IGNORED

Under the evolutionism,do the western world still believe in GOD?

silviawang

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

You have to come to your conclusion, because at the judgement day, it is you who would have to  give your account.  On that day, what  the catholics and other belief would be of no use to you.   You have to go before the living God   today with prayer and petition and ask for his divine guidance to navigate this life.

What I mean is:how to show to the Catholics that the Catholic is wrong and the Protestant is right

And according to y lifting up the name of Jesus Christ

How to lift up?not with lips but with lives

for example

the Christians on the ship Mayflower,they do honor GOD with their lives,and lift up the name of Jesus Christ

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

49 minutes ago, silviawang said:

There is only one BIBLE and there is only ONE GOD

But there is

Catholic ,  Orthodox, Protestant,

--------------which one is right???

I argued with Catholics again and again,do y whats their opinion about me.about us----the Protestant???

Hi Silvia, You ask good questions. This is a question I started asking a long time ago. God will give you an answer, but you already know because you quoted it in 1 of your earlier posts. I mean where you quoted Jesus saying His people are those who do the will of His Father. And that's the answer I received from God myself. The people who are true Christians are those who obey God. Some are Protestant, some are Catholic, some are Orthodox, and some don't even know they belong to God yet. But as I said I've been asking this question a long time. I believe you belong to God because you're very interested in Him, you spend a lot of time thinking about Him and trying to understand Him. Usually only His true believers do that. And as you go through life you will notice some demonstrate the love of God in their life by being kind, by forgiving others, etc. In my opinion these people are doing the will of God so they are the ones Jesus said belong to Him. They are scattered all over the world. It would be nice if they were all in 1 place but they aren't. This is the only way what Jesus said makes sense. Keep watching as you go through life and see what you think.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

50 minutes ago, markdohle said:

Of course, there is much that we cannot fathom;-).  I don't argue about this since it has all been said, the debate or conversation about evolution.  I just disagree about me being a fence sitter.   That is your characterization, has nothing to do with anyone else.    Darwinism will most likely be replaced with a different understanding (theory) about how it works.  I do think the 'atheistic' aspect of it will disappear over time. 

Peace
Mark

Well, Romans 1 has dispelled all  this theorizing and such.  

51 minutes ago, silviawang said:

the Christians on the ship Mayflower,they do honor GOD with their lives,and lift up the name of Jesus Christ

what do you mean by this statement ?.  Could you please elaborate.

33 minutes ago, JTC said:

Hi Silvia, You ask good questions. This is a question I started asking a long time ago. God will give you an answer, but you already know because you quoted it in 1 of your earlier posts. I mean where you quoted Jesus saying His people are those who do the will of His Father. And that's the answer I received from God myself. The people who are true Christians are those who obey God. Some are Protestant, some are Catholic, some are Orthodox, and some don't even know they belong to God yet. But as I said I've been asking this question a long time. I believe you belong to God because you're very interested in Him, you spend a lot of time thinking about Him and trying to understand Him. Usually only His true believers do that. And as you go through life you will notice some demonstrate the love of God in their life by being kind, by forgiving others, etc. In my opinion these people are doing the will of God so they are the ones Jesus said belong to Him. They are scattered all over the world. It would be nice if they were all in 1 place but they aren't. This is the only way what Jesus said makes sense. Keep watching as you go through life and see what you think.

GOD leads me in the way of Protestant to step into his truth

I had never talked with Orthodox Christian,bcs I do not know where to find them

But I  do have deep conversations with the Catholics

I do not know how to say……when I saw they call the pope”papa,papa”I were extremely amazing,it is totally un Biblical!

And ,I  had wrriten an article  to condemn the worshiping of Virgin Mary is the idolatry ,several days,some Catholics attackedme day and night

But all in all,it is GODs authority  to judge who will be accepted by him-----according  to :

Romans

4:1 What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather, discovered in this matter?

4:2 If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about--but not before God.

4:3 What does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."

4:4 Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation.

4:5 However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

59 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

what do you mean by this statement ?.  Could you please elaborate.

What I mean is:

hundreds of years ago,some Protestants sacrificed their easy lives in Europe, crossed the ocean by the ship named mayflower,for pursuing the truth of GOD,they were willingly to face the tough life and the risk of life in America

hundreds of years after,their descendants enjoy the most prosperous nation on this planet

about prosperous,I do not only mean wealthy ,of course US is rich,but money is far more not the reasonens the foreigners want  to immigrate to US, Saudi Arabia is rich,but who want to go there?even lots of Muslims do not want.

Do y know in Chinese forums how we preach to the Buddhists?

We say:

Look at Christian nations : Europe,US

And look at Buddhist nantion:

Bhutan ----One of the poorest countries

Thailand-----famous for the shemale,the king was the richest king among the kings ,but larger quantity of its citizens living in poverty

And of course the  Buddhist province in china:

Tibet----before 1949,the streets of Tibet were full of the cow dung,the slave owners could kill their slaves without any reason,actually the horrible  tortures were frequently.

So how can we lifting the name of  JESUS before Buddhists?

Bcs hundreds of years ago,some Protestants sacrificed their easy lives in Europe, crossed the ocean by the ship named mayflower

3 hours ago, markdohle said:

Darwinism will most likely be replaced with a different understanding (theory) about how it works.  I do think the 'atheistic' aspect of it will disappear over time. 

