• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

I see people misunderstand me.

Just go ahead and shoot someone, and then tell me how you deal with that the rest of your life.

That was my point.

You didn't answer my question. When is it righteous to protect the innocent?

God bless,

GE

That's easy to answer.

It makes no difference.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Interesting, again how does this apply to law enforcement and military?

God bless,

GE

Law enforcement and the military live and are guided by worldly standards. We on the other hand are suppose to be guided by God and by Peace. Their is suppose to be a difference in how we deal and handle things compared to the rest of the world. I don't expect the worldly police or military to live according to biblical standards. Besides I've had bad experiences with cops, and don't hold them in real high regard. IMO most cops I have ever had to deal with have had a God complex and think their justified no matter what they do.

so david lived and was guided by worldly standards?

hmmmm.... that contradicts what God says.

I didn't say david now did I. this is why I stopped posting in this thread, no matter what I say it will INTENTIONALLY be perverted to something I didn't mean.

you said law enforcement and the military lived by worldly standards, and on the other hand WE are supposed to be guided by God and peace.

david was military.

i didn't pervert anything you said, intentionally or otherwise. you need to think more carefully before you say something you might not really mean.

David was the leader of God's people, acting at God's direction and that is something else entirely, and you know that.  Today's military and law enforcement does not do things according to what God says but according to worldly law and worldly standards.

How does the idea above in bold about today's military and law enforcement conform with passages like Romans 3 for example?

Rom. 3:1-7

1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

God bless,

GE

I  don't see a contradiction between the 2. Are you implying that all military and all police only follow God and not worldly law and standards all the time? If not I don't see the problem. I don't think I have ever met a cop that deserved respect.

• Group:  Junior Member

Just go ahead and shoot someone, and then tell me how you deal with that the rest of your life.

That was my point.

God bless,

GE

It is always righteous to protect the innocent.

How do you suppose we protect the innocent?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

So let me guess... The ones on this thread who are for guns, either own a gun or their wife or husband owns one, and the ones here who are against guns don't own one.

I think we're missing a point here, there is nothing wrong with police officers owning guns to protect the public and the military protecting their country, and of course there is nothing wrong with protecting someone or ourselves if we own a gun. However, for the ones who do own a gun as a means of protection "just in case" JUST IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG ...who do you rely on protecting you more efficiently, your gun or God? Do you believe you and your families are safer owning gun? what if you didn't own one do you believe God would let something happen to you or your family before it was your time if you didn't own a gun?

That's the whole point of my personal debate, God's Will in a "Christian's" life will be done no matter what, if you have a gun then He might make you use it to protect someone or yourself, but if you don't own one He still will protect you and whoever else He needs to protect. Owning a gun is a personal choice but it won't prolong your life or anyone else's life if it isn't His will to do so.

Um... wrong guess. I don't own a gun. But I have no problem with people owning guns. :)

God bless,

GE

How does the idea above in bold about today's military and law enforcement conform with passages like Romans 3 for example?

1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

God bless,

GE

I  don't see a contradiction between the 2. Are you implying that all military and all police only follow God and not worldly law and standards all the time? If not I don't see the problem. I don't think I have ever met a cop that deserved respect.

Read the passage again brother. We respect authority (police, military) not because they deserve it but because that is honoring God. It is a respect of the position. I think you are confusing it with respecting individuals who serve in that position. Some serve well. Others do not. Do you see?

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Yes, this subject is something to consider. A very interesting question indeed. 

Thanks...I just never thought of it until today

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

People can kill with bare hands if they know a few things. I do not hear anyone saying they are willing to live without there hands as they are without a gun. both can kill someone.

As I stated, I don't think this thread is really about guns.

but I digress.........

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

God bless,

GE

Read the passage again brother. We respect authority (police, military) not because they deserve it but because that is honoring God. It is a respect of the position. I think you are confusing it with respecting individuals who serve in that position. Some serve well. Others do not. Do you see?

God bless,

GE

How is saying that police and the military follow worldly laws and worldly standards violate this piece of scripture? Are just trying to pick a fight?

That was my point.

God bless,

GE

That's easy to answer.

It makes no difference.

Oh? How so?

I've said before I have two kids and a wife. If I defend them against an intruder is that righteous or not?

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Junior Member

That was my point.

God bless,

GE

That's easy to answer.

It makes no difference.

Oh? How so?

I've said before I have two kids and a wife. If I defend them against an intruder is that righteous or not?

God bless,

GE

In what way would you protect them?

I pray to God to protect me and my wife daily, to protect us from all evil, to protect us in our home and wherever we are.

I cast out the devil from my home and my property in the name of Jesus everyday.

We've never had a problem.

Maybe in this one area, my faith to believe that Jesus will answer this is very strong.