• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

Not just any person.  Just those who have been given the knowledge of the truth.  Most people don't understand that one can't come to the knowledge of the truth unless God teaches him or her.

So if a person is a Christian, and they commit the sin of lust...    In your view, they don't just lose salvation, but they lose all hope of any forgiveness.  They can never get saved again, there is no starting over.  God will never forgive that person for that sin and they have no hope at all??  Their salvation is permanently taken away from them forever?  That is what you are saying?

No that is not what I said.  A Christian is some one who walks as Jesus walked.  A Christian who still sins is a infant in Christ, and not yet spiritual.  

Guest shiloh357

Not just any person.  Just those who have been given the knowledge of the truth.  Most people don't understand that one can't come to the knowledge of the truth unless God teaches him or her.

So if a person is a Christian, and they commit the sin of lust...    In your view, they don't just lose salvation, but they lose all hope of any forgiveness.  They can never get saved again, there is no starting over.  God will never forgive that person for that sin and they have no hope at all??  Their salvation is permanently taken away from them forever?  That is what you are saying?

No that is not what I said.  A Christian is some one who walks as Jesus walked.  A Christian who still sins is a infant in Christ, and not yet spiritual.  

And if that "infant in Christ" commits a single sin, and asks God for forgiveness is do you think he is forgiven, or does God refuse forgiveness and condemn the person to hell?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

He not only taught me that but explained to me how he made it possible for Christians to not sin.

Jesus/Holy Spirit will never lead one to sin, and if a person follows God they will always receive the grace to resist Satan/sin.

John, this is true and Biblical so I hope all Christians would believe this as well. I would also add that we as Christians should hate sin for it undermines the high calling of Jesus Christ, our witness to Him and the ministry.

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. - 1Corinthians 10:13

However, I believe the only point we differ on is that if anyone does fail and sins we do have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ our Lord who is also our Savior. Praise be His Name!

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

1John 2:1

I am glad you have had such victory over sin in your life. As I've stated before I've never known a Christian who admits to no sin and actually does not sin. I've met many who by the world's standards were pure as the driven snow but when asked they confess they struggle with sin. My experience has been the closer we become to Christ the more we see sins that our pride has hidden from initial view. Awareness then leads to confession. This is the process of sanctification - the Lord working through us. I believe while we are in this world we are not yet perfected but that He is working on us to perfect who we are in Him.

May the Lord give us all wisdom in this area and may God bless you

In Jesus Name, Pat

If I would deliberately commit a sin, then there would never be a place for me in the kingdom of God.  Also Jesus/Holy Spirit always lets me know if I am in any danger of committing any wrong doing.

One who allows the Holy Spirit to dictate to him or her, and has a personal relationship with Jesus our Lord and God, will become perfect.  

God will lead his own to live the whole Word of God, and then such a person becomes a home of God's.  There is no sin in the kingdom of God/God's home.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them.  There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.-----“

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

i think 1 Corin 3: 15 fits in here

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

so you said if anyone sins they are not saved, that sounds different than this verse

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I been a christian for almost 20yrs. I still fall and sin. I still say sorry to God and still do same thing. I try not to sin, but I don't mean it, and I'm not perfect.

Way to go tigger! Don't let anyone tell you you are not a sinner. Of course you are! We all are!

The bible is full of verses telling us that, and telling us how we should avoid sin.  

Paul told us how the Holy Spirit makes it so we no longer sin.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

If one listens to the Holy Spirit and obeys, he or she will never sin again.  If one sins he or she are of the devil, and does not have any relationship with Jesus.

(1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen him or known him.”

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.  In this way we distinguish the children of God from the children of the devil: anybody not living a holy life and not loving his brother is no child of God’s.”  

(1 John 3:8) “Whoever lives sinfully belongs to the devil, since the devil has been a sinner from the beginning. This was the purpose of the appearing of the Son of God, to undo the work of the devil.

So you believe the bible contradicts its self, is that right?  Or do you believe Paul, and John just got it all wrong?  John says one who sins is of the devil, do you believe one can be of the devil, and God at the same time?

You are teaching a false interpretation.  

Your interpretation is very dangerous first to yourself and secondly to anyone who fails to understand the work of deceiving spirits.

It is utter deception to say, teach or believe that on this earth we no longer sin ... ever.

If you actually and truly believe you have reached a place where you do not and will not ever sin again and consider the Apostle Paul to be an infant Christian, then I would

suggest you pay special attention to the words of Jesus warning believers about deception.

I been a christian for almost 20yrs. I still fall and sin. I still say sorry to God and still do same thing. I try not to sin, but I don't mean it, and I'm not perfect.

Way to go tigger! Don't let anyone tell you you are not a sinner. Of course you are! We all are!

The bible is full of verses telling us that, and telling us how we should avoid sin.  

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

If one listens to the Holy Spirit and obeys, he or she will never sin again.  If one sins he or she are of the devil, and does not have any relationship with Jesus.

(1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen him or known him.”

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.  In this way we distinguish the children of God from the children of the devil: anybody not living a holy life and not loving his brother is no child of God’s.”  

(1 John 3:8) “Whoever lives sinfully belongs to the devil, since the devil has been a sinner from the beginning. This was the purpose of the appearing of the Son of God, to undo the work of the devil.

So you believe the bible contradicts its self, is that right?  Or do you believe Paul, and John just got it all wrong?  John says one who sins is of the devil, do you believe one can be of the devil, and God at the same time?

Your interpretation is very dangerous first to yourself and secondly to anyone who fails to understand the work of deceiving spirits.

It is utter deception to say, teach or believe that on this earth we no longer sin ... ever.

If you actually and truly believe you have reached a place where you do not and will not ever sin again and consider the Apostle Paul to be an infant Christian, then I would

suggest you pay special attention to the words of Jesus warning believers about deception.

You have shared your opinion, now where is the scripture to confirm your opinion?

Guest shiloh357

You have shared your opinion, now where is the scripture to confirm your opinion?

The very Scriptures you use to support your lies prove that everything you teach is nothing but lies and heresies.   No true follower of Jesus believes you.  Your salvation is based on you being perfect, and not on Jesus.  Thus it is unlikely that you are follower of Jesus.  You need to repent of your lies accept Jesus as your Savior.

Yes sinners need to find a different translation of the written Word to let themselves believe the lies Satan has sinner’s believing.

You have accepted a great and grave deception.  This saddens me as I can well imagine the hardship for anyone acquainted with you and the impossible impossible

standard you have set.  

The heart of a person speaks its own language apart from any translation and I would suggest your words do not express the heart of God but rather an impossible

task master and an earned salvation with the unfortunate reward of imagining oneself as judge over those who do not agree with you.

Sin is a tricky thing.  We can see it so easily in others but rarely in ourselves to the extent of accepting that we might ourselves be wrong.

Those who forswear themselves innocent, refuse any correction and have a high view of their own interpretation will reap the judgements sown upon others irregardless of

whether or not they fully believe themselves truthful.  That, is the nature of deception.

The body does not consist of a head alone nor does one stone hew itself and set itself as the capstone.  We have already that Head and Capstone and I would suggest that

your doctrine be utterly rejected as untruthful and very damaging.  I am not happy to come to that conclusion.

We are to walk in the light as He is in the light.  I am alarmed as I see these very odd and non-biblical teachings...twisted versions of the truth that cause one to ask "Did God

really say?"

God is my Father and I am His Child.  We have a relationship that goes beyond words and yet proves the words in scripture true.

I testify to this truth.  I uphold all 66 books of the cannon of scripture and disavow what you teach.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Yes sinners need to find a different translation of the written Word to let themselves believe the lies Satan has sinner’s believing.

You have accepted a great and grave deception.  This saddens me as I can well imagine the hardship for anyone acquainted with you and the impossible impossible

standard you have set.  

The heart of a person speaks its own language apart from any translation and I would suggest your words do not express the heart of God but rather an impossible

task master and an earned salvation with the unfortunate reward of imagining oneself as judge over those who do not agree with you.

Sin is a tricky thing.  We can see it so easily in others but rarely in ourselves to the extent of accepting that we might ourselves be wrong.

Those who forswear themselves innocent, refuse any correction and have a high view of their own interpretation will reap the judgements sown upon others irregardless of

whether or not they fully believe themselves truthful.  That, is the nature of deception.

The body does not consist of a head alone nor does one stone hew itself and set itself as the capstone.  We have already that Head and Capstone and I would suggest that

your doctrine be utterly rejected as untruthful and very damaging.  I am not happy to come to that conclusion.

We are to walk in the light as He is in the light.  I am alarmed as I see these very odd and non-biblical teachings...twisted versions of the truth that cause one to ask "Did God

really say?"

at one time not long ago I was against women teachers of Gods words; this post is a prime example of why I have come to accept women as excellent teachers of Gods word.

Amen sister or as they say today you go girl

standard you have set.  

really say?"

at one time not long ago I was against women teachers of Gods words; this post is a prime example of why I have come to accept women as excellent teachers of Gods word.

Amen sister or as they say today you go girl

All I get from you is your opinion, which leads me to believe that you have a total misunderstanding of God's Word. Not only that, but you seem to believe that Jesus failed to do what he came here to do.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

You also seem to believe every one sins, so are all of the people you know of the devil, like John says?