Burning_Ember

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

I've seen speculation that there will not be an indictment, hence the preparation, but there is really no way to tell at this time. Leaked information indicates the decision was reached on November 10th, but has not been released or announced yet. The National Guard has deployed, among other things, 4 helicopters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/11/us-usa-missouri-shooting-idUSKCN0IU27220141111

Guest shiloh357

There is no need for any kind of indictment.  All of available evidence proves that the police officer's narrative is true and the so-called "eye witnesses" lied about the events.  There is nothing legitimate to protest.   The police officer acted in genuine self-defense and was not race-motivated in his actions.    Most of the protesters are even from Ferguson, MO.  They come in from other parts of the country. 

We'll have to see what the grand jury says.

If the grand jury doesn't indict, that's going to mean some serious riots, and I doubt it will just be contained to Ferguson.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I see this going bad either way-if the indict, then they didn't do so for justice but rather to avoid a riot-which means, the next time an officer acts to protect themself, they wont be able to-because they will know that no matter what they do, the bad guys will win, and people will get hurt. If they don't indict-the officer gets a free pass, but now we have a massive riot, and martial law being imposed-which doesn't just punish the rioters but everyone in that town and others, that had no part of it, and many people getting hurt. I see this as a no win situation.

Guest shiloh357

We'll have to see what the grand jury says.

If the grand jury doesn't indict, that's going to mean some serious riots, and I doubt it will just be contained to Ferguson.

It is too bad that these mindless protesters can't seem to see past their own racism and prejudice that they would want an indictment on a white police officer who was only defending himself from a doped up moron.  

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Whether there is an indictment or not I think there would be riots. Racial tension is fostered by this administration.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Whether there is an indictment or not I think there would be riots. Racial tension is fostered by this administration.

and it is well planned at that.

from what I read, they are arming themselves and the people there may not tolerate the rioters...   if they have reached that level, a lot of people may die.  Personally I would not stand by and let them burn my house or business..   It's really sad to see things come to this kind of situation.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

and it is well planned at that.

from what I read, they are arming themselves and the people there may not tolerate the rioters...   if they have reached that level, a lot of people may die.  Personally I would not stand by and let them burn my house or business..   It's really sad to see things come to this kind of situation.

Agreed

If people start shooting protesters, that will make things get really big. Imagine for a moment if Kent State happened today, when all the social media and ability to rapidly organize activists exists.

Guest shiloh357

If people start shooting protesters, that will make things get really big. Imagine for a moment if Kent State happened today, when all the social media and ability to rapidly organize activists exists.

Well the protestors if the protestors start damaging people's property and businesses, they deserve what they get.  No one would blame anyone for defending their property in any way they needed to. 

Besides, you really can't compare this to Kent State. Completely different context.