• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

The Trinity is difficult to explain but I will try to explain my understanding which is quite different than yours . The Trinity is composed of one being with three different personialities ( if you will imagine it this way) the Father God, the Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. We as human beings were made by God in his image. Therefore He is our Heavenly Father. Jesus was God (the Fathers) only begotton son who came to earth in humam form was crucified and shed His blood for our sins on a cross at Calvary. (Jesu Savior, redeemer, son) The Holy Ghost or Spirit is the gift given to us when we are saved through the blood of Jesus Christ when we ask Jesus to come into our hearts and lives and guides us daily.

These three "personalities" of the God head live within one body. I think (the Trinity according to Elizabeth) is needed because we need these different parts at diffetent times. There are times we need guidance and discipline and love that we can only Get from our Father.(God) There are times when we need the love and acceptace of our Savior and redeemer and friend. Then there are times when the Holy Ghost leads and guides and even interceeds in prayer on our behalf simply because we do not know what we need or how to pray for it.

These three "persons" of the Godhead do all these things and many, many more.Yet they are all rolled into one person! So that when we cry out Abba Father, or Jesus Help me, or God please help me to undetstand,give me the words etc. we can get the guidance we need through God (the Father,Son and Holy Ghost who indwells in one being.

This is my understanding of the Trinity. What I feel to be correct within my heart and Life. Ask Jesus to come into your Heart if you haven't. If you have already done so ask the Holy Spirit to help you to understand the things you are unsure of.

Hope this was of some help to you.

God bless you!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Cog the computer posted before i was ready will have to start again

I think i understand where you are coming from regards sharing knowlege.. the angels in the book of Enoch should not have shared knowlege working with metals music etc Fortunately they were only privy to lesser things.. So i have never thought about it before but maybe it is a lesson to us all?? will need to ponder that..

What i saw in 1Peter 1:10-12 i thought showed that the prophets of old had the Spirit of Jesus which is to do with the Trinity they were given knowlege that did not pertain to them but was given in a way so as to be secretive to even the Angels "the angels desire to look into" (I only keep going back to Peter because that is where i was stuck yesterday and usually God has info for me when that happens)..I mean the way the old Testament was written was to testify about the coming of Jesus and the future Kingdom maybe it was to be kept secret as much to the Angels as any-one.

I am probably rambling now and this is not my field

Thanks Cog dont  be afraid to tell me i make no sense

Edited by countingsheep

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

countingsheep, the way I read it is that prophets were told of the prophecies about Jesus' coming byway of the Spirit of Christ and that made them want to seek out more understanding. However, unbeknownst to them, their desire to seek out more understanding was not for the prophets themselves but for the behalf of, "To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia", which is who Peter is writing to.

If God wanted you to tell me that then maybe he is saying that my "quest" / search is not for me but for others and that is why I am here? To tell things?

If you look in my welcome post someone kept asking me why I said "Father" so much instead of "the Father" and I didn't have an answer for him, but then later FresnoJoe mentioned the Spirit of Christ makes you cry out Abba, Father. Maybe that is why I do not say the Father? And then the prophets were given the Spirit of Christ and that is what made them search...

Then you post that as a reply to whether or not I should say things.

Who knows? but as for this particular topic... maybe but if the connection is what you are thinking, I don't think so. Idk.. all I know is my "quest" to know Father.

Oh and the bit about the angels, I just read about how they learn of God byway our interaction with him, and maybe that is why they long to look into these things... it is a weird connection we have with him - that I know. Us seeing without seeing, and us having faith as we do, is an oddity to the angels, I think.

But yeah, it's getting spooky in here.

Why, of all the passages, did you have to pick that one? lol

Oh to add more spooky to the mix, the other day I prayed about this thread, about who it was okay to tell, and the answer I recieved was that I would just know / just get it, and then john14:6 posted a reply to me with him saying over and over that I would just "get it"... So now John14:6 is involed with this too. (I felt like telling him to stop saying "get it" if he didn't want to know.)

And after I learned about how doubt enters, my quest then went to fellowship, and maybe that is what all this is? Is this God's idea of fellowship?

You can look in the welcome post of mine to see what I'm talking about.

Oh weird, it was you who popped into the welcome thread at the end... of all the thousands of members on this site... It's your fault this is spooky!

Edited by Cog

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi Cog

Any-way laying aside 1Peter

I was thinking your original questions here

"What right have we to share revealed knowledge of God?"

Well sometimes God communicates knowlege through  us and only for us. Eg: The names people were given in old days meant things like Adam = Man, Seth = Appointed  Enos = Mortal Sorrow, Cainan = Blessed.. Any way the final result to Noah actually Tells of Gods plan but not in a way that any-one but the lineage of Adam to Noah would have knowlege of This sort of knowlege would be along the lines of "tell no man".  So i think you asked a good question and maybe some knowlege should be kept However i am just rambling and could be way off. Could also be a way of keeping Angels from knowing. Satan seems to have no idea what is going on sometimes eg: Luke 22:3 "Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve" Why would he do that if he had knowlege of what was about to happen?

i'm too crook to go on sorry

:hmmm:

Just to quickly add, i really just wanted to find out why i was stuck on 1Peter1 yesterday this question of yours is very good, but just not really for me i think others will have better answers for you Good seeking Brother :mgbowtie:

Edited by countingsheep

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The Trinity is difficult to explain but I will try to explain my understanding which is quite different than yours . The Trinity is composed of one being with three different personialities ( if you will imagine it this way) the Father God, the Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. We as human beings were made by God in his image. Therefore He is our Heavenly Father. Jesus was God (the Fathers) only begotton son who came to earth in humam form was crucified and shed His blood for our sins on a cross at Calvary. (Jesu Savior, redeemer, son) The Holy Ghost or Spirit is the gift given to us when we are saved through the blood of Jesus Christ when we ask Jesus to come into our hearts and lives and guides us daily.

These three "personalities" of the God head live within one body. I think (the Trinity according to Elizabeth) is needed because we need these different parts at diffetent times. There are times we need guidance and discipline and love that we can only Get from our Father.(God) There are times when we need the love and acceptace of our Savior and redeemer and friend. Then there are times when the Holy Ghost leads and guides and even interceeds in prayer on our behalf simply because we do not know what we need or how to pray for it.

These three "persons" of the Godhead do all these things and many, many more.Yet they are all rolled into one person! So that when we cry out Abba Father, or Jesus Help me, or God please help me to undetstand,give me the words etc. we can get the guidance we need through God (the Father,Son and Holy Ghost who indwells in one being.

This is my understanding of the Trinity. What I feel to be correct within my heart and Life. Ask Jesus to come into your Heart if you haven't. If you have already done so ask the Holy Spirit to help you to understand the things you are unsure of.

Hope this was of some help to you.

God bless you!

When Jesus came up out of the Water at his baptism, the Father spoke from Heaven and the Spirit was in the air landing on Jesus.   Three entities, three different beings at the same place and time.

I have already given you the answer, or how to reconcile the "discrepancies".

Explain John 14:9 and Mark 12:24-27

Explain how the soul, spirit, and body work together.

I do not see any faults with what I said, it is you saying Jesus and Moses were wrong.

I am sorry I cannot help you see.

saying that Jesus is the Father because he says they are one carries on to me being God because we are one......   I believe that's what Satan was trying to say in the Garden, so it seems that you are taking that way too far....       My wife and I are one and have been for 44 years, but we are not the same beings.       We have the same life though for we are truly together.

Jesus, The Father and The Spirit are combined as three so closely together that we perceive them as one.   We actually don't have access to any of them without the other two.  From our perspective we have to have all or none and that makes them our God

As for Mark, are you saying that the God that Moses saw, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is not the God of Israel that Moses says he and 74 others saw....

You keep bringing up other scripture, but you still are not reconciling the two that I asked about.

The trinity is not a difficult thing to grasp if you just let the Bible speak for itself.   But your idea of the trinity must always take in the whole Word.

When it disagrees with other scripture we must have something wrong in our thinking.

by the way you can't help me see because you are not reconciling the two scriptures I asked you to.

How do you reconcile Moses seeing the God of Israel and Jesus saying no one has seen the Father....   how can you possibly say that the Father himself is the God of Israel at the time Moses was alive.

I agree that you can't help me see what is not there.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

John 14:20

How do you reconcile Moses seeing the God of Israel and Jesus saying no one has seen the Father....  

how can you possibly say that the Father himself is the God of Israel at the time Moses was alive.

:thumbsup:

Beloved,

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: Deuteronomy 6:4-6

Because Jesus

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. John 14:20

Is LORD

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

Is How

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3