• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/24/1997

I'm havin some issues lately. I know readin gods word should be somethin we do everyday. I try to. But I wanna dig deeper into it, but I'm not sure how. I guess I'd just like some guidance.

Alex-

:thumbsup:

Trust

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

And

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. Luke 4:4

Eat

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Sometimes it's a good idea to look into yourself and ask, "How do I like to learn... what venues do I find most productivity in me?"

There are some great online Theology classes... free or very inexpensive.

There are study guides that you can buy at local stores or online.

Bible studies at your local church.

And some churches have mentoring programs in place for small groups or even individuals.

Hope those get you started thinking...

~t

Thanks guys. :) I'm goin to a Christian book store tomorrow, so I'm hopin I could maybe get a study of some kinda. I read my bible this morning. I tried to pray before, but I don't know what to say. As soon as I say "hey god" I'm lost for words.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Thanks guys. :) I'm goin to a Christian book store tomorrow, so I'm hopin I could maybe get a study of some kinda. I read my bible this morning. I tried to pray before, but I don't know what to say. As soon as I say "hey god" I'm lost for words.

talk to him just like you are talking to us in words...   tell him what's on your mind and ask him for any input..   it's kind of awkward in the beginning but it gets easier as time goes on....

also we all learn differently.   I'm an auditory learner so I listen to the Bible more than I read it...   you use a different part of your brain to process sound and sometimes things jump out at you that doesn't seem to be there reading.....   at least it's that way with me.

you can get a mp3 version of the whole Bible at scorby.com for about $20. at http://scourby.com/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I like this site for study subjects.  They have classes on video also.  CHeck it out and see if it is something you can learn from.  https://bible.org/

I never thought about talkin to god like I'm talkin to a friend. I always think it's got to be like really respectful and like big words or somethin. I also never thought that maybe I don't process things very well when I read it. So maybe a audio thing might help. :) thanks

I never thought about talkin to god like I'm talkin to a friend. I always think it's got to be like really respectful and like big words or somethin. I also never thought that maybe I don't process things very well when I read it. So maybe a audio thing might help. :) thanks

We come to God as we are... and He accepts us as we are; this is what real love is about.

So pray however you want to and keep in mind that He is also Creator of all things, Most Holy and Sovereign. (A Perfect Being, capable of loving lil' wretches like us).

"Hey God, I'm at a loss for words and don't even know how to pray, but I want to learn... so until then, be with me and guide me, teach me

how to recognize that you're with me and leading. Amen"

(just a suggestion)

And audio seems like a good idea... that's what I started with too.

Edited by Teditis

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I would have to look up the scripture when I get home if necessary, But Jesus calls us his friends. Also that we can approach the throne boldly.... that is the kind of relationship I see him wanting from us.... always with the knowledge of where we come from.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Heb 4:16  Therefore let us come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.