IGNORED

Pastors vow not to officiate at gov't marriages

Guest Judas Machabeus

Marriage is just a bit of paper anyway. It's the covenant with God that counts.

I agree!

Also as ponder what is going on, it seems to me we are moving back towards what the 1st century Christian faced. Now we don't have world wide persecutions going on. But we do have it in the Middle East. And slowly its becoming illegal to be a Christian. For example: if you don't perform a so called gay marriage you will face legal conciquences. Your HHS is forcing Christian companies to provide "health care" coverage that is contray to Christian believes ( abortifacients and contraceptives). Again under threat of fines.

So far it is far more suttle than the first century, but it is moving in that direction.

Edited by Judas Machabeus

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Marriage is just a bit of paper anyway. It's the covenant with God that counts.

It's the covenant with each other that God is a witness that counts....    Marriage commitments are not between two people and God, they are between each other as God is each others witness.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

No where in the Scriptures has there ever been any other person needed to officiate the union where a man & a woman become one flesh.......as other one said"It is the committment between a man & a woman and God is each others witness"

Not between Adam & Steve or Ann & Eve..........so where the state or the pastors came into the picture is all about mans tradition anyway..............As far as the OP,good idea  I think