JesusIsGod7

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I've been a Christian my entire life, Baptist at that, and have worshiped Jesus as long as I can remember. I recently watched a video that basically said that according to Protestantism, I've been a blasphemer the whole time. In the video he claimed "Protestantism declares that Jesus' soul has nothing to do with why Jesus is God, and that if you think his soul has to do with why he is God then according to Christianity you will burn in hell". Is that true?

Here's the video...

** Link removed**

Edited by ncn
All videos must be posted in the appropriate video forum for approval first.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Jesus is very God Himself, my redeemer and soon coming King. I cannot waste time with some of these people who talk just to be controversial and get attention. They do great harm to a young/ new believer. If it is not in the Bible don't pay attention to the teaching. If you are questioning the teaching it is the Holy Spirit Warning you to tread carefully.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

No one has been a Christian their entire life :D

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I cannot waste time with some of these people who talk just to be controversial and get attention. They do great harm to a young/ new believer.

What does even greater harm to us is people who say they "cannot waste time" with proving these people wrong, since it makes new Christians think that those controversial statements might be right. :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings JesusisGod

No,quite simply.....you are not a blasphemer........you should try your best to get well grounded & well versed in Gods Word so that you will know what is not Scriptoral and therefore,false teaching     Of course,praying Wisdom & Understanding by the Power of the Holy Spirit,as you seek nearer to God..............

Jesus,the 2nd Person of the GodHead Triune is One with the First Person of the Trinity(our Father) & the 3rd Person of the Trinity(the Holy Spirit)............Jesus Spirit therefore....would be the Holy Spirit...........Father,Son & Holy Spirit are ONE........

Hope that helps a bit                                                                           With love-in Christ,Kwik

I understand what you mean when saying you have been a Christian your entire life(at least I think I do).........I feel I was too,I was born & raised as such & after the age of reason I made a willful decision to submit myself to His Lordship and asked Him to Save my wretched self-lol...........please don't be offended by anything or take it personally,,,,it is between you & our Lord to be born again,your own,unique,individual relationship with our Jesus

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1. The guy admits that he is not a Christian, so he does not have the light or enlightenment of the Holy Spirit to understand spiritual things.

2. In us the Spirit of God resides in the soul, which constitutes self. However, I believe Jesus was fully God in Spirit and Soul; He was fully God dwelling in human flesh.

We are only told in Scripture that Col. 2:9, 1:19 NKJV for in Him dwells all the fullness of Godhead bodily. (In bodily form). For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell. And in John 1:14 And the Word became Flesh and dwelt among us.

3.I don't think that anyone burns in hell for not fully understanding this. We can never fully comprehend God or the incarnation, but we are so thankful for it.

I don't know why the guy was yelling that the soul of Jesus had nothing to do about Him being God. He seemed very confused and nervous in the video. Perhaps God was convicting him.

He was obviously trying to discredit Christianity and mock it; yet he seemed to have a little bit doctrinal teaching but he was rejecting the light he had, so I suspect his deeds are evil. John 3:19-20. Perhaps he is the one that is in danger of going to hell for blasphemy and for rejecting Christ? He does need our prayers.

I've been a Christian my entire life....

:thumbsup:

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Matthew 16:24

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Seeker
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Jesus is God because His Father chose and ordained Him as such. He became the anointed one, the chosen one, the Messiah, to come atone for our sins and help us to be clean to go live with the Father. Jesus overcame the world and inherited all that His Father has, eternal life. He inherited all the attributes and powers that His Father has. He was an heir to all of this, and we, if we are faithful, will be joint-heirs with Christ of all that the Father has.

Now whether or not that has anything to do with a "soul" is just semantics.

• Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Willa you said "I don't know why the guy was yelling that the soul of Jesus had nothing to do about him being God". So you think that what personally animated Jesus' body, Jesus' soul, does have to do with why Jesus is God?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings JesusisGod...

I have already gave my response to your question in post #5 & I realize that the "Trinity" is probably one of the most difficult things for our finite little minds to grasp but we really are not required to understand all things  & the mysteries of God,,,,,just to "believe"them...

The Holy Spirit as I have already mentioned is Jesus "Spirit"........now ,when some refer to "soul" they are referring to the mind,not the spirit,,,,,,so,perhaps we should first establish what this fellow was speaking about & "why".......everything about Jesus pointed to "why" He is God.......He has the Heart of God

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.                   John 3:16

the Mind of God

If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?                                                                 Jon 3:12

The Spirit of God

And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.                                                                                                                                                                                                         Luke 3;22

and these attributes He gives to us,to be one with Him & the Father by the Power of that Same Spirit

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

John 16:7

this is the Power that indwells k& is the Only One that can reveal these Truths to you..........God Bless you                     Love,Kwik