Warrior777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

I'm not trying to hurt feelings. However, in questions of doctrine I am primarily concerned with scripture more than feelings when seeking truth.

What you are concerned with is your interpretation of Scripture and promoting your views. At least that's the way it is coming across to me. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you. Is truth without love of any value?

For me this is a simple subject.

See, that's the thing. It's not a simple subject. Marriage isn't a simple subject. Divorce isn't a simple subject. It's very personal to a lot of people on these forums. Many people have been divorced or have close friends/relatives that have gone through it.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

If this is occurring then the husband should be in jail, right? In today's society it is not hard to get a domestic assault charge and conviction. Is it? 

And sure, separation can be an option. Although specifics matter, and the wife is suppose to be submissive...not defiant. However, we have laws that protect her from physical harm. So I do not see a separation as necessary, if it is, then once again he would be in jail.

Again, it's not so black and white. Yes, that's what should be done. An abusive man should go to jail. But what if there are kids involved? Or what if the wife refuses to press charges? Or what if she says she will and the husband threatens to kill her yet she tells nobody? Or what if the husband is a police officer and there's complications with getting him arrested/convicted? Or if the husband does go to jail now the family has no income and the wife/mom is essentially relegated to a single mom with 5 kiddos...?

These are all examples I personally know of from real people facing real heartache. Again, it's not a simple subject.

My concern with your words and tone is that others reading this will also be hurt further.

God made marriage to be beautiful. Because of sin divorce is horrible. Just be careful when you make generalized statements and how you use Scripture as you may be hurting the victim(s) further.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Complicated subject.

The ultimate will of God is the ideal wherein we do not sin

and do everything according to his ideal, ultimate

(therefore uncomplicated) will.

That would be the Garden of Eden...

That would be eternity in heaven...

...not life on this fallen world.

The longer I live, the more God's Word in my heart echoes

with his compassion and dealing with that which is not ideal.

Face it, he could have said in Eden, "You blew it, Adams Family!"

And he could have tossed them and earth into the lake of fire at

that point and been totally justified in doing so!

But he had compassion. He had a much bigger plan in mind.

Now you can (and people have) judge and accuse people for any

number of sins and moral failures. You can make divorce the 2nd

unpardonable sin. You can stone the woman caught in the act of

adultery (John 8).

Or...

You can take God's lead... you can take Jesus' lead and forgive, seek

salvation, healing, cleansing... and in the process realize God in Christ

forgave you (and me) a million times over for just as egregious sins or worse

divorce / remarriage.

Yes the Bible can condemn and accuse us all to hell a million times over. But the

point of Grace is not our righteousness or justice, but mercy and his imputed righteousness

through his sacrificial forgiveness.

I can curse myself for looking at a woman's legs  lustfully (Matthew 5:27-30) note well the subject involves going to hell.

I can curse women for going about biblically naked in public (Isaiah 47:1-3 / Leviticus 18:8) which prompted Hillel to condemn women who showed even their legs before men who were not their husband (even if accidentally) of a divorceable offense / adultery... A teaching which Jesus was answering with Matthew 5:27-30 not refuting Hillel just reminding Hillel of Job 31:1-13.

Or...

2 Corinthians 3:6 (KJV)
6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Romans 7:6 (KJV)
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Galatians 3:24-28 (KJV)
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 2:28-29 (KJV)
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

"Oh what a wonderful world it would be without exposed females or lusting males..." right?

Nope!

This world is fallen, it will burn, there will always be something or someone or billions of someones making it the most hell a believer will ever know. And while the Spirit of God is spreading the Gospel of Christ and there are his ministers (all believers) remaining, the world will be the most heaven unbelievers will ever know.

But it is still not a wonderful world!

And we must stop trying to make it one.

If we did what we were supposed to be doing (performing our individual ministries according to our calling and spiritual gifts) like those who preceded us in America (who came to evangelize the New World) only then will the collateral result be a better world... temporarily at best because prosperity breed corruption / turning the backs collectively on God and going back to the evil we began from.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

If this is occurring then the husband should be in jail, right? In today's society it is not hard to get a domestic assault charge and conviction. Is it? 

And sure, separation can be an option. Although specifics matter, and the wife is suppose to be submissive...not defiant. However, we have laws that protect her from physical harm. So I do not see a separation as necessary, if it is, then once again he would be in jail.

Again, it's not so black and white. Yes, that's what should be done. An abusive man should go to jail. But what if there are kids involved? Or what if the wife refuses to press charges? Or what if she says she will and the husband threatens to kill her yet she tells nobody? Or what if the husband is a police officer and there's complications with getting him arrested/convicted? Or if the husband does go to jail now the family has no income and the wife/mom is essentially relegated to a single mom with 5 kiddos...?

These are all examples I personally know of from real people facing real heartache. Again, it's not a simple subject.

My concern with your words and tone is that others reading this will also be hurt further.

