• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Welcome to Worthy. This is the welcome forum. After 5 posts you can post in the rest of the forums.

Tell us a bit about yourself?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, Thank you.  I'm 43 years old, work in the arts and am questioning the value of faith at this moment in my life.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Louis

WElcome to Worthy & God Bless yoU!

Hebrews 11:1King James Version (KJV)

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/09/1982

Hebrews 11-1

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

Oops...I just repeated what sis Kwikphilly had just stated:)

Blessings:)

Edited by Starry

Thank you everyone very much for your replies.   Kwiphilly and Starry- this has kind of what my doubt has been about lately.  I hear a lot of people equating "Faith" to "Hope" but they really aren't the same at all.  I mean, we never say "I hope there is a heaven," we say "I have faith there is a heaven."  We never say, "I hope Jesus walked on the water," we say "I have Faith that Jesus walked on the water. One is a statement of fact the other isn't.  Which is right? Thanks again everyone.  

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

If you find your faith dwindling, lean on Christ and He will see you through. He has enough faith for everyone. Trying to do it on your own is where people fail. We need Jesus.

Hi OneLight.  Nice to meet you and thank you for your reply.  What do you mean by "Jesus has enough faith for everyone?"

• Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/02/1961

Hi Louis. Hebrews 11:1 says "Now faith is the assurance (confirmation, title deed) of the things we hope for, being the proof of things we do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].  Faith is knowing without actually seeing.  Many atheists have faith in the big bang theory.  I see creation all around me, in the renewal of every life form and how it all starts out as a seed and so it is easy for me to have faith that life came through the creator God.  Atheists, who have no proof whatsoever that any destruction ever brought forth life, have faith in an explosion causing some kind of amoeba that grew up into dinosaurs, men, trees, plants, every kind of life form, springing from this one massive explosion.  I find that really much harder to believe. So I guess faith is what you believe although you have no actual sighting or proof of that which you believe in. My faith isn't even my own, it's a gift from God Himself proving His real person to my spirit. If that makes any sense at all.  I know that He is because I have felt His presence, I have seen His works, I have gloried in His love.  I have been saved by His grace.  P.S. Read Hebrews 11 in the amplified bible if you can.  It helps us to understand our faith.

Edited by heartprint

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Faith is the substance of things unseen and the evidence of things hoped for so faith and hope are related terms.

Faith is the substance of things unseen. What does this mean? I have come to understand that it means that the realm of the spirit can be seen by that which hears, believes and acts upon that which it speaks to through the spirit as heard through the heart of people.

I have had things leading and guiding me my whole life. Recently I learned of this fact and have begun a deeper pursuit of relationship with that which is of God. My works manifest profess my faith in tgat which speaks to me through my heart. That manifestation is evidence of that which cannot be seen and my faith in it.

Clear as mud!!!