• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  175
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/02/1964

http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/divorceofbeliever

Couple questions divides today powerfully of believers and those things are divorce of believer and remarry. I have study this thing many years, prayed and studied, so that I could advise believers on this very painful area. Many believer are in deep wound with this matter. I have by myself, married I have never experienced divorce, but this painful matter touches heart of many peoples, and so that's why I have spend very much my time, to get find out the Bible teaching about divorce and remarry. Next I share with you my research results.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  174
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/08/1967

Based on what you've been posting, my guess is there are other reasons than your divorce, as to why various churches have rejected your quest to become a minister.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So easy to call out others isn't it?

It's people like you that make me want to leave the church and never look back.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  429
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Based on what you've been posting, my guess is there are other reasons than your divorce, as to why various churches have rejected your quest to become a minister.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So easy to call out others isn't it?

It's people like you that make me want to leave the church and never look back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, you're merely looking for an excuse to leave the church, don't use me as your scapegoat.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Now the sad part is , The Bible tells us that Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. I believe that when God put a call in your heart to preach, that calling is with you forever. But some have disqualified themselves from certain positions by bad decisions in their past. They can deal with this in two ways. They can become bitter, declaring that it is all so unfair and turn away, or they can find ways to use the talents God has given them in other areas of ministry other than pastor or deacon.

Excellent, IR! :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

Barracuda, brother I have been divorced and remarried and although I can find churches that would let me ministry in leadership I chose not to because I feel it is not in line with the scripture. Am I still saved, yes and God can and has provided ways to ministry. I would rather wait tables in service to the King than any thing else that anyone else has to offer.

God it the one you must find a way to please, not the "church". He seeks those who will worship Him in spirit and in truth. Be one of them, as I am sure you are.

I understand the question (which I have asked many times) of why are divorced people are disqualified and adulters and druggies, prostitutes, drunks, etc. are not disqualified. I mean I, in theory could of had an affair on my wife, repented and been forgiven and re-instated pretty simple..... get a divorce and it is a forever stigma...... the real question isn't whether we should be allowed to ministry in leadership roles as much as.......... why would the others be allowed to ministry in leadership roles.

Now having said that, I am tempted to be hurt by how I am treated, and indeed give up. But let me ask this, how would that bring Glory to God. And isn't that what each child of His is to be about. Doesn't matter what they do to us..... what matters is what we do for Him.... He is King eternal. So I praise God that He has justified me and give Him glory. And if I am disqualified as a leader in the church so be it, the word is pretty clear. What I really grieve about is the people who may lose out because I have been divorced....you see, it isn't about me....... it is about others. Praise God for His mercy and Grace........amen

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I am divorced was divorced for 19 years was never going to remerry told everyone the Lord would have to smake me in the face and speak with an very clear voice for me to ever remerry well He did and I have been remarried for almost 9 years to a wonderful man but neither of us are in positions of leadership, and we are not in worship or sunday school classes leadership either............

The sad part is the church has double standards... "Not in my church" is the battle cry but yet the congrgation watches The TV preachers teachers and thats ok.

Sandy Patty Amy Grant etc are in christian entertainment divorced yet are held in high esteme because the music they sing is christian and all are fogiven.

Preachers are divorced yet still preaching teachers still teaching

So it seems for the most part it does not matter

When Paul Crouch was ask why he allowed divorced people on his channel he replied that if he did not he would loose half of his programs. That is a sad statement for someone to make...............

The church can be cruel toward divorce that is true and it can make people feel like dirt , yet hold some one who brings in the money to high esteem divorced or not,

Double standard that is allowed.

Hal Lindsy has had 4 wives I do not know if he is married now or not if he is it would be his 5th wife, yet people hang on every word he says if he is talking prohecy: authority or knowledge is the standard not Gods Word......

Yet let someone divorce in the chruch and they are outcast or worse yet unworthy to be in fellowship with other outstanding christians.........A frined of mine divorced her hubby after 15 years of physical sexual and mental abuse. She was told she could no longer teach the sunday school class and she was no longer welcome in the womans prayer group. She went to another chuch just to get away from the gossip and to stop the looks and the talk about her that she and her childern heard. The pastor of her old chuch called the pastor of her new chruch and told him that she was divorced that she had gotten the divorce but did not tell him why she got it.

