IGNORED

Pastor claims bible says guns are ok

ayin jade

do you believe that there are some cops who love the same God that you love? that strive to serve Him on a daily basis? and that sometimes serving Him might include using deadly force to protect an innocent life?

i understand you have little respect for cops. i get that. 

but do you believe that there are some military troops, even who serve in wartime, who love and serve the same God you serve, and that they may be under the direction of that same God you serve when they have to use deadly force?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

do you believe that there are some cops who love the same God that you love? that strive to serve Him on a daily basis? and that sometimes serving Him might include using deadly force to protect an innocent life?

but do you believe that there are some military troops, even who serve in wartime, who love and serve the same God you serve, and that they may be under the direction of that same God you serve when they have to use deadly force?

I have a hard time believing any cop does. Let me explain. I am a convicted felon of a violent crime because I was stupid when I was younger. during my time in jail and prison I had many interactions with cops, including seeing back door deals and a lot of shady behavior that I would not have believed if I didn't see it for myself. So you see, my opinion of cops is not good, From my experience they only behave based on worldly standards, that is what I have seen. As, for the military question, I have stated before and I will again that doing something because God said so is completely different than because the government said so. I just don't see the fruit that the military of the USA is being lead by God. As for the rest you asked....I don't know. What I do know is their is always a choice. We can choose to be violent in our response or we can choose to be merciful in our responses. I choose to be merciful because when I didn't deserve it, Jesus was merciful to me. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

Let's see.

Pray something.

I pray that all of us when this thread is over will love one another more than before, no exceptions, amen!

I have a hard time believing any cop does. Let me explain. I am a convicted felon of a violent crime because I was stupid when I was younger. during my time in jail and prison I had many interactions with cops, including seeing back door deals and a lot of shady behavior that I would not have believed if I didn't see it for myself. So you see, my opinion of cops is not good, From my experience they only behave based on worldly standards, that is what I have seen. As, for the military question, I have stated before and I will again that doing something because God said so is completely different than because the government said so. I just don't see the fruit that the military of the USA is being lead by God. As for the rest you asked....I don't know. What I do know is their is always a choice. We can choose to be violent in our response or we can choose to be merciful in our responses. I choose to be merciful because when I didn't deserve it, Jesus was merciful to me. 

thank you for that insight. i knew you had no respect for cops, but i didn't know why. now i understand that. and knowing your own history of violence helps me to understand where you're coming from, too.

you see, it's easy to make assumptions about others when we don't know the history! we all do that.

but try this. try to see cops and troops as individuals, not as a sum of their parts. when you look at the world vs. the christians (meaning the ones who really strive to serve our Lord), we are vastly outnumbered. of course that's going to remain true of law enforcement and military as well. but there are individuals who sincerely love the Lord who serve Him AND serve in military and law enforcement positions. they're human, but they're not all BAD humans. and regardless of the morality of the machine they work for, that doesn't mean they aren't used by God to serve His purpose and bring glory to Him.

it's kinda like school teachers.... you can't judge them by the union they're members of. there are some very good, loving, christian school teachers out there who are forced to financially contribute to a union that serves the world... serves satan's agenda.

that's the way it is with cops and troops. when i lived in vegas, there was a cop who was killed in the line of duty while responding to a domestic violence call. he went there to protect the life of a woman who was getting beaten, and ended up being shot by the husband. his legacy, though, what he was known for, was for witnessing... to colleagues, to victims, and to criminals... about the Lord. his funeral was huge. the memorial was held at one of the town's mega-churches (not a fan of mega-churches by the way), and the processional had hundreds of cops, firemen, and other first responders in it. the memorial service was televised, so i was able to watch it from home. it lasted for HOURS, as one by one, people came to the front to testify of how his witness had impacted their lives.

i'm sorry you haven't met any cops like that. but they do exist! and they exist in the positions they are in to bring glory and honor to God. God puts them in those positions.... God directs them to take up arms and protect lives, but to minister also to souls.

so when you look at cops, try to see them as people. some are going to be genuine Christians. others are going to be behave like the scum of the earth.... just like in every other walk of life.

having been convicted of a violent crime, it's admirable that you have chosen not to ever use violence again. and see, that's WHY God has called you to be a pacifist. because to NOT be a pacifist could jeopardize your walk with Him.

but don't let your history, and what God has called you to be in your life, color your opinion of others whom God has called differently.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

thank you for that insight. i knew you had no respect for cops, but i didn't know why. now i understand that. and knowing your own history of violence helps me to understand where you're coming from, too.

you see, it's easy to make assumptions about others when we don't know the history! we all do that.

but try this. try to see cops and troops as individuals, not as a sum of their parts. when you look at the world vs. the christians (meaning the ones who really strive to serve our Lord), we are vastly outnumbered. of course that's going to remain true of law enforcement and military as well. but there are individuals who sincerely love the Lord who serve Him AND serve in military and law enforcement positions. they're human, but they're not all BAD humans. and regardless of the morality of the machine they work for, that doesn't mean they aren't used by God to serve His purpose and bring glory to Him.

