• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Philippians 1:6 (NLT)

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

2 Corinthians 1:22

who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Ephesians 1:13

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Guest shiloh357

There is an additional list in Galatians that makes the exact same point that certain behavior will keep you from inheritance in the Kingdom of Heaven.  Even with your additional verse, it is only showing Christians are supposed to have come out of that sinful lifestyle.  That does nothing to change the fact that those who do engage in those sins won't make it into heaven.  It doesn't give exceptions, and neither does the list in Galatians. 

Actually that passage doesn't say, "if you do these things you will lose your salvation."   It isn't warning Christians that they were going to lose their salvation.

The Galatians weren't doing those things.  They weren't living in immorality.  Their problem was that they were putting their faith in their good deeds and keeping the law.

Paul's point in Galatians five is that people who engage in those sins won't inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.  He is not talking about Christians necessarily.  He is saying that those who live that way, anyone, isn't saved.   It isn't necessarily that they lost salvation.  They were never saved to start with.

Your overall lifestyle reveals what you really believe and if you truly belong to the Lord.  People who belong to Jesus don't resemble that list in Galatians.

Guest shiloh357

There is an additional list in Galatians that makes the exact same point that

certain behavior will keep you from inheritance in the Kingdom of Heaven. 

My dear brother, I did not include the other SIN LISTS in the OP because I was showing some mercy

... they only talk about not inheriting the kingdom, not getting into the New Jerusalem, etc.

Deceived Christians think these only apply to unbelievers!

Wouldn't common sense tell them that this wouldn't be fair in the least.

Someone somewhere said: Judgement begins at the house of God.

Gal 5:19-21 • “Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication,

uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath,

selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like;

of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice

such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Eph 5:3-6 • “But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named

among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting,

which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For this you know, that no fornicator,

unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in

the kingdom of Christ and God.  Let no one deceive you with empty words,

for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

Col 3:5-6 • “Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth:

fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience”

Rev 21:7-8 • “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God

and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers,

sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the

lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

1 John 3:15 • “… you know that NO murderer has eternal life abiding in him”

Rev 22:14-15 • “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to

the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers

and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.”

Not one of those passages has anything to do with losing salvation.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

You are not alone.  There are a lot of people that agree with you, but this has been one of those topics that will never go away because so many have been taught to believe in unconditional eternal security.  I read one emotional plea from the eternal security crowd, and it was enough to bring tears to my eyes, thinking about how insecure and wrong we are.  I wish they had a violin icon for posts like that. 

We have some idea how God's prophets were treated in the OT.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

There is an additional list in Galatians that makes the exact same point that

certain behavior will keep you from inheritance in the Kingdom of Heaven. 

My dear brother, I did not include the other SIN LISTS in the OP because I was showing some mercy

... they only talk about not inheriting the kingdom, not getting into the New Jerusalem, etc.

Deceived Christians think these only apply to unbelievers!

Wouldn't common sense tell them that this wouldn't be fair in the least.

Someone somewhere said: Judgement begins at the house of God.

Gal 5:19-21 • “Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication,

uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath,

selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like;

of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice

such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Eph 5:3-6 • “But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named

among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting,

which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For this you know, that no fornicator,

unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in

the kingdom of Christ and God.  Let no one deceive you with empty words,

for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

Col 3:5-6 • “Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth:

fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience”

Rev 21:7-8 • “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God

and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers,

sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the

lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

1 John 3:15 • “… you know that NO murderer has eternal life abiding in him”

Rev 22:14-15 • “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to

the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers

and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.”

Not one of those passages has anything to do with losing salvation.

Do you believe entering the kingdom means the same as entering heaven?

Edited by Osterloh

Guest shiloh357

All I know is that salvation is by grace through faith alone in Christ alone.  If you say otherwise you are teaching a false Gospel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

You are not alone.  There are a lot of people that agree with you, but this has been one of those topics that will never go away because so many have been taught to believe in unconditional eternal security.  I read one emotional plea from the eternal security crowd, and it was enough to bring tears to my eyes, thinking about how insecure and wrong we are.  I wish they had a violin icon for posts like that. 

We have some idea how God's prophets were treated in the OT.

No you don't.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

In another thread you said you started this as a crusade.

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/182301-do-any-of-these-verses-threaten-the-loss-of-anyones-salvation/page-2#entry2125995

That sounds like an agenda rather than an open discussion.

I am entering into an open discussion.

Please present YOUR views as to WHY there are dozens of warnings

written to churches about: SIN RESULTS IN ETERNAL DEATH.

Now, to be fair, these verses are strictly talking about habitual unrepented-of sin!

I.E. a lifestyle of good olde fashioned old-man type sinning!

And this has been done historically by some who erroneously have been indoctrinated into OSAS!

I.E. that is why OSAS is from the pits of hell.

Sin results in "death" which Jesus took our place.

When we are saved, we accept what he has done for us and our sin is forgiven.

Okay, great, this is what is taught in Kindergarden.

But, the little kiddos who are guzzling milk are not reading Scripture.

I have progressed past that stage ... I indulge in the occasional beer.

Scripture says to be on solid food (meat) instead of milk, not to be indulging in beer. The bible tells us not to be drunk too. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

Don't ridicule the simple truth of God's salvation message. A child can understand it. 
Jesus took ALL our sin, it is not imputed to us.

Upon becoming a BAC, Jesus' righteousness was imputed to us!

Then lo and behold, we are required to maintain that righteousness!

Let’s start here … with the definition of WHO is righteous ...

“… let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous” (1 John 3:7)

And note … only BACs are capable of being righteous:

“… you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.” (1 John 2:29)

And note ... the reverse of the above verse is not true.

“… whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.” (Acts 10:35)

We are to choose to be “(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

“… so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.” (Romans 6:19)

“... let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness” (Revelation 22:11)

“... the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, 

but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 

For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God” (Romans 14:17-18)

These requirements are only re: the word "righteousness".

There are many other things involved to be considered righteous in God's eyes!

And they're all explained in the NT, which the churches choose to ignore ... TOO UNPOPULAR!

Exactly. Only Jesus can be righteous. Therefore, if being unrighteous causes us to lose our salvation, we are all going to lose our salvation the moment we get saved and go on about our lives. Therefore, none of us are going to heaven except those who die immediately after being saved.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

ALL of our sins---past present and future are all cleansed by the blood at Calvary. That is what God's GRACE has done. We are fully bought.

As born again Christians we then embark on a RELATIONSHIP with God. He corrects and encourages, chastises and blesses. He will not lose one of His own.

Exactly. I'm not sure how anyone can miss that.