God made marriage to be beautiful. Because of sin divorce is horrible. Just be careful when you make generalized statements and how you use Scripture as you may be hurting the victim(s) further.

God bless,

GE

These are reasons divorce isn't a very good answer either. It's a bad situation no matter what. We need justice and should demand it. There are big problems with all of this, no doubt. That's what may make it seem so complicated. I'm sorry, my opinion is scripture shouldn't be violated or ignored.

These are the scriptures I see regarding remarriage after divorce. I understand the society we live in. We all know the divorce rate. The fact is everyone in the U.S. might know of more remarriages than singular ones, depends but possibly. This is a major problem. In my opinion, it has become a compromised situation because scripture and Godliness and honor and sacredness and repentance and obedience to God have been compromised.

I'm against that. I just am. I also wish more were. I wish people would fight for their families. The truth is most everyone is a mess everywhere and have trouble living with themselves let alone others. People certainly have hard hearts and troubles with lust, selfishness, violence, etc. But we should not compromise the will of God given through scriptures anymore, that's why our culture is a mess. Should we?

I also hate divorce!!! and violence!

That being said, I am sorry for those living in harmful situations and love, pray, and hope for them. There is help!!! God will deliver them. They must continue in faith, hope, and love. But acknowledge, confess, and repent if they are living in sin. They must seek God diligently and He will reward them beyond anything they can imagine. They must fight the good fight. It is worth it. God will save them. The battle is the Lord's but the victory is ours.  

Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Follow the scriptures not your heart. Our hearts can deceive us. Obey the Lord. This should be heeded above all else. We should not compromise our faith because we do not want to continue. 

Above all else, rather than bring condemnation I hope to talk someone out of divorce because they are weary and want to throw in the towel and have a redo. The world encourages this action, will, and behavior.

Okay. So this is not to redefine the Law. It is rather a matter of facing the truth about what is going on down here. For example, confessing to God that we are sinners. If we are divorced and remarried that we DID sin. And then to seek out his forgiveness...

1 John 2:7-8 (KJV)
7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

1 John 2:15-17 (KJV)
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 John 2:1-2 (KJV)
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 1:5-10 (KJV)
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Make that confession only to God (Psalm 51:1-4). James says to confess one to another but that is in general and in accord with 1 John 1:10 denying we are sinners and acting all pious and sanctimonious (hypocritical). You can hear how much God hates this in the confrontations of Jesus with the Sanhedrin...

People cannot handle the details of their own sins... and they are typically especially poor at handling the details of the sins of others... make your confessions to God (who knows what you did already anyway and loves you despite it all).

Complicated subject.

The ultimate will of God is the ideal wherein we do not sin

and do everything according to his ideal, ultimate

(therefore uncomplicated) will.

That would be the Garden of Eden...

That would be eternity in heaven...

...not life on this fallen world.

The longer I live, the more God's Word in my heart echoes

with his compassion and dealing with that which is not ideal.

Face it, he could have said in Eden, "You blew it, Adams Family!"

And he could have tossed them and earth into the lake of fire at

that point and been totally justified in doing so!

But he had compassion. He had a much bigger plan in mind.

Now you can (and people have) judge and accuse people for any

number of sins and moral failures. You can make divorce the 2nd

unpardonable sin. You can stone the woman caught in the act of

adultery (John 8).

Or...

You can take God's lead... you can take Jesus' lead and forgive, seek

salvation, healing, cleansing... and in the process realize God in Christ

forgave you (and me) a million times over for just as egregious sins or worse

divorce / remarriage.

Yes the Bible can condemn and accuse us all to hell a million times over. But the

point of Grace is not our righteousness or justice, but mercy and his imputed righteousness

through his sacrificial forgiveness.

What about repentance and obedience? Shall we erase those words from scripture and tickle each others ears?

Okay. So this is not to redefine the Law. It is rather a matter of facing the truth about what is going on down here. For example, confessing to God that we are sinners. If we are divorced and remarried that we DID sin. And then to seek out his forgiveness...

1 John 2:7-8 (KJV)

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

1 John 2:15-17 (KJV)

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 John 2:1-2 (KJV)

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 1:5-10 (KJV)

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Make that confession only to God (Psalm 51:1-4). James says to confess one to another but that is in general and in accord with 1 John 1:10 denying we are sinners and acting all pious and sanctimonious (hypocritical). You can hear how much God hates this in the confrontations of Jesus with the Sanhedrin...

People cannot handle the details of their own sins... and they are typically especially poor at handling the details of the sins of others... make your confessions to God (who knows what you did already anyway and loves you despite it all).

Your talking about confession and forgiveness and love. The question is, "Is remarriage okay after divorce?"

Is your answer sure it is... even if it really kind of isn't... God forgives us anyway?

But it is still not a wonderful world!

And we must stop trying to make it one.

Are you joking? We have home wrecked families everywhere. This is not good. And we must war against it. We must fight this principalities, rulers, and the rulers of darkness everywhere. No matter what. This is a Christians calling, is it not?