Joshua-777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Philippians 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. 23 For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you.

Just wondering, was Paul saying that it was his choice whether he lived or died?

*Edit* 
Why did Paul say "What I shall Choose I cannot tell" in vs 22.

I think he did.

Are you saying you think Paul actually did have a choice between death or life to live or to die?  I wasn't sure so I'm just asking.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Man never has a choice to live or to die.That is giving a human too much power.God is the only one who can take a life.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

Philippians 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. 23 For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you.

Just wondering, was Paul saying that it was his choice whether he lived or died?

*Edit* 
Why did Paul say "What I shall Choose I cannot tell" in vs 22.

I think he did.

Are you saying you think Paul actually did have a choice between death or life to live or to die?  I wasn't sure so I'm just asking.

I think God may have given him a choice to leave having done so much already, or stay and continue to work.