WN: Israel Could Get Dragged into War with ISIL to Defend Jordan

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,314
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

JERUSALEM, ISRAEL (Worthy News)– If the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL or ISIS) attacked Jordan, officials believe the Jordanians would enlist the support of the United States and Israel, dragging the entire region into a full-blown war.

“The concern was that Jordan could not repel a full assault from ISIS on its own at this point,” said one senator, who spoke on condition of anonymity. Another Senate staff member said the U.S. officials who briefed the members responded to the question of what Jordan’s leaders would do if they faced a military onslaught from ISIS by saying: “They will ask Israel and the United States for as much help as they can get.”

If ISIS were to draw Israel into the regional conflict it would make the region’s strange politics even stranger. In Iraq and Syria, Israel’s arch nemesis, Iran, is fighting ISIS. Israel, on the other hand, has used its air force from time to time to bomb Hezbollah positions in Syria and Lebanon, the Lebanese militia aligned with Iran. If Israel were to fight against ISIS in Jordan, it would become a de facto ally of Iran, a regime dedicated to its destruction. —
Source

View the full article

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Israel fighting the same enemy as Iran......Nuts! isn't it

Trouble is....these are the facts of life right now  :duh:  :swordfightsmiles::guns: :guns: :th_frusty::swordfightsmiles::guns::fryingpan:

If you are looking for logic in Middle East politics, I suggest you try the moon. Better luck there

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Israel fighting the same enemy as Iran......Nuts! isn't it

Trouble is....these are the facts of life right now  :duh:  :swordfightsmiles::guns: :guns: :th_frusty::swordfightsmiles::guns::fryingpan:

If you are looking for logic in Middle East politics, I suggest you try the moon. Better luck there

It's a Sunni-Shia thing.

Muslims are taught to hate. Sunni despise Shia - Shia despise Sunni. ISIS is Sunni. Iran is Shia.

I think that the Sunni-Shia split is Islam's Achilles heel.

Guest shiloh357

The US is not going to help Jordan.  And Israel will only step in to defend their interests.  Israel is not and should sacrifice their people to protect the Jordanians.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

The US is not going to help Jordan.  And Israel will only step in to defend their interests.  Israel is not and should sacrifice their people to protect the Jordanians.

It could very well be in our interest to safeguard Jordan rather than have the radical Islamic maniacs sitting a few KM away from our main towns

As for the US.... I wouldn't hold my breath waiting, especially with the existing president

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think we'd better take care of them now before they grow into a real monster.....    it shouldn't be a problem if we turn our military loose on them and keep our news reporters at home.

I think we'd better take care of them now before they grow into a real monster.....    it shouldn't be a problem if we turn our military loose on them and keep our news reporters at home.

What military? Obama has all but castrated it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

For fighting a multi front war yes.......    something like this, I'm not so sure.

For fighting a multi front war yes.......    something like this, I'm not so sure.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude. The U.S. armed forces are still the greatest in the World (at the moment) but lions led by lambs are no use to anybody.

You now have all these no-engagement policies and various other politically-correct ways in which you are told to fight, that I fear that the U.S. army can't do its job properly any more.

Obama's regime is more concerned about whether U.S. troops disrespect the Q'uran than whether they fight the enemy or not.

Obama is more concerned about court-marshaling troops who don't toe the line (which demoralises the armed forces) than he is about whether the enemy are defeated. He's also purged the best generals out of your Army.

Plus, the insistence of bringing 'gays' and 'transsexuals' into the military plays a higher priority than getting the best men to do the job.

I think you're better sticking to airstrikes than you are sending another army out their to perish for no reason. I still have faith in you, but the disgusting regime in your White House is doing everything that it can to emasculate you.

As for Britain.... don't even go there. We're well stuck in the brown stuff!

Guest shiloh357

It could very well be in our interest to safeguard Jordan rather than have the radical Islamic maniacs sitting a few KM away from our main towns

As for the US.... I wouldn't hold my breath waiting, especially with the existing president

Yes, our president won't do anything to help Israel. Just like he didn't say or do anything to help find the US citizen the cockroaches of Hamas kidnapped. It's what we get when a president is elected by liberal, leftist morons.