• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

May God help you to see the truth.

Genesis 1:1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

The first verse is the topic.  What follows in that chapter afterwards is a more indepth detail of how God did it.

Scripture was not divided up in numbered chapters or numbered verses, and so I read the following beginning verses of the second chapter as the conclusion of the first verse of the first chapter in regards to that topic.

Genesis 2:1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

What follows next is another topic.

Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, 5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. 6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. 7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

So Moses as led by the Holy Spirit was addressing the generations of man to where he had come from, and thus going back to the beginning of man on that sixth day to go into more detail.  The precedent was given when describing how God watered the plants of the earth with a mist because there was no man yet to till it.  Then began the topic of where man had come from in verse 7.

The purpose of copying every beast of the field and every fowl of the air in front of Adam to name while looking for that singular helpmeet was to reveal Himself as His Creator of everything and to form the first marriage by having Eve come out of Adam''s side to be his wife rather than out of the ground.

Jesus validated the scripture as well as the seventh day for which it was created and the first marriage.

John 10:35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me....46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Matthew 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Those that believe in Jesus should lean on Him for help to see past the lies in the world to see the truths in the scripture.

Romans 3:4God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

2 Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

:thumbsup:

About Creation

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

And About The Garden And The Man

And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. Genesis 2:8

So Jesus Spoke His Words

Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. John 6:46

Directly Into Grandfather's Moses Ear

And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face, Deuteronomy 34:10

So, What's The Beef?

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(a-c )

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

May God help you to see the truth.

The first verse is the topic.  What follows in that chapter afterwards is a more indepth detail of how God did it.

Scripture was not divided up in numbered chapters or numbered verses, and so I read the following beginning verses of the second chapter as the conclusion of the first verse of the first chapter in regards to that topic.

Genesis 2:1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

What follows next is another topic.

Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, 5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. 6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. 7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

So Moses as led by the Holy Spirit was addressing the generations of man to where he had come from, and thus going back to the beginning of man on that sixth day to go into more detail.  The precedent was given when describing how God watered the plants of the earth with a mist because there was no man yet to till it.  Then began the topic of where man had come from in verse 7.

The purpose of copying every beast of the field and every fowl of the air in front of Adam to name while looking for that singular helpmeet was to reveal Himself as His Creator of everything and to form the first marriage by having Eve come out of Adam''s side to be his wife rather than out of the ground.

Jesus validated the scripture as well as the seventh day for which it was created and the first marriage.

John 10:35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me....46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Matthew 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Those that believe in Jesus should lean on Him for help to see past the lies in the world to see the truths in the scripture.

Romans 3:4God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

2 Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

I am not sure what the point of this OP is.  Please state it; what is the opposition you are countering?   You've acknowledged in your translation that one account has God create the universe in seven days, another in one day.  So what are you claiming? Are there two different accounts? Your New Testament passages are nothing to the point.  They are just random passages that pious and well-meaning but unskilled Christians throw about to support beliefs that are not always Biblical.  Your OP was about Genesis; let's just stick with Genesis.

My guess is you are advocating the view that Genesis 2.4 onward is a focus upon day 6 of chapter 1. But it doesn't work grammatically or narratively--the latter is not a word, and so I mean the logical flow of the narrative--that is, why one sentence follows a next-- the narrative of chapter 2 clearly points to beasts and birds being created after Adam but before Eve.  If all you read were chapter 2, you would NEVER, EVER, EVER, suppose that beasts and birds were created prior to Adam.

Now, I think none of this matters essentially; If you think that the entire Gospel depends on successfully showing that Genesis 2 and 1 or sequentially consistent, then you are simply wrong.  DEAD WRONG.  The Christian good news can be defended to great success; indeed, antagonists will be left either dumbfounded or sounding dumb, when they attempt to explain the Resurrection with any other explanation that does not conclude HE WAS RAISED.  All this regardless whether Genesis one and two are sequentially compatible or not.  It matters not.

clb

Edited by ConnorLiamBrown

....I am not sure what the point of this OP is....

....Please state it.....

:thumbsup:

Point

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

By Point

But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; Hebrews 1:8-11

It's All About Jesus

And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:8-11

For Jesus

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

Is Lord

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

There are no two differing creation accounts of Genesis.

That's the main topic for the coming verses.  The verses following that first verse is explaining how God did it.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The earth was not there.  All that existed at that moment was the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

That's God sending forth His Son into the reality we now know to create everything by Him as dividing the day from the night by the evening and morning each day of creation.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

God created by Jesus as the light, a planet that was water only and seperated the water from that water and thereby created the upper atmospher from that planet of water and called that upper atmosphere the heaven on the second day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. 11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Earth as we know it as a planet was created the third day.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

On the fourth day, God created by Jesus the sun, the moon, and the stars and had its light govern the earth that day.  God created the source of the lights in the heavens and filled in the gap of those lights in the heavens to govern the earth that night and day that fourth day.

So to go to point now, the topic of the very first verse is drawn in conclusion here.

Genesis 2:1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.     2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.  

Connect the first verse of chapter one to the first verse of chapter two and you see a conclusion to that topic of how God created the heaven and the earth, and rested on the seventh day from it.

Now begins another topic;  addressing the generations of man as to where he had come from.

The way we start off a paragraph and go into detail as supporting that first sentence in that paragraph is consistent and flowing for you to see it, but because of the war of principality, only God can help you see it so I'll be praying for you, Brother Connor.  As it is, Moses as led by the Holy Spirit, was going into more detail on the sixth day of creation in addressing the beginning of the generations of man and the first marriage as the inititate of that generations of man.  That example for starting a topic and going into detail about that topic has been set from the very first verse in the Bible.

Edited by Hobbes

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Genesis 1 is the actual account. Genesis 2 is an Historical overlay.

Genesis 2:4

This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I agree, at first the two different accounts of the creation in Genesis may be confusing. But when you realize that God created everything spiritually first, physically second, then it makes sense. The two accounts are not contradictory because they are describing two different events. The first event is the spiritual creation of everything and the second event is the physical creation. For instance, God created Adam spiritually in the first, then in the second created his physical body and breathed the breath of life, or put Adam's spirit into the body.

Remember the two accounts tell of the two creations.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

um  Ozzy...would you be so kind as to indicate your reference for spiritual creation?  I cannot seem to find it in my Bible