• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

I been a christian for almost 20yrs. I still fall and sin. I still say sorry to God and still do same thing. I try not to sin, but I don't mean it, and I'm not perfect.

Way to go tigger! Don't let anyone tell you you are not a sinner. Of course you are! We all are!

The bible is full of verses telling us that, and telling us how we should avoid sin.  

Paul told us how the Holy Spirit makes it so we no longer sin.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

If one listens to the Holy Spirit and obeys, he or she will never sin again.  If one sins he or she are of the devil, and does not have any relationship with Jesus.

(1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen him or known him.”

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.  In this way we distinguish the children of God from the children of the devil: anybody not living a holy life and not loving his brother is no child of God’s.”  

(1 John 3:8) “Whoever lives sinfully belongs to the devil, since the devil has been a sinner from the beginning. This was the purpose of the appearing of the Son of God, to undo the work of the devil.

So you believe the bible contradicts its self, is that right?  Or do you believe Paul, and John just got it all wrong?  John says one who sins is of the devil, do you believe one can be of the devil, and God at the same time?

Edited by Johnlove

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I been a christian for almost 20yrs. I still fall and sin. I still say sorry to God and still do same thing. I try not to sin, but I don't mean it, and I'm not perfect.

Way to go tigger! Don't let anyone tell you you are not a sinner. Of course you are! We all are!

The bible is full of verses telling us that, and telling us how we should avoid sin.  

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

If one listens to the Holy Spirit and obeys, he or she will never sin again.  If one sins he or she are of the devil, and does not have any relationship with Jesus.

(1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen him or known him.”

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.  In this way we distinguish the children of God from the children of the devil: anybody not living a holy life and not loving his brother is no child of God’s.”  

(1 John 3:8) “Whoever lives sinfully belongs to the devil, since the devil has been a sinner from the beginning. This was the purpose of the appearing of the Son of God, to undo the work of the devil.

So you believe the bible contradicts its self, is that right?  Or do you believe Paul, and John just got it all wrong?  John says one who sins is of the devil, do you believe one can be of the devil, and God at the same time?

Sorry I'm holding my paws up on this one. I disagree, Jesus was the only one who is sinless. As people to be sinless, just not possible. Jesus traded places with me on the cross, because I'm a sinner, other wise I wouldn't need him as a savior. I think not to admit were a sinner, is the biggest sin of all.

Guest shiloh357

You are mishandling the Scriptures and teaching false doctrine.  The truth is not in you.

I John 3:8-10 doesn't say that a person born again never commits another sin.  The original Greek says that a person who is born of God doesn't live in habitual sin.  It doesn't say that a Christian will not commit another sin.

You are the one getting it wrong and no genuine follower of Jesus should believe as you believe.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I beleve it's all about relationship. It won't matter if your sinless or a sinner without a personal relationship with God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Blessings Shiloh

As for the death penalty...   Spiritually speaking all sin has the death penalty connected to it, including homosexuality.  If homosexuals don't repent of their sin and accept Jesus into their lives they will spend eternity in death and separation from God.  That is a reality they need to face up to.         posted by Shiloh

Exactly,,,,,,,& sin is sin indeed,,,,,,and,every sinner has the choice where they want to spend eternity thanks to Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

You know what baffles me Brother?Every gay person I have ever spoken to (many)carries the guilt of their sin as much as they hate to admit it & yet they outright refuse to repent and lie,they pretend to not feel guilt ??????

The power of the pleasure God Placed into the original creation "God saw all He created and it was very good"

was handed over to satan by Adam in His direct rebellious act of eating what was forbidden... pleasure is a

very powerful tool of the devil and we all struggle daily with the proper function of enjoying that pleasure,

that is in this place, by bringing it in subjection to God and His pleasure in its proper use :) Those outside

of the influence of God are completely blinded by it and are consumed in its use... Love, Steven

Edited by enoob57

You are mishandling the Scriptures and teaching false doctrine.  The truth is not in you.

I John 3:8-10 doesn't say that a person born again never commits another sin.  The original Greek says that a person who is born of God doesn't live in habitual sin.  It doesn't say that a Christian will not commit another sin.

You are the one getting it wrong and no genuine follower of Jesus should believe as you believe.

Yes sinners need to find a different translation of the written Word to let themselves believe the lies Satan has sinner’s believing.

By the way has your translation changed all the verses where John tells us a spiritual Christian does not sin?  How about the following verse?

How about where Paul tells us Christians are dead to sin?  Did Paul say dead to practicing sin?

(Romans 6:11) “In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus”

Get real and stop believing Satan’s lies.  A Christian walks as Jesus walked, and Jesus did not

sin,

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Yes sinners need to find a different translation of the written Word to let themselves believe the lies Satan has sinner’s believing.

By the way has your translation changed all the verses where John tells us a spiritual Christian does not sin?  How about the following verse?

How about where Paul tells us Christians are dead to sin?  Did Paul say dead to practicing sin?

(Romans 6:11) “In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus”

Get real and stop believing Satan’s lies.  A Christian walks as Jesus walked, and Jesus did not

sin,

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

before Jesus came to earth not one of the millions of men lived sinless lives.

thats why he came he knew we could not.

now that he has came to be our salvation we still can not live sinless

it is not in the nature of man to be sinless

Jesus is our only hope for salvation we must try to put away sin, yes

but to be perfect humans, I think not

sin,

before Jesus came to earth not one of the millions of men lived sinless lives.

thats why he came he knew we could not.

now that he has came to be our salvation we still can not live sinless

it is not in the nature of man to be sinless

Jesus is our only hope for salvation we must try to put away sin, yes

but to be perfect humans, I think not

You are believing a lie that is from Satan.  If you believe any scripture that you believe says a spiritual Christian continues to sin, then you are contradicting the written Word of God.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

If we could be without sin why would Jesus have us pray the "Father's prayer"? Is this prayer just designed for infant born christians? I mean if it were possible to not sin we wouldn't need to pray for our sins to be forgiven.

Matthew 6:9-13

New International Version (NIV)

“This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
    but deliver us from the evil one.[b]

If one listens to the Holy Spirit and obeys, he or she will never sin again. 

If one sins he or she are of the devil, and does not have any relationship with Jesus.

So you believe the bible contradicts itself, is that right?  

Or do you believe Paul, and John just got it all wrong?  

John says one who sins is of the devil,

do you believe one can be of the devil, and God at the same time?

~

You are believing a lie that is from Satan.  

If you believe any scripture that you believe says a spiritual Christian continues to sin,

then you are contradicting the written Word of God.

~

Beloved, Only Jesus

(John)

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

Saves

(Paul)

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then?

It is excluded.

By what law?

of works?

Nay:

but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:22-28

~

Be 

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 5:8

Blessed

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe