IGNORED

Jerusalem`s temple is built.

Marilyn C

Hi Parker 1,

Note that the Anti-Christ only has `authority to act for 42 months.`  (Rev. 13: 5) Thus he wont be giving Israel the `permission for a Temple to be built,` as you said at the beginning of the tribulation.

The Anti-Christ is the one who makes and enforces the "peace deal" after the miraculous victory of the Israelis over the muslims. Ezekiel 39:22 says that God will use the coming battle of Ezekiel 38 to reveal Himself to Israel again.  In response, they will build a Temple so they resume the ancient Levitical worship system as their Old Covenant relationship requires. At the Temple Institute you can see a model of Ezekiel’s Temple.  It’s a Temple that’s never been built yet, but that Ezekiel said would be built for use in the Millennium. Jews call Ezekiel’s Temple the 3rd Temple, meaning it’s the one they are preparing to build next.  Solomon’s Temple was the first and Herod’s was second. You’re taking the same approach as many others, and that’s the problem. The Jews call the next Temple either the 3rd Temple or Ezekiel’s Temple, but no one looks in the Book of Ezekiel to see where it will be. Instead they focus on where the previous two temples were. Some Christians even add another Temple into the mix, calling Ezekiel’s temple the 4th one, and locate their new 3rd Temple on the current Temple mount. You make some reasonable human assumptions, but in my opinion there’s nothing in Scripture to support them. Some years ago Clarence Larkin wrote a book entitled Dispensational Truth. On page 93-94 of that book is the best map I’ve seen for locating Ezekiel’s Temple. It’s based on instructions given in Ezekiel 48 that you can even plot yourself if you’re of a mind to. Either way, when you compare it with a map of Israel you’ll see that it’s in Shiloh, not Jerusalem.

Whatever the case may be the Rapture will have already occurred by this time. Even if you don't believe it will happen (or don't want it to}. I believe the order will be Rapture, then Ezekiel’s Battle, and then the treaty that kicks off Daniel’s 70th week. I say this because Ezekiel’s Battle signifies that the Lord is going to be dealing with Israel in an obvious manner again, (Ezekiel 39:22) and I believe that Romans 11:25 and Acts 15:13-18 indicate that the church has to leave then. Also one of the components of the treaty with the anti-Christ is a new Temple, and Israel won’t want a Temple until they recognize that God is with them. Then they’ll demand one. As for signing the treaty after the Lord has just won them a great victory, I think it’ll be seen as a world leader acknowledging that fact and acting to help them. Isaiah 49:22-23 tells them that when they return to God, it will be Gentile Kings who’ll be helping them. Remember, the anti-Christ appears first as a man of peace. It’s not till the mid-point in the seven year treaty period that he’ll offend them by proclaiming himself to be God. The fact that he’ll do so in the Temple he helped them build is an indication that they will have accepted him as a great leader.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Parker1,

Your analysis has a lot of merit and makes a lot of sense, but is it correct?

Honestly, I'm not sure.

You assume Ezekiel 38 war is not Armageddon. As I'm sure you know, there are a ton of similarities in both wars. Yes, you can find differences, but maybe scripture just doesn't explain all the details about each one and that is why there appears to be differences.

I don't know.

Honestly, I'm still pondering this, but I agree, it would be nice to know the timing of Ezekiel 38. Is it before the 7 year covenant or is it after the covenant?

I would love to be 100% sure (and correct) for my own peace of mind. Lol

I'm always open to read your thoughts.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Is it possible for the AC to be involved in the covenant that ushers in peace to the Middle East (begins Daniels 70th week), but is not REVEALED until the abomination of desolation, 3.5 years later?

It would contradict itself if that was to happen, If the AC signs a peace treaty and all other treaties as its assumed that he will be a “Peace Maker”  you will immediately know that’s the Antichrist, he will be all over the papers all over the news before his big unveiling.

To try and escape that type of media coverage in this day and age is impossible. It makes no sense.

Daniel 9:27

27 The ruler will make a treaty with the people for a period of one set of seven,[a] but after half this time, he will put an end to the sacrifices and offerings.

This is why I believe that there is no peace treaty but a war pack instead that the Antichrist makes with his allies, he will be revealed to his allies ( without them even known it) only but he will be revealed proper when he declares himself God to the world, hence the two revealings.

The reason why I believe this, is because the Antichrist will be warring during the entire tribulation period, the first half is the AC establishing authority and region, the second period of the tribulation is an heighten escalation of all of this.

Daniel  11:21 – 45

Most people believe Dan:11:21 -45 was fulfilled by Antiochus IV, who actually, is of virtually zero importance, to the totality of prophecy, while the end-time anti-Christ repeatedly holds centrality -- especially in Daniel, that’s why I have good reason to view the "abomination that desolates" in verse 31 as the end-time anti-Christ, especially in light of Jesus alluding to this very Daniel text and phrase in speaking of the anti-Christ, that hadn't yet appeared in His day.

Why just because somebody becomes known as a peacemaker will the World automatically assume that he's the AC? Most of the World won't be familiar with the Bible and even if they are, they won't believe in it.

You're making the assumption that everybody in the World will be sitting around waiting for an AC to appear. They won't be. They aren't now and there's no reason to believe that they will be then.

Of course some people will recognise him as the AC, but the rest of the World won't listen to them. They will be laughed at.

For example: It's obvious to anybody with ears and eyes that Israel at the moment is protected by God, but how many people (non-Christians) accept that now if you tell them? Against all odds Israel is still here. Israel should have been destroyed in 1967 or in 1973. Only miracles can explain her survival, but many people are still anti-Israel. They don't believe in God and even if they believe in some sort of god,they still can't make the connection.

Another example: There are religious cults around at the moment (claiming to be Christian) who are telling their followers that 666 is a lucky number, that the Bible was mistranslated and that 666 is actually the number of God. Their followers are even having 666 tattooed onto their arms and legs. If it's that easy to make some people accept the number 666 then the AC won't even have to hide this number. He could have it in plain sight and fools would still buy it.

If the AC ushers in an era of peace, the World will see him as the greatest politician who ever lived, the only man in history to crack the Middle East problem. He will be revered by many.

Not everybody will recognise him as the AC. A lot of people think that Christians are superstitious idiots. They even blame Christianity and Judaism  for all the problems in the World, especially the Middle East, even though a complete moron should be able to see that Islam is the problem.

If some people can't even see the blatantly obvious, then why do you assume that these people will be able to spot an AntiChrist when they see one? Especially if he tells them what they want to hear.

OakWood

Its a fair argument you put forward.

What grounds do you assume he will come in peace in the first place?

I don't know if he will (I suspect that he will though), but I just wanted to point out that even if he does, it won't give his identity away.

I agree with you that the media is huge and thanks to satellite communications and Global television, the AC won't go unnoticed.

He'll be big news, but people are fools - full of pride and full of secular ideas to save the World. If he comes across as 'politically correct', makes the right noises and smiles frequently, a lot of people will buy into him. If he makes the right promises he'll get a lot of support, especially if he caters to the sins and desires of his supporters.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2nd Timothy 4:3-4

even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2nd Thessalonians 2:9-12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

I recall how people went wild over Elivs and the Beatles. If such as thing as that could happen, then what the coming Antichrist will do (great signs and wonders that would almost deceive Christ's own very elect), then there's no comparison of the full wooing the deceived are going to do over him when he gets here. Afterall, he is coming in place of God and to be worshipped over all that is even called God, or that is worshipped (2 Thess.2:4).

Hi Parker 1,

Note that the Anti-Christ only has `authority to act for 42 months.`  (Rev. 13: 5) Thus he wont be giving Israel the `permission for a Temple to be built,` as you said at the beginning of the tribulation.

KJV says he will be given power to 'continue' for 42 months. We know the 42 months (1260 days) is the latter half of Daniel's "one week" when the abomination is setup in the holy place, involving false worship. But can we rightly infer he has no authority or influence until then? Dan.9 & 11 shows differently.

He probably does have authority before then, but he won't have free reign to do what he likes until he occupies the Temple.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Ok Im not up to date on this as most here. I have read the post and have a couple questions.

Marilyn said the temple was built and had marble. Solomons temple was inlaid with juniper and cedar then that was overlaid with gold. Why would they make the parts of marble instead of the above description?

Also while looking around I found another article that is increasing my confusion

http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/onsite/qna/restoredtemple.html

can anyone help me see the light

Parker1,

Your analysis has a lot of merit and makes a lot of sense, but is it correct?

Honestly, I'm not sure.

You assume Ezekiel 38 war is not Armageddon. As I'm sure you know, there are a ton of similarities in both wars. Yes, you can find differences, but maybe scripture just doesn't explain all the details about each one and that is why there appears to be differences.

I don't know.

Honestly, I'm still pondering this, but I agree, it would be nice to know the timing of Ezekiel 38. Is it before the 7 year covenant or is it after the covenant?

I would love to be 100% sure (and correct) for my own peace of mind. Lol

I'm always open to read your thoughts.

Here is an article you may find interesting.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Parker1,

I read your article but I must admit, I was disappointed.

I was expecting this brilliant argument showing me WHEN the Ezekiel 38 war will take place, but I didn't get that. All I got pretty much is what you said, in which I already agreed, this makes sense. But I want more than common sense, I want God's word to convince.

Now come on bro, get me that one brilliant article to put that big smile you know you want to see on me.

See if this article meets your needs. It has 4 parts, which are linked at the top of the article. The author is a very learned teacher, but be sure to check the scriptures to see if what they say agree with what the author teaches.