IGNORED

Under the evolutionism,do the western world still believe in GOD?

silviawang

1 minute ago, Saktmodig said:

But don't you think God is greater than that? 

The Bible is great at being the Bible, but it does not answer any question of life. How to cook a really nice steak for example. I wouldn't turn to the Bible with that, I would turn to a cook book. Does that mean that the Bible is imperfect? Or that the Bible's teachings about foods are wrong? No. But it is not the purpose of the Bible to teach us to cook. Nor to teach us about science. The purpose of the Bible is to teach us about God. 

I see no reason to oppose either science or contemporary chefs because they teach things that are not in the Bible. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Saktmodig said:

I do not think you understand how similar our points of view are here. The last two sentences you just wrote here basically explains my whole point of view. 

Do I believe God is great enough to create through evolution? Yes. 

Does that mean that evolution is a fact? No. But as long as it is the leading theory I see no reason to argue against it. It could have happened like that. I really does not matter. Because no matter how it happened I believe God is great enough to do it just like that. 

Don't think so.  What you are essentially doing in sitting on the fence, playing both sides.  If you believe in God ,then his word is the ultimate and seven day as in Genesis is what his word declares. You have to jump of the fence and choose a side, hopefully it is the one the Bible so vividly describes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

39 minutes ago, Saktmodig said:

I do not think you understand how similar our points of view are here. The last two sentences you just wrote here basically explains my whole point of view. 

Do I believe God is great enough to create through evolution? Yes. 

Does that mean that evolution is a fact? No. But as long as it is the leading theory I see no reason to argue against it. It could have happened like that. I really does not matter. Because no matter how it happened I believe God is great enough to do it just like that. 

I understand. That's why I made my post.

When I grew up we were told evolution is a theory, not a fact. We were told the archeologists are still looking for the hard evidence to prove it. That evidence was never found. But then atheism multiplied and somehow the atheists took over the academic communities. Nowadays everyone assumes evolution is a fact but it isn't. When and if they ever find hard evidence to prove man evolved from a lower life form I'll believe it but until then I believe God created man as men and women.  Exactly what God did I don't know, but I believe He created us as human beings.   

Edited by JTC

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

12 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Well, you don't have to taste poison to see if is really poison.  You have to read the label to see the contents.  Same with religious teachings.  If in general terms, they do not match up with the  Bible and the fact that Jesus Christ is God, then no need to  go find out about all their other beliefs.  It can take you down the path of doubt and play with your mind to lead you astray.   

Also, i think you may have added a lot more  billions to the earth population.  Double check your figures and numbers.  I think you mean 7b   and 2.5 b in India.  

Ok. So, a  check on the famous google shows a world population of 7.4 billion and  India has 1.25  billion.    Where did you get your figures from.  hmmm.

haha,with D degree in  mathematics in schools and  College ,i think 7b=7.4 billion,

And I got the figures from my memory

:P:laugh::D;)

Edited by silviawang

I heard that to mainstream scientists,the Intelligent Design is the topic be forbidden to talk in public

We,who do not have the professional knowledge like the scientists

Do need the honest scientists telling us the truth

But ,who can we trust???

Pls, scientists,at least explain the Chengjiang biota clearly

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylc=X3oDMTFiN25laTRvBF9TAzIwMjM1MzgwNzUEaXRjAzEEc2VjA3NyY2hfcWEEc2xrA3NyY2h3ZWI-?p=Chengjiang+biota&fr=yfp-t&fp=1&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

Edited by silviawang

Scienceseems to be the new religion  to this age,yes science gives us the prosperous life,but it can not give us the moral code

The most advanced weapon---the nuclear weapon,finished the WW2 and bring the peace

But the nuclear weapon in North Korea ,becomes the horrible threaten to the world

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, silviawang said:

The most advanced weapon---the nuclear weapon,finished the WW2 and bring the peace

Hi Sylvia,

I don't know about peace, but the Abomb certainly brought an end to the conflict of WW2.

Peace and (harmony), not even now sad to say.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, warrior12 said:
On 3/13/2017 at 3:33 AM, silviawang said:

GOD is not only the creator of the Israelite,the westerner,but also the creator of Indian and Chinese,etc.

There are 70 billions peoples on this planet,and more than 25 billions are the Indian and Chinese

Make some sense???

Also, i think you may have added a lot more  billions to the earth population.  Double check your figures and numbers.  I think you mean 7b   and 2.5 b in India.  

7 hours ago, silviawang said:
20 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Well, you don't have to taste poison to see if is really poison.  You have to read the label to see the contents.  Same with religious teachings.  If in general terms, they do not match up with the  Bible and the fact that Jesus Christ is God, then no need to  go find out about all their other beliefs.  It can take you down the path of doubt and play with your mind to lead you astray.   

Ok. So, a  check on the famous google shows a world population of 7.4 billion and  India has 1.25  billion.    Where did you get your figures from.  hmmm.

haha,with D degree in  mathematics in schools and  College ,i think 7b=7.4 billion,

And I got the figures from my memory

Go back and check your quotes in the  thread.  You originally quoted 70 million and 25 million.   Check up on that memory Silvia....  :rolleyes:

So you know what the teacher reminds us. Always double check your work before handing in the paper, so the same here, check your post  before you hit the submit button.  If you want us to take you seriously, then you have to be reasonable in your figures.  Those figures are staggering.    Imagine 70 Billion people on earth.  But i get your message anyway. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I have often said that if the average Christian had the same amount of faith in what we believe as the scientists do in what they believe, well, maybe we could move mountains. The thing is those scientists are wrong because there's no proof in what they believe. But I agree, to atheists science is like a religion. They believe things without proof. Not that they will admit this. But every now and then 1 or 2 admit to it.  

16 hours ago, warrior12 said:

l

Go back and check your quotes in the  thread.  You originally quoted 70 million and 25 million.   Check up on that memory Silvia....  :rolleyes:

So you know what the teacher reminds us. Always double check your work before handing in the paper, so the same here, check your post  before you hit the submit button.  If you want us to take you seriously, then you have to be reasonable in your figures.  Those figures are staggering.    Imagine 70 Billion people on earth.  But i get your message anyway. 

Thks for reminding

I will pay atten to

But -----

“If you want us to take you seriously”

I am sorry to say that,without GOD,I am totally a nobody,I myself do do not clever enough, noble enough, wealthy enough , outstanding enough,to catch anyones attention

But even I am clever enough, noble enough, wealthy enough , outstanding enough,why do y take me seriously???

So if it is GOD’s will,and GOD enable ,everybody should pay serious attn to what I say,but if it only my own will and with my own strength,even I am the superwoman,it is in vain

But it is do my duty to give y the ture and exact information

So

Thks for remindingm,again

I will pay atten to