Dream on brother. You really believe that. Darwinism is a fallacy  that is straight from the pit and replacing it with something else would be like the Gecko, changing its colours, same Gecko that can disguise itself when in danger.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

21 hours ago, silviawang said:

Actually to say ,I think Theistic evolution is the perfect answer

I would agree with you, then, in that I think theistic evolution is the best answer we have. 

16 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Hi Tea Ess, nice to meet you here.    How so, the God of the Bible gave a specific account on the creation of man and  the world we live in.  Evolution is not mentioned in the Bible , which Christians believe is the word of God and given to us.    So, there is definitely conflict of truths if we use the Bible as the measure.  If however, you are using your own understanding and together with the science, then it is not in agreement  with God's word and have to say evolution is a lie and from the master deceiver, satan.   Also, you have to make a definite choice and not be a fence sitter.  Can't play both sides of the game, it is not allowed, you have to choose your side, hopefully, it is on the word of God.

Lots of things aren't mentioned in the Bible, like electricity. That doesn't mean electricity doesn't exist. The Bible wasn't written to be a scientific textbook, so I don't think we should read it that way. Christianity and science don't necessarily have to be at odds with each other; many Christians have contributed enormously to mathematics, technology, and science. 

There are many millions of Christians who accept evolution as a scientific fact, and I find it incredibly insulting that you're insinuating I should throw away my faith just because you disagree with me on a relatively minor issue. Your perspective is unfortunately not uncommon among young earth creationists, and it's one of the reasons I left that camp years ago. 

Take Biologos, for example. It's a Christian organization that supports harmony between science and faith. From their "what we believe" page: 

"We believe the Bible is the inspired and authoritative word of God. By the Holy Spirit it is the “living and active” means through which God speaks to the church today, bearing witness to God’s Son, Jesus, as the divine Logos, or Word of God. We believe that God also reveals himself in and through the natural world he created, which displays his glory, eternal power, and divine nature. Properly interpreted, Scripture and nature are complementary and faithful witnesses to their common Author. We believe that all people have sinned against God and are in need of salvation. We believe in the historical incarnation of Jesus Christ as fully God and fully man. We believe in the historical death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, by which we are saved and reconciled to God. We believe that God is directly involved in the lives of people today through acts of redemption, personal transformation, and answers to prayer. We believe that God typically sustains the world using faithful, consistent processes that humans describe as "natural laws." Yet we also affirm that God works outside of natural law in supernatural events, including the miracles described in Scripture. In both natural and supernatural ways, God continues to be directly involved in creation and in human history. We believe that the methods of science are an important and reliable means to investigate and describe the world God has made. In this, we stand with a long tradition of Christians for whom Christian faith and science are mutually hospitable. Therefore, we reject ideologies such as Materialism and Scientism that claim science is the sole source of knowledge and truth, that science has debunked God and religion, or that the physical world constitutes the whole of reality. We believe that God created the universe, the earth, and all life over billions of years. God continues to sustain the existence and functioning of the natural world, and the cosmos continues to declare the glory of God. Therefore, we reject ideologies such as Deism that claim the universe is self-sustaining, that God is no longer active in the natural world, or that God is not active in human history. We believe that the diversity and interrelation of all life on earth are best explained by the God-ordained process of evolution with common descent. Thus, evolution is not in opposition to God, but a means by which God providentially achieves his purposes. Therefore, we reject ideologies that claim that evolution is a purposeless process or that evolution replaces God. We believe that God created humans in biological continuity with all life on earth, but also as spiritual beings. God established a unique relationship with humanity by endowing us with his image and calling us to an elevated position within the created order. We believe that conversations among Christians about controversial issues of science and faith can and must be conducted with humility, grace, honesty, and compassion as a visible sign of the Spirit’s presence in Christ’s body, the Church."

And on evolution specifically:

"At BioLogos, we present the Evolutionary Creationism (EC) viewpoint on origins. Like all Christians, we fully affirm that God is the creator of all life—including human beings in his image. We fully affirm that the Bible is the inspired and authoritative word of God. We also accept the science of evolution as the best description for how God brought about the diversity of life on earth."

I respect your right to believe what you will about the age of the earth, and I'm not going to invalidate your faith just because I disagree with you. I do think your position is scientifically incorrect, but in the scheme of things, that's not very important. All I ask is that you consider things from my point of view for a second, and stop trying to alienate Christians who aren't young earth creationists. 

12 hours ago, Davida said:

Silvia,  what would you like to see Christians doing in the West?  What would you like to tell them?

Trump is the president of US,and the left-wing win the election in the Netherlands after so many terrorist attacks,this is just the distinguish between Protestant(justification by faith) and Catholic(justification by good works),GOD had tried his best to save………………

So Who am I have sth to tell to the the West???

The only thing I am interested in is what’s GOD’s viewpoint about today’s west

Once I saw the document  of the Second Vatican Council,i feel it is wrong,and argued with the left-wing again and again,I were surely not so Confidence bcs they are seemed so lofty in moral,,so pure in heart,so perfect in spirit,so good,so love,so kind,so holy………and I even call some of them “saint

I were so depressed and obliged myself to ask GOD

And then the European refugee crisis,and then terrorist attack after terrorist attack

T o spread the gospel ?no,even in the most un-developed countryside of the poorest place in china,people know the name and the story of Jesus,but in the land with 2000 yearsfaith toward GOD,people open their arm to welcome  Islam

So who need the gospel more?the Chinese rural sansculottes”,or the French priest who donated the land of church  to built the Mosque?

But even after the European refugee crisis,and terrorist attack after terrorist attack,these saints are still there I can not persuade them

Edited by silviawang