missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Anyone here going to participate in Black Friday tomorrow?

67fca8b37472ed310b7cc042ab18027b.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

lol not likely. I can do all my "black friday" shopping online. from the comfort of my own home without fighting all the greedy idiots at the store. That, and its kinda pointless-all the "deals" you can get on black friday, you can find other times of the year online-in fact you might find better ones if your patient. I occasionally will hit wal-mart on friday evening-just to go through the movies to see if theres anything left that id be interested in, but other then that, Im not going to fight 30,000 people over a half dozen items of questionable quality. not worth it in my book.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

lol not likely. I can do all my "black friday" shopping online. from the comfort of my own home without fighting all the greedy idiots at the store. That, and its kinda pointless-all the "deals" you can get on black friday, you can find other times of the year online-in fact you might find better ones if your patient. I occasionally will hit wal-mart on friday evening-just to go through the movies to see if theres anything left that id be interested in, but other then that, Im not going to fight 30,000 people over a half dozen items of questionable quality. not worth it in my book.

I agree.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

I use to do it but again amazon has black friday deals and I like sleeping in my warm bed. Plus this year it started at 5pm or 6pm on Thanksgiving which is a shame to me because people should be home with their famlies instead of shopping.

Guest shiloh357

Black Friday is the antithesis of everything Christmas is supposed to be about.  We have allowed the retail industry to hi-jack the holiday season and people end up turning into monsters and beating each other up over a toy or electronic device.

I can do most of my Christmas shopping at Barnes and Noble since my family are a bunch of bookworms.  I just go to one place get it all done in a couple of hours.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

I have only gone out on black Friday once, just to see what it was like. Although 2 years ago, I sent my husband out at midnight to grap a fryer, which was on sale at a great price. He said it was fun.

I live close enough to the Canadian Quebec border to get 3 Canadian TV stations. To my surprise, the Canadian news was talking about Black Friday and how Canadian stores are now having black Friday sales. They had pictures of people waiting in line for the store opening. They then went to London to show some stores having black Friday sales, and people who went out in London for the sales. 

That was a real surprise, that Black Friday was moving to other countries. In the U.S., big companies and governments close the day after Thanksgiving, so it has always been a day when families were able to kick off their holiday shopping. Canada has a Thanksgiving holiday in October. I don't think England celebrates a Thanksgiving type holiday.  

I will add that I have my shopping done. My family celebrates Chanukah, and Chanukah this year starts earlier.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Black what? :noidea::foot-stomp:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Will I can tell from work last night that hardly anyone was out for Black Friday, were I work, the crowd was less than half the size than last year's.