The new pastor called her into his office and told her of the phone call then did something that just floored the woman he told her "I AM NOT YOUR JUDGE GOD IS AND HERE YOU ARE WELCOME AND YOU ARE LOVED' And meant it............

One cituation 2 differnt responses. One judgemental one loving..........

I want to know what the average person thinks about all this hence the question and I see that it opens wounds causes strife and produces different responses to the problem................

Seems we can not even agree on this.... My why must our Lord think !!!! that is not ment to be judgemental it is just a statement of fact. What must the Lord think???

Do we hold to His Word His Standard or as some say it is all covered under the Blood of the Cross and it does not matter any more.....(for the tv preachers and teachers = they bring in money) but the commen man or woman are the ones help to the biblical standard and judged...........Kind of double standard and sad............

May not have said all that right but hope it is understandable.........

:thumbsup:

In Christ

IreneM

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I am kind of appauled at how no one has answered Baracuda's questions. I agree with him and Yod. There is not one single ounce of scripture that teaches a man that was divorced cannot preach the word of God. What Paul is addressing in 1 Timohy is the culture of the day in which men of authority (pastors) had mistresses and/or were sexually promiscuios. To add to that, many had more than one wife. What Paul is addressing is that pastors are to be committed to their wives that they have upon entering the ministry. To say otherwise, to say that if a pastor has been divorced in the past, is to bring shame upon the interpretation fo the Bible and to take the concept of Grace and basically flush it down the toilet.

It makes absolutely no sense, ESPECIALLY in Baracuda and yod's case. Even Jesus said divorce is permitted when cheat is involved. Both of these men were cheated on. Why would Christ say, "Divorce them if they're cheating" and then turn around and give the command "but you can't be a pastor now." It makes absolutely no sense. Baracude brings up an EXCELELNT point. Why do we allow former homosexuals to be preachers? Why are former pimps allowed to be preachers? Why is it you could have done anything in your former life, come to know Christ, and can now hold authority within the church...but if you were divorced, well then, forget it. Further more, where does this idea that pastors have to have perfect lives, or at least amazingly godly ones, come from? I say, the more ungodly a pastor was before they came to Christ, the better they will be as a pastor. Those who say Paul is talking about divorce are not interpreting the bible correctly at all. And guys, I'm a Southern Baptist and I'm saying this...come on now. Does anyone here understand the concept of grace?

Yod, Baracuda, if I were ever a pastor and either one of you wanted to be in my worship team or worship leaders, I would have no problem bringing you on board (course, I'd have to know both of you a little better. :thumbsup: )

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I totally agree with Super Jew. Plus..the same verses that state that he should be the husband of one wife, also state that his children should be obedient. Well..if we're going to follow the first part strictly..I guess we'll be getting rid of every pastor who's children are out of control?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

btw....I want to add that I honestly feel like the part about the disobedient children should be considered very seriously though. Like...I think that if a pastor is unable to control his children and has obvious family problems, he should step down and get his house in order.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

hmmmm, good question...............

or is it???????????

there are many things that bring people to divorce...........

some denominations it does not matter,

other denominations say no, no matter what the reasons....

and yet others say that a person can be a pastor or deacon or elder if they have been divorced but not remarried.........

yet there is even others that would say it is ok if they were divorced and remarried, but only if this took place prior to the person being saved.........

the real question is, not so much as to whether a man ( or woman ) is divorced, but who is actually teaching and preaching???? if a man is preaching / teaching, then maybe each person needs to start learning on the side using their own eyes to read the Word..... if it is a woman preaching / teaching, then i would have to say the same thing......

but

if it is the Holy Spirit Preaching / Teaching, thru a man or woman then i would say study the Word on your own too, so you will know it is the Holy Spirit leading the Preaching / Teaching......

if the Holy Spirit is not leading the lesson, then we need to be careful, but we have to be full of the Holy Spirit to know if it is the Holy Spirit that is doing the Teaching.....

so,

if the Holy Spirit is leading a person that is divorced to share with some one, who are we to stiffle the Holy Spirit??

mike