IGNORED

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Cross Reference

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

(Hebrews 13:8)

But Is He really?

. . .  What is a "cessationist"?

I wonder, are there any on this forum?

Edited by Cross Reference

Say What~!

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. John 14:12

:)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Is without a doubt, otherwise the scriptures would not say so as every scripture is absolute truth

Is without a doubt, otherwise the scriptures would not say so as every scripture is absolute truth

I believe that! If Jesus can change, scripture is meaningless, His promises are meaningless, aren't they?

:thumbsup:

The Power Of God

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

Knocks Down Even The Strongest Fortress

So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city. Joshua 6:20

Oops~!

:)

"John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he [Jesus] shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire" Luke 3:16 (KJV)

Jesus never baptized anyone while on earth.

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." John 16:7 (KJV)

Then He commanded His Disciples:

"And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be [clothed with the priestly garment; Righteousness] endued with power from on high." Luke 24:49 (KJV)

And then the fulfillment:

""And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance". Acts 2:1-4 (KJV)

Of the three manifestations of the Holy Spirit, this was the 3rd one, followed by another promise:

"For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." Acts 2:39 (KJV)

So as we read the scriptures that reveal God always has a remnant we can see to understand that Jesus, the "Comforter", remains the same yesterday, today, and forever ____ unbelief notwithstanding.

Edited by Cross Reference

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

Jesus gave us his Holy Spirit.  That is baptism of the Spirit. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

this is perhaps one of the most misused verses in the bible. It says God does not change. Many however use it to say God's rules do not change. Clearly if that is what was meant then the bible contradicts itself and can not be trusted as the word of God. The simplest example is food laws. I have found it strange that those who argue it means God's laws never change don't follow the OT food laws or offer sacrifices. After all if they never change we must still be required to follow them.

For me I think it is talking more about God's character as in faithful, merciful, loving, compassionate, just etc. 

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/02/1982

this is perhaps one of the most misused verses in the bible. It says God does not change. Many however use it to say God's rules do not change. Clearly if that is what was meant then the bible contradicts itself and can not be trusted as the word of God. The simplest example is food laws. I have found it strange that those who argue it means God's laws never change don't follow the OT food laws or offer sacrifices. After all if they never change we must still be required to follow them.

For me I think it is talking more about God's character as in faithful, merciful, loving, compassionate, just etc.

Very true!

God in the Old Testemant changes his mind many times, he even repents( changes his mind) of what he was originally going to do.

God The Son changed states eternally( the incarnation).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

What is a cessationist in a nutshell?