• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Amen, Suzanne. When the Scripture is so clear that a leader should be the husband of only one wife and should have his house in order, can there really be any question?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember years ago listening to Oral Roberts preach on this very subject. He said the same thing, using this scripture. However when his son Richard Roberts had an affair with a woman, divorced his wife and married this other woman, the rules seemed to change. Richard stayed in the pulpit and nothing was said. I find it disturbing that some think the rules don't apply to them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

I'm going to hit close to home with this example.

I had a friend, she was married to a pastor, she commited adultery and I assume at this point may have left that pastor and filed for divorce. So are you guys telling me that because of her sin, he is no longer fit for pastorid?

Sorry this does not settle with me at all. I tend to agree with those who say the scripture is talking about polygamy and not divorce in the afformentioned verses. To me sin is sin and repented sin is removed from us as far as the East is from the West. God does not continue to hold that sin over my head and limit my capabilities based off of it, neither should my brothers and sisters in Christ.

God Bless,

Dave

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Again, and as seen in this thread, the only belief that divorced men cannot be pastors comes from a misunderstanding and wrong reading of 1 Timothy. Jesus states that any man that has lusted after a woman has committed adultry...if we hold this to be true then how could any man be fit to be a pastor?

Again, and as seen in this thread, the only belief that divorced men cannot be pastors comes from a misunderstanding and wrong reading of 1 Timothy. Jesus states that any man that has lusted after a woman has committed adultry...if we hold this to be true then how could any man be fit to be a pastor?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!! LOL

I was just thinking about that exact same thing.

God Bless,

Dave

• Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!! LOL

I was just thinking about that exact same thing.

God Bless,

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol.

I stated in the last page i think the true meaning of the 1 Timothy verse. I do believe that if a pastor, as a pastor in the current situation, divorces due to his own adultry or he caused the divorce in some manner...he is not fit to pastor. However, to say that because a man is divorced in his past this somehow means he is married to more than one wife is ludicrious. There is no Biblical teaching for this.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/04/1959

In 1980, I married a non-Christian, I was a backslider, she cheated on me, left me, divorced me. I did not want any of it. I should have killed her (tell you why later)

18 years ago, I met a woman, of strong faith, who has been a wonderful Godly wife and mother.

I became Youth director of my Church, is 1999, but something inside was missing, after years of running denying, getting sick to point of death, I accepted my call to preach the Gospel, my pastor said, you can't preach here, but if it is Gods will, you will prosper. (see this is why I say I should have killed her, then i could have stayed in that church and preached)

Anyway to make a long story a little longer, last Dec. I was Ordained as Pastor, in a Southern Baptist Chruch, we have tripled in size, seen 13 saved, and We are talking about building a new Chruch.

I know what the word says, and it does not tell me I can't preach, it we disagree, thats fine. Man did not call me to preach and man will not stop me. God Bless you

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I should have killed her (tell you why later)... then i could have stayed in that church and preached

I seriously have doubts that God would call you to kill your wife so that you can preach in that church! :thumbsup:

I should have killed her (tell you why later)... then i could have stayed in that church and preached

I seriously have doubts that God would call you to kill your wife so that you can preach in that church! :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O,

I am pretty sure this was meant as sarcasm and used to point out that to some murder is more easily forgiven then divorce.

God Bless,

Dave

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

In 1980, I married a non-Christian, I was a backslider, she cheated on me, left me, divorced me. I did not want any of it. I should have killed her (tell you why later)

18 years ago, I met a woman, of strong faith, who has been a wonderful Godly wife and mother.

I became Youth director of my Church, is 1999, but something inside was missing, after years of running denying, getting sick to point of death, I accepted my call to preach the Gospel, my pastor said, you can't preach here, but if it is Gods will, you will prosper. (see this is why I say I should have killed her, then i could have stayed in that church and preached)

Anyway to make a long story a little longer, last Dec. I was Ordained as Pastor, in a Southern Baptist Chruch, we have tripled in size, seen 13 saved, and We are talking about building a new Chruch.

I know what the word says, and it does not tell me I can't preach, it we disagree, thats fine. Man did not call me to preach and man will not stop me. God Bless you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know about divorced pastors ,but I'm pretty sure the Lord doesn't approve of killing.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I seriously have doubts that God would call you to kill your wife so that you can preach in that church! :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O,

I am pretty sure this was meant as sarcasm and used to point out that to some murder is more easily forgiven then divorce.

God Bless,

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh.......I didn't get it. :noidea::thumbsup: