• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1987

Welcome~!

~

would love to hear what you guys have to say about this....

~

Praying~!

Thanks FresnoJoe...I'll need all the prayers I can get.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Hello Thomas, and welcome to Worthy. 

I see no problem with you seeing her occasionally, but I would make sure when you see her in person, to have another believer with you.  The main reason to see her would be to testify to her.

But whatever you do, do not be unequally yoke with unbelievers, for Paul speaks that we will have to associate with unbelievers, I Corinthians 5:9-10. some; just keep it limited so that you have more than enough time for fellowship with the saints.

14)  Be ye not unequally yoke together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness?  and what communion hath light with darkness?

15)  And what concord hath Christ with Belial?  or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16)  And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?  for ye are temple of the Living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

II Corinthians 6:14-16

Praying

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Welcome to Worthy!!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5

Thomas now is the time to make decisions that make you stand out as a follower of Jesus. It's difficult to break such a relationship where people have had that much contact but since you realise that it's a sinful relationship, you shouldn't let emotions overpower the voice that tells to move straight. I understand how you feel for her but I suggest that you come to terms with the fact that she's dating someone else and that you can never marry her if she doesn't genuinly accept Jesus. The relationship just won't work.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Welcome and praying.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

Hello Abhishek,

To make your decision, you will have to answer the following questions truthfully.

1. Will meeting her encourage inappropriate romantic thoughts in you?

2. If you continue talking to her, will you desperately wait every moment of the day to talk to her, or will you treat her more like a friend?

If either of the answers is yes, stop that kind of interaction.

(But, if she is your first love and you had a physical relationship with her, you will find it more difficult to get over her if you keep in touch with her. So, I would suggest you to take a break for a year or so at least.)

GerdaHannah

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hello Abhishek,

To make your decision, you will have to answer the following questions truthfully.

2. If you continue talking to her, will you desperately wait every moment of the day to talk to her, or will you treat her more like a friend?

(But, if she is your first love and you had a physical relationship with her, you will find it more difficult to get over her if you keep in touch with her. So, I would suggest you to take a break for a year or so at least.)

GerdaHannah

GerdaHannah,

You should not cut your association completely, because you have started a commitment to God, and you might be able to help her to know God better and also His son who died as a Great Ransom to save up from everlasting death, John 3:16.

If you are sincere, she will not be good association, at least for a while, so when you see her talk about your faith in Jesus, and if she listens to you it might be that salvation could come to her from you, 1Tim 4;16.

If you speak about Our savior each time you see her, you will be able to see whether see is interested in God or not. If she shows that she likes to hear you speak about spiritual things, she may have a good heart, and nothing can bring two together closer than a mutual faith, and sharing that faith and a study of God's word together.

So make sure you have something spiritual to talk to her about the next time you see her. Look into the scriptures and find something especially interesting and be ready to share it with her. If she shows interest, it will draw you together, if she is not interested she will stop coming around you, and that will help you to end your close association, 2Cor 6:14-18, Prov 13:20, 1Cor 15:33.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the great advice. All of you. I would also like to mention that, we broke up almost 4 years ago and it took me around 2 years to get over her. But I'm doing good now. The reason I asked for advice is because I wanted to know what the Christian thing to do would be in such a situation. I guess most of you are in line with what I felt was the right thing to do.

And as far as physical contact with her is concerned, I've completely banned it and she's fine with that too. I just keep in touch with her on the phone. She usually calls me for a regular chat or if she wants some advice.

Hello Abhishek,

GerdaHannah

Hi Gerda,

Thanks for the advice. Talking to her on the phone has never been a problem. I don't get any of those romantic or lustful thoughts, so I guess I'm good in that department. As far as physically meeting her is concerned; that was a mistake I made once or twice. All the memories came back and I was majorly depressed for a few days. So, now I've decided to never meet her physically again and she agreed to it too.

Hello Abhishek,

GerdaHannah

GerdaHannah,

You should not cut your association completely, because you have started a commitment to God, and you might be able to help her to know God better and also His son who died as a Great Ransom to save up from everlasting death, John 3:16.

If you are sincere, she will not be good association, at least for a while, so when you see her talk about your faith in Jesus, and if she listens to you it might be that salvation could come to her from you, 1Tim 4;16.

If you speak about Our savior each time you see her, you will be able to see whether see is interested in God or not. If she shows that she likes to hear you speak about spiritual things, she may have a good heart, and nothing can bring two together closer than a mutual faith, and sharing that faith and a study of God's word together.

So make sure you have something spiritual to talk to her about the next time you see her. Look into the scriptures and find something especially interesting and be ready to share it with her. If she shows interest, it will draw you together, if she is not interested she will stop coming around you, and that will help you to end your close association, 2Cor 6:14-18, Prov 13:20, 1Cor 15:33.

Makes sense jtartar!