Kim1984

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I posted this in the wrong forum before, so I'll copy and paste here. Sorry for the mix up! :-)

Hi, I was recently asked by someone about heaven and marriage. I wasn't sure how to respond so I thought I'd ask here. She asked me if people who are married stay married in heaven, and if people get a divorce, are they still married in heaven? She also asked if someone's spouse dies and they remarry, who are they married to in heaven? Thanks for your insights!

-Kim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Hi Kim and welcome to Worthy.No there will be no marriage in heaven.

Matthew 22:30 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God[a] in heaven.

So when people say they're going to be with their loved ones in heaven, it's not really like that? Or is it that things like our family connections won't be important to us anymore?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

So when people say they're going to be with their loved ones in heaven, it's not really like that? Or is it that things like our family connections won't be important to us anymore?

If their loved one was a born again believer in Jesus Christ they will see them in heaven.We will recognize them but their will be no marriage or sex in heaven.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Kim1984,

Interesting question. Now here on earth we tend to see everything from this perspective. However family, having children, other relationships are all subject to earthly requirements & are but a glimpse of the reality we will have in heaven. Our capacity to understand, relate & love each other will be as Christ. And creating in the spiritual realm will be different than here. Remember it was by God`s word that things were created. Each realm has an order & just know that heaven will be more than our minds at the moment can comprehend.

As God made this wonderful world, even though we only see it `damaged,` then how much more, through His precious Son will we be relating, & doing & creating, way beyond our wildest imaginings.

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Matt 22

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

No hubby's or honey's in Heaven.

If people who are married stay married in heaven....

and if people get a divorce, are they still married in heaven....

:thumbsup:

Exactly~!

Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.

Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:

Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.

And last of all the woman died also.

Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. Matthew 22:24-30

And As For Those Little Ones

And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?

But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me. 2 Samuel 12:22-23

I Believe

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Romans 3:26

Thanks everybody for your answers! I appreciate it! :)

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

How sad. It seems everyone has gotten married just to get divorced.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Ozzy,

I believe you are seeing that from an earthly perspective. Marriage is a wonderful example of the closest relationship we can have with another. While in heaven we will all be united in a wonderful harmonious community. Remember the earthly is but a shadow of what is in store for us who love the Lord & humble ourselves under His mighty hand.

Marilyn.