• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings creativemechanic,,,,,

Welcome to Worthy...............well,that depends on whether you are temporal or eternal minded,carnal or spiritual and your relationship with God in Christ......................Paul addresses these matters in Corinthians,Paul says that it would be great if everyone could be like him,,,,not content in all things,,,that is out of context but lets just say it plainly.............the desires of the flesh can be a distraction for the carnal minded & rather than have to contend with that it would be better for that man to have a wife..................

If a person does not feel complete in Jesus Christ then they are not complete,,,,,,the best union between two people are when 2 people are "complete",,,,not 2 halves make a whole,From the beginning God intended man to have a mate & His Plan was put into place,,,,,,,the account given is for us simple minded humans to understand God created everything & everyone etc....Can anyone dare to limit God so much to think He said"Oops,now what?I had better make a mate for this man I made?"God new everyone BEFORE the foundations of the earth were laid,,,,,,,Adam & Eve were supposed to populate

I guess I don;t get what you are saying .......Is your beef with people or with our Lord?And please don't take that the wrong way,I mean no offense,,,,,,I ask genuinely because I care how you feel ...      Our God is a God that loves us with Agape love,His love is ALL we can ever need but our flesh wars with our spirit & He understands that and has made every Provision for us,,,,,,,,,,Again,it is different depending on the individual................but Joy does not COME FROM another person,,,it comes from God,,,,,yet He adds happiness & other great gifts to those that love Him............for His Glory                            With love-in Christ,Kwik

The annoyance isnt with God but  with people. Simply iv been asked when i  say id like a spouse or tired of being single  that ,if i didnt get married  shouldnt having Jesus be enough. Which imo is not a really accurate thing to say and it actually makes it seem as if im 'wrong"for  wanting  a mate or spouse- something  that is acknowledged as desirable or good in scripture  several times.

Were made to be social and wanting a person to share your life with is perfectly normal, non sinful desire so making a person who wants that in their life seem like theyre being wrong is imo insensitive ESPECIALLY if the person saying it has a spouse of their own.

I know not all people will want to be married and thats on them, nothing wrong there, but you shouldnt try to make it out as if im wrong for wanting it

in response

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

ing James Bible

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Okay,,,,,,,so Adam was to name the animals and..................

20 And Adam †gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. 21 And the Lord God caused a pdeep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;     Genesis 2:20-21

Friend,this is how the Scriptures read without twisting the words,not adding ,subtracting or using synonyms or replacing the words you choose to to change the context.......firsty,Scriptures are not to be read out of context,by taking these 3 with disregard to the account in its entirety,,,,,,,that is hoe we have misinterpretations,,,,,having said that,this is probably a conversation that will go nowhere,,,but....

Because Gods Word is saying that no suitable help meet was yet created does not mean that God brought the animals to Adam thinking perhaps he would choose one of them as a mate??????Or that God said,,...."Ooops,back to the drawing board",,,,seriously??

God already knew what He was going to do,,,,,but thats beside the point because you cannot even comprehend that God is Omnipotent,Omniscient,Infinite and not bound by space or time,,,,,,,Giving Eve to Adam was not because Adam could not be complete with God alone,you cannot miss what you do not even know or never had but because He loves His child Adam & Eve is a Blessing,a plus,added unto him,,,,,,,                                                                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings creativemechanic

I do hope you meant "you" in general when you said......

but you shouldnt try to make it out as if im wrong for wanting it
in response

because "I" personally would not even think that or say that to you or anyone else,,,,,,,but honestly,I do not think you were addressing me specifically...........

Thanks for clarifying "your beef"-lol    I agree with you 100%,there is nothing wrong with a mans desire of his heart to be for a wife,,,,not at all & as I said,,,,"it really depends on the individual".If you are a Christian man that is complete in Christ & you would like to married then it will be an added Blessing to have a good woman for your wife,,,,,,,,that doesn't mean you are not filled with the Joy of our Lord,are you?People can be completely fulfilled with our Lord & not "needing" a spouse ,,,,wanting & needing is 2 different things,perhaps you would like children,a family?There is nothing wrong with that if that is what you would like,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The person that truly believes they need a spouse to be happy is the one that I would be concerned for,,,,,,,,,,,,you should be joyful until ,in Gods Perfect time,He will Bless you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,& that much MORE will be added to you        make sense?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I was talking to a friend about wanting to be married, to which they commented- if i werent ever married, wouldnt having Jesus be enough? To me that statement really isnt accurate and is annoying to hear people tell others.

Have you ever noticed that such responses like that tend to  come from married people or people who are in a relationship?  They have their blessing and somehow you wanting the same thing is seen as being dissatisfied with Jesus??

