I was single.  I love my whole family, but God has to come first.  Somehow, I feel like having a family restricts what I can do and where I can go.  Strange how we are on the opposite side of the coin here.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I have had only time to glance through the thread (read the short replies only) and will read it in more detail later but just wanted to address this post.

Onelight,

You said that you are on the opposite side--well, that's likely because you have never felt how bad loneliness can be. The feeling of loneliness can be so overwhelming and actually kills more people than smoking does.  I know because that was 1 of my spiritual warfare where the devil would heighten my loneliness so bad that I could almost not take it if not for God sustaining me. It was a fight and still a fight. Proverbs 18:22  He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.

I do not know what it is like not to have a wife, but in all honesty, I have wondered if I could do more for Him if I was single.  I love my whole family, but God has to come first.  Somehow, I feel like having a family restricts what I can do and where I can go.  Strange how we are on the opposite side of the coin here.

Edited by achristian2

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I have had only time to glance through the thread (read the short replies only) and will read it in more detail later but just wanted to address this post.

Onelight,

You said that you are on the opposite side--well, that's likely because you have never felt how bad loneliness can be. The feeling of loneliness can be so overwhelming and actually kills more people than smoking does.  I know because that was 1 of my spiritual warfare where the devil would heighten my loneliness so bad that I could almost not take it if not for God sustaining me. It was a fight and still a fight. Proverbs 18:22  He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.

You are incorrect in your evaluation of my post.  I never said I didn't know loneliness, I said I don't know what it is like to not to have a wife.  A person can be in the middle of a million people and still feel loneliness.  Having a relationship does not equate to not being lonely. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Onelight,

You are incorrect in your evaluation of my post.  I never said I didn't know loneliness, I said I don't know what it is like to not to have a wife.  A person can be in the middle of a million people and still feel loneliness.  Having a relationship does not equate to not being lonely. 

My sister has a husband and kids but she told me not long ago that she is lonely. She asked me if I was. I told her that I wasn't lonely any more - yet I am single and have no kids.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

Having a pet and keeping the mind occupied with things to do helps a lot but not completely.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Thanx, for the answers but God just gave me a revelation. The answer is: If you want to get married then GO FOR IT!! Jesus says "Seek, and you will find" He dosen't say "wait, and you will find". I was dead wrong in believing that by praying and waiting God would GIVE me a wife. It's also called "The persuit of Happyness" not "The waiting for Happyness". So my mind is made up - for Gods sake, it's my life and i want a wife so now i overrides everything else in my life for "The persuit of Happyness" because i cannot, and i will not, live without a wife and i want a daughter too and now i'm going to FIGHT FOR IT and i don't care how difficult it will be, where i have to travel, or how long - for God's sake, it's my life. Isen't happyness worth fighting for? If Jesus wants to help me in my quest for a wife, that can give me a daugther too, then fine, but if He should choose not to, then ill be fighting just the same. The only prerequisite for at christian to gain a spouse is that she/he be a christian too - then one is free to marry whoever one wishes. Those who wait withers. Those who seek find.

Now I'm of to find me a wife - and i won't stop until i found her. Don't care how long, how far, how high, how deep or how difficult my journey may be - it's my life. And my life is worth fighting for.

Just a thought; it is possible to have several little boys before a little girl comes along, would that be ok also?

Guest kronborg

It is God who makes the babies so i guess it's up to Him no matter what. I just want to see His will in my life. He leads me step by step. But He knows a little girl would make my cup runneth over from joy and happiness. I think that a little daughter would be the most precious and dearly loved gift He ever could have giveth me; A special Jewel from Gods Heart, a Rose from Heaven, and a kiss from Jesus.  

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

It is God who makes the babies so i guess it's up to Him no matter what. I just want to see His will in my life. He leads me step by step. But He knows a little girl would make my cup runneth over from joy and happiness. I think that a little daughter would be the most precious and dearly loved gift He ever could have giveth me; A special Jewel from Gods Heart, a Rose from Heaven, and a kiss from Jesus.

Adoption might be another option to consider...

Guest kronborg

Yes, i really like that idea. The problem though is that i'm 50 so i can be difficult to do it the usual way, but not impossible if it's Gods will. I always liked the idea that adoption is. So many children in poor countries need a good home. I think the governments makes it too difficult for normal loving parents to adopt, considering the benefit the child will gain.