IGNORED

Where is the Body of Christ in the Millennium?

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Retrobyter,

I sure learn lots when you expound, thank you. Just goes to show how awesome is our God who not only made all this but continues to uphold & make it function, so it doesn`t spin out of control. As my dear father often said with great amazement, `He hangs the world on nothing.` (Job 26: 7)

I agree about the English words not being detailed enough, that is why we read all the scriptures concerning the topic. Now you have not addressed my concern about the `rubbish` in space. They are solid & need to be cleaned up. (I sound like an advert for `Here`s a job for Mr Clean!!!)

Also `the Elements,` are not `nothing.  `...the heavens (plural, atmospheric & celestial) will pass away with a roar & the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, & the earth & its works will be burned up.`  (2 Peter 3: 10)

PS. Never saw the movie `Aliens.` Ug.

Good chatting with you Retro, Marilyn.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn C.

Chag Saameeach (Happy Holiday - "Holy"day)

Hi Retrobyter,

I sure learn lots when you expound, thank you. Just goes to show how awesome is our God who not only made all this but continues to uphold & make it function, so it doesn`t spin out of control. As my dear father often said with great amazement, `He hangs the world on nothing.` (Job 26: 7)

I agree about the English words not being detailed enough, that is why we read all the scriptures concerning the topic. Now you have not addressed my concern about the `rubbish` in space. They are solid & need to be cleaned up. (I sound like an advert for `Here`s a job for Mr Clean!!!)

Also `the Elements,` are not `nothing.  `...the heavens (plural, atmospheric & celestial) will pass away with a roar & the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, & the earth & its works will be burned up.`  (2 Peter 3: 10)

PS. Never saw the movie `Aliens.` Ug.

Good chatting with you Retro, Marilyn.

Regarding the "space rubbish," if you're talking about the rubbish within our earth's gravitational pull, that is, old satellite debris and such in orbit, that will be destroyed naturally in decaying orbits and burn-up in re-entry, or the Fire will take care of them when God cleans up our atmosphere.

See our atmosphere doesn't have a "end-point," per se. It thins out more and more as it becomes more and more distant from our earth's sea level. Now, the concentration of molecules in our atmosphere dwindles quickly with altitude, so, by 300 miles or so, the atmosphere has rarified to almost the same level as "outer space." So, for all practical purposes, we CAN put a limit on how high our atmosphere is, but if you're talking about OUR "space rubbish," rest assured that the Fire will DEFINITELY consume it as well. Because the molecules in earth's atmosphere will be GREATLY excited, its farthest reaches may exceed the 300 miles by several hundreds of miles more as it expands!

If you're talking about our space "debris," such as the Voyager series, that we've sent out to other worlds, some other star will capture it within its gravitational field and it will join the rest of the elements within that star as fuel for that star.

There are literally MILLIONS of asteroids and nebulae and other clouds of matter that we might consider "space junk," but contribute to the beauty of what God has created in space! Should those be "cleaned up?" I don't think so. What are we on this planet? Isn't there the viewpoint that WE OURSELVES might be considered "space junk?" We may be mere specks on our planet, which in turn is a mere speck in the solar system. Even our whole solar system, with all the comets, the Oort cloud, and other "debris" that our sun has captured, might be considered a mere speck in our galaxy! Maybe our very galaxy is a mere speck in all the galaxies of the Universe! Should that also be "cleaned up?"

Acts 10:15
15 And the voice spake unto him (Peter) again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
KJV

What God has made special ("holy")  formations, like the "Horsehead Nebula," that call not thou "space rubbish." For many beautiful pictures of "space rubbish," check out http://heritage.stsci.edu/gallery/gallery.html.

What God must clean up in the Fire are the WORKS OF HUMAN HANDS! We've not affected the other galaxies or even other stars! As I've said, the closest star to us is 4.5 light-years away! The only things that we have sent that distance are our transmissions in the form of radio waves. We've only sent probes to the sun and to the planets in our solar system. We've only sent humans to our own moon, so far. We are still quite limited as far as what we can do in space. Trekkies and other SciFi lovers would even say we were "primitive" in that respect.

Thus, we've only "contaminated" from about 10 miles down below the earth's surface to the moon 238,855 miles away! Oh, and we've put a little junk on our neighboring planets, like Venus and Mars.

Now, I never actually watched Aliens all the way through, either, but I DO remember the trailers. The imagination of human beings can REALLY be stretched!

Hi retrobyter,

Have you read this verse -

`All the host of the heavens shall be dissolved & crumble away, & the skies shall be rolled together like a scroll; and all their host, the stars & planets, shall drop like a faded leaf from the vine. & like a withered fig from the fig tree.` (Isa. 34: 4 AMP)

Don`t know how we got onto this topic but must look back at the notes. Anyway, one day we will see it all, Retro, & how amazing that will be.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn C. and all.

All that being said, the New Jerusalem - Yerushalayim haChadashah - is not due here until AFTER the Fire, which in turn is AFTER the Millennium. So ... where are God's people going to be DURING the Millennium? (Which is what this thread is about, after all.)

It can be answered, IMO, IF one will admit that Yeshua` is coming back TO REIGN! Christians today have assumed that Yeshua` is already reigning ... where? "In the hearts of men and women?" "In the Church?" "In Heaven?" NONE of that is true! Yeshua` is NOT REIGNING, YET! That doesn't mean that He doesn't deserve to reign, and that doesn't mean that He is not soon to begin His reign; however, it is an error - a very OLD error - to think that Yeshua` has already begun His reign! While we can - as His servants - already consider ourselves His subjects and assume our roles as such, and although He is already DESTINED to become our King in reality, He is still the MESSIAH, the MASHIYACH of God, the Anointed of God, God's Selection, God's CHOICE, to BECOME King WHEN HE RETURNS! Consider His own parable:

Luke 19:1-28
1 And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.
2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.
3 And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.
4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.
5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.
6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.
7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.
8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.
9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.
10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.
KJV

Here's the same passage in the Greek focusing on the parts that are highlighted:

Kata Loukan 19:1-28

12 Eipen oun, "Anthroopos tis eugenees eporeuthee eis chooran makran labein heautoo basileian kai hupostrepsai.

13 Kalesas de deka doulous heautou edooken autois deka mnas kai eipen pros autous, 'Pragmateusasthe en hoo erchomai.'

14 Hoi de politai autou emisoun auton kai apesteilan presbeian opisoo autou legontes, 'Ou thelomen touton basileusai ef' heemas.'

15 Kai egeneto en too epanelthein auton labonta teen basileian kai eipen fooneetheenai autoo tous doulous toutous hois dedookei to argurion, hina gnoi ti diepragmateusanto.

27 Pleen tous echthrous mou toutous tous mee theleesantas me basileusai ep' autous agagete hoode kai katasfaxate autous emprosthen mou.'"

Greek New Testament (UBS)

12 Eipen = 12 He-said

oun, = therefore,

"Anthroopos = "A-man

tis = certain/particular

eugenees = well-born

eporeuthee = traveled

eis = into

chooran = a-country

makran = far-away

labein = to-receive

heautoo = for-himself

basileian = a-kingdom

kai = and

hupostrepsai. = to-return.

13 Kalesas = 13 He-called

de = but

deka = ten

doulous = slaves

heautou = his

edooken = he-gave

autois = to-them

deka = ten

mnas = minas/3-month's-wages-each

kai = and/also

eipen = said

pros = to/toward

autous, = them,

'Pragmateusasthe = 'Trade/Keep-busy

en = in

hoo = that/what

erchomai.' = I-come.'

14 Hoi = 14 The

de = but

politai = citizens/subjects

autou = of-him/his

emisoun = hated

auton = him

kai = and/also

apesteilan = sent

presbeian = an-embassy

opisoo = to-the-back/after/

autou = him

legontes, = saying,

'Ou = 'Not

thelomen = we-will-have

touton = this

basileusai = to-reign

ef' = over/upon

heemas.' = us.'

15 Kai = 15 And/Also

egeneto = it-happened

en = in

too = the-(moment)

epanelthein = was-returned

auton = he

labonta = having-received

teen = the

basileian = kingdom

kai = and/also

eipen = said

fooneetheenai = to-summon

autoo = to-him

tous = the

doulous = slaves

toutous = these

hois = to-whom

dedookei = he-had-given

to = the

argurion, = silver,

hina = so-that

gnoi = he-might-know

ti = how-much

diepragmateusanto = had-been-gained-by-trading.

27 Pleen = 27 Rather/Moreover

tous = the

echthrous = enemies

mou = of-me/my

toutous = those

tous = the/which

mee = not

theleesantas = would

me = I

basileusai = should-reign

ep' (epi) = above/upon/over

autous = them

agagete = bring

hoode = here

kai = and/also

katasfaxate = kill/slaughter/slay

autous = them

emprosthen = in-front-of

mou.'" = me.'"

It's audacious and ridiculous to argue with the One who will be King Himself!

Now, regarding Isaiah 34:4, the amplified version is probably the WORST offender of "helping out" the translation! It gives you ALL the possible ways that something could be interpreted, but which was the ONE way that the author meant when he wrote what he wrote?

Here's the verse in the KJV:

Isaiah 34:4
4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.
KJV

Yesha`yahu 34:4
4 Vnaamaquw kaal tsVaa' hashaamaiym vnaagoluw kaceefer: hashaamaayim vkhaal tsVaa'aam yibowl kinVol `aaleh migefen uwkhnoVelet mit'eenaah:
JPS Hebrew-English Tanakh

4 Vnaamaquw = 4 And-shall-be-melted
kaal = all
tsVaa' = a-mass-of-persons-organized-for-war
hashaamayim = of-the-skies
vnaagoluw = and-shall-be-rolled-together
kaceefer: = like-a-scroll:
hashaamaayim = the-skies
vkhaal = and-all
tsVaa'aam = their-masses-of-persons-organized-for-war
yibowl = shall-fall-down
kinVol = like-falls-off
`aaleh = a-leaf
migefen = from-a-vine
uwkhnoVelet = and-like-a-falling
mit'eenaah: = from-a-fig-tree:

Don't you get it? It's not talking about the "stars and planets!" It's talking about an AIRFORCE falling from the sky, having been melted!

Hi Retrobyter,

Glad we`re back on the topic. So can you prove to me why the Lord Jesus Christ, ruler in the thronal area, the seat of power in eternity, will stay on earth in the Millennium & rule from earth. Remember that `the earth is His footstool.` So why & which scriptures show this to you?

Glad we`re back on the topic. So can you prove to me why the Lord Jesus Christ, ruler in the thronal area, the seat of power in eternity, will stay on earth in the Millennium & rule from earth. Remember that `the earth is His footstool.` So why & which scriptures show this to you?

~

No Question

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Revelation 20:6

As I See It

Hi Fresno Joe,

I read what you said & I see why you believe that. However have you ever considered that the people mentioned in Rev. 20: 4 - 6 are -

- those beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus & the word of God & had not worshipped the beast nor received his mark.

That to me is a very specific group of people.

Also it does not say that the Lord is physically on earth reigning. As I said before the `earth is His footstool.` And think also of how would Satan be able to gather the nations at the end of the Millennium with the Lord physically on earth.  

All,

My computer is going in for its yearly check up so I will be off line for a few days.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn C.

Hi Retrobyter,

Isn't it obvious? Yeshua` is NOT "ruler in the thronal area, the seat of power in eternity!" His Father is! Yeshua` has been given the throne of His father, DAVID! That's His EARTHLY ancestor who was the first benevolent king of Isra'el!

Here's the first significant passage I'll share with you: Remember what Gavri'el (Gabriel) said to Miryam (Mary) His mother before He was even conceived?

Luke 1:30-33
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

Here's some more:

1 Timothy 6:13-16
13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
KJV

Revelation 17:13-14
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
KJV

Revelation 19:11-16
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
KJV

Now, do you know the significance of the phrase "King of Kings and Lord of Lords?" Literally, it means that He will be a King over other kings - a World Emperor - and a Master over other masters! Nebuchadnezzar (Nebuchadrezzar) was one who bore the title "King of Kings":

Ezekiel 26:7

7 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will bring upon Tyrus Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, a king of kings, from the north, with horses, and with chariots, and with horsemen, and companies, and much people.
KJV

Daniel 2:28-29, 37
28 But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;
29 As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass.
37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.
KJV

And, later, so was Artaxerxes (which one is immaterial):

Ezra 7:11-12
11 Now this is the copy of the letter that the king Artaxerxes gave unto Ezra the priest, the scribe, even a scribe of the words of the commandments of the Lord, and of his statutes to Israel.
12 Artaxerxes, king of kings, unto Ezra the priest, a scribe of the law of the God of heaven, perfect peace, and at such a time.
KJV

So, Yeshua` is slated not only to be the King of the Jews and the King of Isra'el, but He will also be the King of Kings or the World Emperor.

Some make the mistake of thinking that Yeshua` will be IMMEDIATELY the King of Kings; however, although He will become A King of kings soon within the Millennium, He won't be at first. There are a couple of passages of Scripture that are misunderstood that must be re-thought. The first is the war tribunal described in Matthew 25, and the second is a KINGDOM parable in Matthew 13:

Matthew 25:31-46
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, THEN shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations (NATIONS, not individuals): and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King (currently He is called "Mashiyach" or "Messiah," one who is "Anointed" TO BE King) say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
KJV

Notice that it does NOT say that they are thrown into the fire, as other parables do, and they are certainly not IMMEDIATELY thrown into the fire!! This is at the BEGINNING of the Millennium, because this is when Yeshua` BEGINS to reign, according to verse 31.

