• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/25/1984

Landlord just came to the door with a notice that says we have to come up with $1,075.00 in 10 days or we need to be out that day. We really have no where to go and we have no other family in this whole state. I dont know what to do. I have called around and the charities in our area have no funds to help. Does anyone here have any ideas please let me know.

Edited by StressedMomma

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We do a pretty good job of taking care of homeless people in Shawnee, Oklahoma......    I don't know where you live so I couldn't have any idea of those places around you.  If you can get here at least we'll make sure you have something to eat.

You might try to find a church that houses temporary homeless families as ours does through an outside organization.

Call your local Nazarene Church and see of they have that going on there.

Question I have is if you find some way to come up with the money within ten days, can you keep up with your rent after that......   if the answer is no, then getting the money by ten days really isn't going to fix your problem.  You need some serious help in basic survival skills that is not likely to happen over the open internet.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Landlord just came to the door with a notice that says we have to come up with $1,075.00 in 10 days or we need to be out that day. We really have no where to go and we have no other family in this whole state. I dont know what to do. I have called around and the charities in our area have no funds to help. Does anyone here have any ideas please let me know.

this post raised a dozen questions in my mind, that need answering before real help can be given.

Ask any and all questions that you may have.

Guest LadyC

if i remember correctly, a ten day notice to vacate doesn't necessarily mean you have to be OUT in ten days. it means that if you aren't, they'll file the eviction with the courts. depending on your state, that could buy you anywhere from 3 to 30 days to move. 

other one raised a good question. if you were to somehow get the money you need, would it only be a temporary fix? or do you have sufficient income to keep the rent paid after this month has passed?

i don't know if there are extended stay hotels with residential suites in your area, but if you have any income at all, and if there are some near you or at least in a neighboring city, consider moving into one of those. fully furnished and all bills paid, and you pay weekly. free cable, free wifi, etc. i've known people who had to live in hotels like that, for over a year even. of course that leaves you needing to do something with all of your personal belongings. perhaps a yard sale would help generate enough cash to get moved out.

Yes ma'am you are correct about the notice but from what I have found out it only buys a few days. Also if we could come up with it we will be fine keeping up after we catch up. We just fell behind when our son had to have his 10th brain surgery and my husband had to take off work to stay home with our daughter while I had to be with our son in the hospital.

if i remember correctly, a ten day notice to vacate doesn't necessarily mean you have to be OUT in ten days. it means that if you aren't, they'll file the eviction with the courts. depending on your state, that could buy you anywhere from 3 to 30 days to move. 

other one raised a good question. if you were to somehow get the money you need, would it only be a temporary fix? or do you have sufficient income to keep the rent paid after this month has passed?

i don't know if there are extended stay hotels with residential suites in your area, but if you have any income at all, and if there are some near you or at least in a neighboring city, consider moving into one of those. fully furnished and all bills paid, and you pay weekly. free cable, free wifi, etc. i've known people who had to live in hotels like that, for over a year even. of course that leaves you needing to do something with all of your personal belongings. perhaps a yard sale would help generate enough cash to get moved out.

Yes ma'am you are correct about the notice but from what I have found out it only buys a few days. Also if we could come up with it we will be fine keeping up after we catch up. We just fell behind when our son had to have his 10th brain surgery and my husband had to take off work to stay home with our daughter while I had to be with our son in the hospital.

Guest LadyC

oh my goodness, tenth brain surgery? wow. i understand how medical bills can swallow you up. between me and my husband, we've had a combined total of four surgeries in the last year... plus three ER visits, three cat scans, and in my case, a 7 day hospital stay.

i know it may sound lame, but PRAY! never underestimate the power of prayer! a lot of times it's easy to think of prayer as a last ditch effort, but it should always be our first line of defense. i have a friend who once needed some money for something or other.... and at the last minute, she got an unexpected rebate check from some previous insurance policy she'd once had... and it was the exact amount she needed... to the penny. 

of course, i've been known to forget til the last minute that God should be the first person i ask. but then again, God does His best work when we're at our weakest and most vulnerable point. my most memorable moment of desperation was about five years ago. i occasionally get residual checks for some computer work i did a long time ago... but the guy who sends me these checks that were supposed to be monthly now only sends them out about every six months... and usually even then it's only if i badger him with an onslaught of emails begging for my money. it's not a whole lot, but when you barely make ends meet, those small checks really help. 

so anyway, about five years ago i hadn't gotten a check from this guy for over six months, and we were really in dire straights. i hadn't emailed him this time... i'd just really kinda given up. so while trying to figure out how to juggle the bills so that we could keep the power on and pay our rent, i broke down into a raging panic attack. i went into the kitchen, looked in our nearly empty fridge, slammed it shut, banged my head against the freezer door, and started screaming at God as loud as i could for about ten minutes. and then i guess i wore myself out with my tantrum, and a calm came over me. i turned around, went back to my computer, and surprise! i had a paypal notification that i'd just gotten a payment for about $800 from that guy for the previous six months of royalties.

so anyway, pray. and i'll be praying with you.

dear heavenly Father, there are about a thousand scriptures that tell us that you will meet our needs, that you want us to prosper, that all we have to do is ask, and so on... but for the life of me i can't think of a single one of them right now. but i KNOW that they are there. i KNOW that you're always on time with your mercies, never late... and i know sometimes too, that we might have a hard time recognizing those mercies if they come in ways that don't meet our expectations. God, i don't know what kind of mercies you have for this family, whether you will provide them with the needed cash or whether you'll provide for them in some way that glorifies you even more... but i do know that you don't back out of your promises. so i'm asking right now that you will meet the needs of this family! and not just the needs of maintaining a roof over their heads and to keep from drowning in medical bills, but Lord, provide them with PEACE! envelop them in your love and compassion and ease the weight of all that stress they are under. and God, bless their children, and bring healing to their son! Jesus, i thank you for giving us the privilege of coming before you, and being the one through whom we are allowed access to our Father. your sacrifice is everything! and it is in your name, with deep appreciation and adoration, that i ask these things. amen.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Praying for you. I hope that you get to stay.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/oklahoma_city_assistance_progr.html

on this site you find about 20 phone numbers in Edmond.

I apologize if I upset you it was not my intention.

Financial help for eviction is also listed,praying.