IGNORED

Nine Earthquakes Rock North Texas In Less Than A Day

Cyrus

Guest shiloh357

When Gen. 6:11 is saying the whole earth is corrupt, it had nothing to do with man destroying the environment.   Gen. 6:11 is talking about the universal corruption of sin.   They were not polluting the planet.  They were committing all kinds of violent and immoral sins.    "The earth" is used there as a metaphorical reference for the universal sinfulness of everyone on the planet.

Gen. 6:11 cannot be used as a commentary on in environmental issues.  God didn't send the flood because they were polluting the environment.

The irony is that you are trying support  your position by taking a verse out of context while lecturing someone else about what taking a verse out of  context is when you don't really have a clue what you're talking about.   

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1959

The irony is that I gave a whole chapter as a reference and not a single verse, and then you choose to pull out a single verse

Guest shiloh357

You partially quoted from a single verse, Sam.  And you ignored the context of the rest of the chapter.    You quoted it in reference to a discussion on the environment when the whole context in which Gen. 6:11 appears is about the corruption sin, not the polluting of lakes and streams.   YOU took it out of context and applied it an issue wasn't even close to addressing. 

So again, you don't know what you're talking about.

More "non-judgement" form you. How ironic. How many people do you suppose you have driven from church with this attitude?

Chapter 6 speaks of both the people and the earth being corrupted, that is the tone of the passage, that is why God had to wipe it all clean and basically start over. Had the only problem been humans there would have been no wipe the whole earth clean and start anew.

Guest shiloh357

I have not "judged"  you.  I have corrected you.  The problem is that you can't come to grips with reality.  Your position is wrong and you can't really defend it.   So now you try to play the victim/persecution card.  I am not going to be manipulated by that nonsense. 

Yes both the earth and the people were corrupted.  The point is that it wasn't corrupted because people were polluting the environment.   It was corrupted because of sin and so God wiped off every human being and creature except what was saved on the ark.      The passage as nothing to do with corruption due to pollution or mistreatment of the environment.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Gen: 6 it is simply about the corruption of man and how our corruption had corrupted the earth as well.  YHWH was so dismayed by our actions that he wanted to destroy everything, (and maybe start over, I'm speculating). 

In the Law, murder corrupts the land, so the murderer must be put to death to cleanse it of that corruption.

Don't you get it?  YHWH is Holy, He cannot be in the presence of corruption without destroying it.  So, we gave Him no choice but to separate Himself from us.

People want to ask "Where is God, why won't He show Himself to us?"  Well, He could, but we wouldn't survive it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

I am not talking about the destruction of the planet. I am speaking of doing damage to it to an extent it harms future generations. There is nothing in the bible that states we cannot do such a thing. It seems that mankind has already done it at least once since part of the reason for the flood was the state of not just the people but the earth as well.

The biblical flood was done because of the sins of man. Not because of environmental issues. Feel free to show me in the bible where it says otherwise. I am open to correction.

Edited later:

I read your responses to others. You are misinterpreting what the bible says, taking one verse out of context. You are preaching the false social justice/environmental gospel.

• Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

No, that isn't the reason for the flood. The flood occurred because the gene pool was tainted by the Fallen. Every human was corrupted by this, save for Noah and his bloodline.

The flood had to happen so that Christ could be born.

Genesis 6 does not give a lot of information detailing how intermarriage corrupted the genetic code

necessitating the destruction of all except Noah [and his family] who was perfect in his "generations."

Men today work overtime corrupting genetic codes, splicing diverse kinds into all sorts of abominations.

Genetically modified crops are one example how corrupt men corrupt the environment.

Ayin jade:

I am not preaching any gospel, I am arguing for wise stewardship of our planet so that future generations can have the same standard of life that we do now.

All anyone is looking at is the benefit we are receiving today...cheap gas.