I have always been turned off by that as well, because it assumes that your desire for a spouse is almost seen as if you denying the sufficiency of Christ.  God hardwired people to be relational.  You shouldn't have to choose between a spouse and Jesus.  No one else who is married every feels that they had to make that kind of choice and so I think it is rather condescending of them to suggest that your dissatisfaction with being single is somehow a reflection on your relationship with Christ. 

So yeah, I totally get the annoyance you mentioned.

TRUE DAT.  Maybe we can ask if theyd willingly give up all they have for a life of solitude and see their response

I think the whole argument has no purpose.

I was single. I loved Jesus, I am married, I still love Jesus.

Having Jesus and Him being enough, has nothing to do with being married or not. I have Jesus, I am married and He is enough.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

I think the whole argument has no purpose.

I was single. I loved Jesus, I am married, I still love Jesus.

Having Jesus and Him being enough, has nothing to do with being married or not. I have Jesus, I am married and He is enough.

The words," I once was lost, but now am found",,,, come to mind. 

Amazing Grace !

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

God DID create Eve for Adam and told them to be fruitful and multiply. 

Our two sons are in their mid to late 30's and neither have married.  Our two daughters have married.

But the concept of Jesus / God  being 'enough' -- well -- for Some singleness isn't a problem.   For others it Is.  God leads people together or Not. 

Our younger son felt led to be in 'ministry' -- however, he Also felt that since one of the qualifications For ministry is to be husband of a wife.  Since he's been single -- he Hoped that during Bible college that God would lead him to a young lady.  He was interested in one or two -- but nothing ever came of that.  He also is trying to survive on a p/t job -- two jobs didn't pan out very well.   For one reason or another employees don't like to be around guys with morals.   But he also is legally  blind in one eye which disqualifies him for certain kinds of jobs. 

Kinda like the people who tell the 'poor folk' that money isn't everything -- God will take care of them.  Spoken by those who Have a good job and a nice house, etc. 

And, yes, it Is those who are in good marriages  that Have their 'needs' being met.  Good point. 

It's Possible that those from a RCC system of belief -- men who devote themselves to God / women who become nuns.  They are 'married' to God ..... but.......

Yes, our personal relationship to God through Jesus Christ Is the most important relationship -- eternal life is at stake.   And each person Should be looking to what God would have us to do.   We develop various levels of 'relationship' as we work with / socialize with others. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Blessings creativemechanic

I do hope you meant "you" in general when you said......

but you shouldnt try to make it out as if im wrong for wanting it

in response

because "I" personally would not even think that or say that to you or anyone else,,,,,,,but honestly,I do not think you were addressing me specifically...........

Thanks for clarifying "your beef"-lol    I agree with you 100%,there is nothing wrong with a mans desire of his heart to be for a wife,,,,not at all & as I said,,,,"it really depends on the individual".If you are a Christian man that is complete in Christ & you would like to married then it will be an added Blessing to have a good woman for your wife,,,,,,,,that doesn't mean you are not filled with the Joy of our Lord,are you?People can be completely fulfilled with our Lord & not "needing" a spouse ,,,,wanting & needing is 2 different things,perhaps you would like children,a family?There is nothing wrong with that if that is what you would like,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The person that truly believes they need a spouse to be happy is the one that I would be concerned for,,,,,,,,,,,,you should be joyful until ,in Gods Perfect time,He will Bless you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,& that much MORE will be added to you        make sense?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

It was in general

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

1 Timothy 4:3 ...."They forbid people to marry"...your bible says don't marry... 1 Corinthians 7:25-28, 1 Corinthians 7: 32-35 ....so not my words/conscience...so the only doctrines of devils and conscience seared with a hot iron would be the words from your own bible. 

Proverbs 18:22...or is marrying good. The contradictory god.

would you please clarify what you are saying, I'm not sure I understand. It sounds like your saying the the words of the bible are a doctrine of devils. Thank you in advance for clarifying. 

He is a well known spammer and has been banned.

Your right on it Fez!!!!!What we do without you guys?   Thank you,Worthy Team!!!!!!God Bless you!

With love,Kwik

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

1 Timothy 4:3 ...."They forbid people to marry"...your bible says don't marry... 1 Corinthians 7:25-28, 1 Corinthians 7: 32-35 ....so not my words/conscience...so the only doctrines of devils and conscience seared with a hot iron would be the words from your own bible. 

Proverbs 18:22...or is marrying good. The contradictory god.

would you please clarify what you are saying, I'm not sure I understand. It sounds like your saying the the words of the bible are a doctrine of devils. Thank you in advance for clarifying. 

He is a well known spammer and has been banned.

Ok, Thanks for letting me know.