Praying

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

That's interesting, what does that look like?

What does friendship and mutual mean in the context of interest? There are different kinds of friendship. There is well-crafted showmanship at church, and the transparent appeal to get closer to another. It's an attempt to show the 'fruits', but we all know what game is being run here.

Since we're talking about fruits. I'm very active at church, involved with campus ministries, and do assume some leadership roles. While I've not been attending this church too long, I could become a deacon (it has been suggested to me). There is also my volunteer work that falls outside of church. It doesn't exactly gain favour with the opposite sex, if anything it's more troublesome to pursue girls at church.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,162
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

if she is the one meant for you all you have to do is to be honest with her in your feelings.....   45 years ago when I met my wife, I was so smitten that there was not any question in my mind.....   I told her on our third date that some day we would be married, then proceeded to  be her best friend and not push a serious romantic relationship for a while.   We got to be such friends that I didn't even propose to her, but a friend of ours just asked us when we were going to get married.....   I looked at her and she said whenever he wants to....

If it's meant to be, just don't push it too fast, but just treat it as though it already is so to speak.

If it's not meant to be then consider yourself lucky that God saved you from some disaster...    which he did for me prior to meeting my wife.

if she is the one meant for you all you have to do is to be honest with her in your feelings.....   45 years ago when I met my wife, I was so smitten that there was not any question in my mind.....   I told her on our third date that some day we would be married, then proceeded to  be her best friend and not push a serious romantic relationship for a while.   We got to be such friends that I didn't even propose to her, but a friend of ours just asked us when we were going to get married.....   I looked at her and she said whenever he wants to....

If it's meant to be, just don't push it too fast, but just treat it as though it already is so to speak.

If it's not meant to be then consider yourself lucky that God saved you from some disaster...    which he did for me prior to meeting my wife.

Gosh... 

That's a daring thing to say on a third date! It reminds me of a story I heard from a student teacher. He was a man with a PhD in music, and after spending a decade selling pianos, decided to get a teaching degree. He told us that shortly after meeting a woman (they had dated maybe a couple weeks), she asked him what he was thinking during a movie. He told her, "I was wondering if you would marry me." They got married shortly after and had a ton of kids.

Talk about an unconventional life. 

Nothing in this life has come easy. Nothing. Perhaps I'll post a testimony on here one day, but life has been nothing but brutal. I was born from a wreckage, and God has not shielded me from disaster. That much I can say. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Edited by Indent

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

What does friendship and mutual mean in the context of interest? There are different kinds of friendship. There is well-crafted showmanship at church, and the transparent appeal to get closer to another. It's an attempt to show the 'fruits', but we all know what game is being run here.

Since we're talking about fruits. I'm very active at church, involved with campus ministries, and do assume some leadership roles. While I've not been attending this church too long, I could become a deacon (it has been suggested to me). There is also my volunteer work that falls outside of church. It doesn't exactly gain favour with the opposite sex, if anything it's more troublesome to pursue girls at church.

Christians don't have to "attempt to show fruit". Spiritual fruit is a natural outgrowth of the life changed by God. the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, kindness and self-control.

"Pursue girls at church" is a troublesome choice of words.

Christians don't have to "attempt to show fruit". Spiritual fruit is a natural outgrowth of the life changed by God. the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, kindness and self-control.

"Pursue girls at church" is a troublesome choice of words.

I know about the fruits of the Spirit.

Language is something that is fluid, and we deal with approximations when it comes to interpreting words. We can both quote the scriptures, but the church is filled with a variety of personalities. A general feature of any church is that there are non-believers and seekers. There are 'lukewarm' and 'nominal' Christians. There are people in various stages in their spiritual walk, and we are all a work in progress. There are the fruits of the Spirit, and these things co-exist with the unpleasant aspects of humanity. 

But I'm asserting that there is showmanship at church. I'm asserting that people have hidden agendas.

Tell me what is troublesome about "pursuing girls at church." It was not said to imply I'm pursuing multiple girl - because I'm not - but as a general statement about pursuing girls. I could be pursuing a non-Christain outside of church. It would probably be easier and convenient. I could fiddle my thumbs and hope a girl will fall into my lap. 

You can pursue a person at church and it can be honouring to God, and it can be with the intention of forming a relationship that glorifies him. 

Are you sure you didn't dream you had a "message from God" just because you wanted it so badly or were thinking about it? I have wanted things so badly that I dream about them.

You know,

The bible has narratives about people and dreams. A message from God is always clear, not ambiguous. In my case, the dreams have had very precise information, which was unavailable to me. If you are not familiar with the scriptural accounts, I can only invite you to read up on it. There are a lot of reasons why I'm certain, but it would take a lot of time and detail. I would almost need to write a book on my life, dreams, and God to do it. 

Edited by Indent

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Ditto for me! (Except it's only been 39 years for us!)

Don't rush into things, "messages" aren't always from God.

Thank you for your concern, but I've been around the block a time or two. 

Do you consider yourself Christian? 

Edited by Indent