IGNORED

Was Jesus crucified on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?

justfaith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Alan Hales.

No, it doesn't! READ IT AGAIN ... CAREFULLY!

Mark 16:1-11 (KJV)

1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. 2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. 3 And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre? 4 And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great. 5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted. 6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. 7 But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you. 8 And they went out quickly, and fled from the sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: neither said they any thing to any man; for they were afraid.

9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week (Greek: , he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils. 10 And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept. 11 And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

Note that the word "day" is in italics in verse 9! The word "day" is not in the Greek text at all in that verse!

9 Anastas de prooi prootee sabbatou efanee prooton Maria tee Magdeleenee, par' hees ekbebleekei hepta daimonia.

9 Anastas = 9 Having-risen
de = but
prooi = early
prootee = on-first
sabbatou = of-week
efanee = He-appeared
prooton = first
Maria = to-Miryam/to-Mary
tee = the
Magdeleenee, = Magdelene,
par' = from
hees = whom
ekbebleekei = He-had-cast-out
hepta = seven
daimonia. = demons/lesser-gods.

That can apply to Sunday NIGHT which comes BEFORE Sunday morning! He was already GONE at sunrise!

You have to know when the translators put words in for clarification, Otherwise verses like Mk 16: 9 wouldn't make sense. But whatever way, Jesus rose on a Sunday. And you can't get the third day from Wednesday or Thursday to Sunday. So whatever way, You are wrong.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  369
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

I have found, through study, and interaction with people, that the real issue is not so much the phrase three days and three nights, but a misconception of what the text means when it connects those words to the words of "in the heart of the earth".  I have found that the faulty apriori is in assuming that the phrase "in the heart of the earth" only means in the tomb/grave.  It doesn't mean that, not in any place in scripture.  Once this phrase is studied in the context of Jesus' words in connection to Jonas/Jonah, and the prophetic type there, then we can go back and know where to begin said 'time'.  It all lines up perfectly once that misunderstood phrase in its context is understood properly.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  369
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

5 minutes ago, Alan Hales said:

You have to know when the translators put words in for clarification, Otherwise verses like Mk 16: 9 wouldn't make sense. But whatever way, Jesus rose on a Sunday. And you can't get the third day from Wednesday or Thursday to Sunday. So whatever way, You are wrong.

As far as I know, from past experience with Gerhard, he doesn't believe that Jesus was resurrected on 'the first [day] of the week'.  As far as my interaction with him (over and over in various places) is that he teaches a 'sabbath (7th day) resurrection', which is in error.

Edited by ShinyGospelShoes

10 hours ago, gerhard eber said:

Mark 16:9, "Now WHEN Jesus WAS RISEN, He, early on the First Day, APPEARED..."

"was risen" is an Adjectival Adverbial Participle Aorist Active telling HOW Jesus was and HOW Jesus acted: "RISEN" / "as The Resurrected".

There is NO Verb '~rose~'; the Verb of the sentence is, "he appeared" - "ephaneh" Indicative Passive Aorist, 'he was shown'. 

He had to have raised BEFORE "he was shown risen", or BEFORE "he appeared risen".

Stop twisting the Greek, and the Bible. You have put the comer in the wrong place. It should read, "Now when Jesus was risen early on the first day of the week".. And NOT the way you put it. The thing with you false teachers, is, because you start with an error, You have to keep giving errors, Because you know the truth will prove you wrong.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

19 minutes ago, Alan Hales said:

Please write in English.

All that matters are the text references.

2 minutes ago, Alan Hales said:

Stop twisting the Greek, and the Bible. You have put the comer in the wrong place. It should read, "Now when Jesus was risen early on the first day of the week".. And NOT the way you put it. The thing with you false teachers, is, because you start with an error, You have to keep giving errors, Because you know the truth will prove you wrong.

The way you have it here says and means 100% what my way of putting it says and means. The KJV and my rendering 100% agree. It is you who attach a twisted view to the KJV.

But the Greek, GOD IS WITNESS AND JUDGE, and I will say with Tyndale, may God take away my part in Jesus Christ if in one place I have twisted His Holy Word to suit my own preferences. 

Sir, I tell you here and now, I have ALL GREEK SCHOLARSHIP WHICH I RELY ON; you, have NONE. Sir, I witness here and now against you, that the GREEK AND GOD even above all Greek scholarship, allow and support my rendering and disallow and expose your rendition for the MASSIVE FAKE AND FRAUD UNDER SERVITUDE OF SUNDAY SACREDNESS IT IS. 

It is incidents like this, that make me believe how very real the Sabbath is a mark and sign that the LORD is one's GOD... OR NOT.  

40 minutes ago, Alan Hales said:

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said: Note that the word "day" is in italics in verse 9! The word "day" is not in the Greek text at all in that verse!

Ah what a waste to argue with such ignorance... You, Retrobyter don't know a thing! The word day is there as though it is written, but you can't see it because of your total ignorance. 

Edited by gerhard eber

43 minutes ago, ShinyGospelShoes said:

I have found, through study, and interaction with people, that the real issue is not so much the phrase three days and three nights, but a misconception of what the text means when it connects those words to the words of "in the heart of the earth".  I have found that the faulty apriori is in assuming that the phrase "in the heart of the earth" only means in the tomb/grave.  It doesn't mean that, not in any place in scripture.  Once this phrase is studied in the context of Jesus' words in connection to Jonas/Jonah, and the prophetic type there, then we can go back and know where to begin said 'time'.  It all lines up perfectly once that misunderstood phrase in its context is understood properly.

How very encouraging to see you write sense for once. Thank you and God bless you.

6 hours ago, ShinyGospelShoes said:

As far as I know, from past experience with Gerhard, he doesn't believe that Jesus was resurrected on 'the first [day] of the week'.  As far as my interaction with him (over and over in various places) is that he teaches a 'sabbath (7th day) resurrection', which is in error.

I think you are right about Gerhard

5 hours ago, gerhard eber said:

How very encouraging to see you write sense for once. Thank you and God bless you.

The "Heart of the earth", Is the underworld, Rom 10: 7. Eph 4: 9. And in the case of Jesus, He went to Hell, "Hades". Acts 2: 27--31. [While His body was in the tomb, "Mnemeion". Matt 27: 59--60].

Then when He was made alive in His Spirit, 1 Pet 3: 18, Jesus went into He;;, "Tartraus", to proclaim His victory over Spiritual death and hell, "Hades", To the fallen angels, 1 Pet 3: 19.  2 Pet 2: 4 Jude 6.Then Jesus went to Abraham's bosom to preach to the Old Testament departed righteous. 1 Pet 4: 6. The Jesus went up and into His body that was in the tomb, "Mnemeion".