The second parable is the wheat and the tares:

Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven (the Kingdom from the sky) is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world (age); and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world (age).
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
KJV

This scenario is AFTER the Millennium, and it matches two other passages:

1 Corinthians 15:20-28
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
KJV

And,

Revelation 20:1-21:1
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
KJV

When one harmonizes these three passages along side 2 Peter 3:3-13 (above), one begins to see that the character of this Millennium will be FAR different than what most think will happen during the Millennium.

Another passage is the Messianic psalm, Psalm 2:1-12:

Psalm 2:1-12
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,
3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
KJV

It may be characterized as a "time of peace," but this will be an ENFORCED "peace!" The Messiah who will then be Melekh (King) won't tolerate any insubordination!

Shalom, again, Marilyn C.

Oh, and I should have mentioned that "Lord of Lords" or "Master of masters" is thrown into the title because some countries are ruled by those who do not call themselves "king." Whether ruled by despots, oligarchs, or congresses and/or senates, they, too, will be ruled over by the Master of Masters!

Also, it will be a time when Isra'el's people, both those who are naturally born and those who are grafted in, will experience a deferential treatment BECAUSE of their King (not because they have any merit in themselves)!

Zechariah 8:18-23

18 And the word of the LORD of hosts came unto me, saying,
19 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; The fast of the fourth month, and the fast of the fifth, and the fast of the seventh, and the fast of the tenth, shall be to the house of Judah joy and gladness, and cheerful feasts; therefore love the truth and peace.
20 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; It shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities:
21 And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts: I will go also.
22 Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.
23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.
KJV

Even when the other nations are returning the children of Isra'el to the Land of Isra'el, it will be to APPEASE the King of kings!

Isaiah 49:7-26
7 Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.
8 Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;
9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.
10 They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.
11 And I will make all my mountains a way, and my highways shall be exalted.
12 Behold, these shall come from far: and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim.
13 Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.
14 But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.
15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
17 Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee.
18 Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the LORD, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.
19 For thy waste and thy desolate places, and the land of thy destruction, shall even now be too narrow by reason of the inhabitants, and they that swallowed thee up shall be far away.
20 The children which thou shalt have, after thou hast lost the other, shall say again in thine ears, The place is too strait for me: give place to me that I may dwell.
21 Then shalt thou say in thine heart, Who hath begotten me these, seeing I have lost my children, and am desolate, a captive, and removing to and fro? and who hath brought up these? Behold, I was left alone; these, where had they been?
22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.
24 Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered?
25 But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.
26 And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
KJV

So, as Yogi Berra once said, "It ain't over 'til it's over!"

Now, everywhere in this chapter that you see "LORD" or "GOD" is the Tetragrammaton, "YHWH." That is the Name of God! When you see the word "Lord," that is the Hebrew word "Adonai" ("Adonaay"), an emphatic form of "Adowniy." That word means "my master." Something you should know, too, about Hebrew: It's called the "noun Construct State" when two nouns are put back to back within a sentence, and it is usually translated with the word "of" in between when translated into English. For example, "ben Avraham" is translated as "son of Abraham." For purposes of sentence construction, the focus is on "ben" or "son." Thus, it would be the noun in focus, such as either the noun that could be subject or direct object, and the following noun would be the modifier, describing WHICH son or WHOSE son, in this example.

The following comes from The First HEBREW PRIMER for Adults: Biblical and Prayerbook Hebrew by Ethelyn Simon, Nanette Stahl, Linda Motzkin, and Joseph Anderson (EKS Publishing Company, Oakland, CA, 1983), p. 65.

The Construct State
In Biblical Hebrew there is no word to express the English word of when it means either
possession: The house of Ruth
or description: A word of kindness.
However in Hebrew, when two nouns are linked together to create a single idea, the first noun carries with it the meaning of of. This noun is in what is called the construct state. The construct state expresses the word of in both its possessive and descriptive functions. A word in the construct state should always be translated with of following it.

Examples:
"eem Ya`aqov" --> "The mother of Jacob."
"bat ha'iysh" --> "The daughter of the man."
"iysh checed" --> "A man of kindness."

The examples above are literal translations of the construct state. When the construct state expresses possession, you can turn the phrase around after translating it literally and express the same idea in ordinary English.

Examples:
Step 1: "eem Ya`aqov" --> "The mother of Jacob."
Step 2: "Jacob's mother."

Step 1: "bat ha'iysh --> "The daughter of the man."
Step 2: "The man's daughter."

(I've used my transliteration scheme for the Hebrew characters.)

So, although it is usually thought of as an appositive to say "Lord GOD," as though GOD - YHWH - is the "Adonaay," or that "Lord" is the title for GOD, the interpretation could also be the "Lord (Master) OF GOD," or "GOD'S Lord (Master)," referring to His "Holy One," the Messiah, who will be King (and Master) of Isra'el, already mentioned in verse 7!