it's kinda like school teachers.... you can't judge them by the union they're members of. there are some very good, loving, christian school teachers out there who are forced to financially contribute to a union that serves the world... serves satan's agenda.

that's the way it is with cops and troops. when i lived in vegas, there was a cop who was killed in the line of duty while responding to a domestic violence call. he went there to protect the life of a woman who was getting beaten, and ended up being shot by the husband. his legacy, though, what he was known for, was for witnessing... to colleagues, to victims, and to criminals... about the Lord. his funeral was huge. the memorial was held at one of the town's mega-churches (not a fan of mega-churches by the way), and the processional had hundreds of cops, firemen, and other first responders in it. the memorial service was televised, so i was able to watch it from home. it lasted for HOURS, as one by one, people came to the front to testify of how his witness had impacted their lives.

i'm sorry you haven't met any cops like that. but they do exist! and they exist in the positions they are in to bring glory and honor to God. God puts them in those positions.... God directs them to take up arms and protect lives, but to minister also to souls.

so when you look at cops, try to see them as people. some are going to be genuine Christians. others are going to be behave like the scum of the earth.... just like in every other walk of life.

having been convicted of a violent crime, it's admirable that you have chosen not to ever use violence again. and see, that's WHY God has called you to be a pacifist. because to NOT be a pacifist could jeopardize your walk with Him.

but don't let your history, and what God has called you to be in your life, color your opinion of others whom God has called differently.

Thank you for the kind words. I will prayerfully consider all you have said.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

one last thing. is it just a gun thing? or are you also opposed to someone using their physical body to protect an innocent? for example, if a pedophile was caught assaulting a child, would you have the same problem with the christian who slammed him up against a wall to get him off the child?

I don't like guns at all, so I won't even pretend I do. as for the rest, well....I just don't know. The bible says whatever is not of Faith is sin, so I guess it would depend on the heart of the christian( which only God can Judge the Heart). Guns however have 1 purpose, they were created for one purpose....to maim, to kill and to destroy, and that is not how we are instructed to live. No LadyC I don't like Guns.

Interesting, again how does this apply to law enforcement and military?

God bless,

GE

Law enforcement and the military live and are guided by worldly standards. We on the other hand are suppose to be guided by God and by Peace. Their is suppose to be a difference in how we deal and handle things compared to the rest of the world. I don't expect the worldly police or military to live according to biblical standards. Besides I've had bad experiences with cops, and don't hold them in real high regard. IMO most cops I have ever had to deal with have had a God complex and think their justified no matter what they do.

so david lived and was guided by worldly standards?

hmmmm.... that contradicts what God says.

I didn't say david now did I. this is why I stopped posting in this thread, no matter what I say it will INTENTIONALLY be perverted to something I didn't mean.

When did you stop posting on this thread?  :cool2:

9/5/2014

That wasn't perverted. To say that it was ok for king David to own and use weapons-but not us, is a double standard. You may not realize it-and may not believe it, but it is. The God of the old Testament is the same God of the New Testament-and if we were to throw away the old testament He would have told us. He didn't-the Old testament and the new testament cannot have contradictory teachings-otherwise, the Bible would not be infallible.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

you have been. over and over. if God called you to be a pacifist, be it without reservation. but quit inferring that those who would protect lives are 'worldly' and 'violent'.

Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Exo 22

2 If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.

this clearly says protect your home and family and God will not require your blood for his.

That wasn't perverted. To say that it was ok for king David to own and use weapons-but not us, is a double standard. You may not realize it-and may not believe it, but it is. The God of the old Testament is the same God of the New Testament-and if we were to throw away the old testament He would have told us. He didn't-the Old testament and the new testament cannot have contradictory teachings-otherwise, the Bible would not be infallible.

Exo 22

2 If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.

this clearly says protect your home and family and God will not require your blood for his.

hey guys, thanks.... but let's ease up on him a bit. i don't know if ya'll have finished reading the exchanges between firestorm and me yet, but his past has given him a pretty solid reason for thinking as he does... but he's also said he's willing to prayerfully consider the points made for self defense. it's time, i think, to leave this between him and the Holy Spirit to sort through.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Exo 22

hey guys, thanks.... but let's ease up on him a bit. i don't know if ya'll have finished reading the exchanges between firestorm and me yet, but his past has given him a pretty solid reason for thinking as he does... but he's also said he's willing to prayerfully consider the points made for self defense. it's time, i think, to leave this between him and the Holy Spirit to sort through.

ok, Lady C, sorry Firestormx.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Exo 22

I've been following your exchanges here pretty good. I even respect where he's coming from. However I do not agree with them. And if he doesn't want people voicing their disagreement then he needs to leave the conversation like he said he was. If he says he's don't but keeps throwing out remarks like the last one I replied to then he should not get angry when people continue to converse with him. I'm not trying to be mean but that's how it is.