Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

It's extremely difficult for us to understand the implications of what is written in Revelation, because we just don't have the benefit of hindsight to validate our theories.

The false prophet could be a Jew, or a Christian, or a Muslim that tries to convince the world that the Messiah has finally arrived.  This prophet will have the ability to perform miracles to validate his lies.

All are just as plausible as any other, because they are of the same spirit.  Whether the world is reeling from a devastating global war, or the rapture of the Christians, a false prophet will emerge and will be able to convince the world that the messiah has finally arrived.

I don't think he'll come from any existing religion though, since he claims to be God.  But, yeah, I agree.

The dragon is Satan who is a fallen angel.  The beast is likewise a fallen angel because he comes up out of the abyss per Rev 17.  The abyss is always used in the context of the supernatural.  The false prophet is the only human in the group.  He is the only one qualified to be the son of perdition, the man of sin.

In summary:

The son of perdition is a man slain by the Lord at His return.

The false prophet is the beast from the earth who is a man.

The only human in the trio of evil is the false prophet.

Therefore...the false prophet is the son of perdition.  That's as straightforward as I know how to say it.

Your argument breaks down when you say, "The false prophet is the only human in the group.  He is the only one qualified to be the son of perdition, the man of sin."

I don't wish to pursue that in this thread.  Feel free to start a topic about it if you wish.  I'm working on the belief that the son of perdition is the false prophet for the reasons I stated earlier.  I think it's a more that well substantiated premise.

I don't think so.That is a wild thought.I went to this:

http://www.gotquestions.org/son-of-perdition.html

I read your link and it never address the issue of "the" son of perdition.  As I see it, there can only be one specific "the son of perdition".  Any thoughts on that?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,123
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

I'm curious as to what other people think about the possibility of the false prophet being Judas raised from the dead. 

Not very likely.  None of the damned will be resurrected until the Great White Throne judgment, which is long after the reign of the Antichrist (Rev 20:13).  This would need a special resurrection, and there is absolutely no reason for the one who betrayed Christ to receive any special treatment.

Dan. 12:1 “At that time Michael shall stand up,

The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people;

And there shall be a time of trouble,

Such as never was since there was a nation,

Even to that time. [= the Great Tribulation]

And at that time your people shall be delivered,

Every one who is found written in the book.

2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,

Some to everlasting life,

Some to shame and everlasting contempt."

This passage in Daniel indicates that some of the evil dead will arise long before the GWT judgment.

Matt. 24:24 “For false christs and false prophets shall be raised and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect."

Shall be raised: the Greek word egerthesontai is used here. This exact word is used in the Bible in only one other place, 1 Corinthians 15:52: “…the dead egerthesontai/shall be raised…” The root of this word, egeiro, means to arouse/wake from sleep or death.

At the death of Christ on the cross, the graves were opened, and many bodies of the saints which slept egerthesan/arose/were awakened [from death].” Matthew 27:52

This passage in Daniel 12 puts a light on the parallel passage in Matthew 24 that generally has not been recognized. The standard interpretation of Matt. 24:24, 11 says that these false christs will arise from among the living. However, in the light of Daniel 12:2, which tells us that evil people (as well as righteous) will awake/arise from the dead at this time – the more likely interpretation is that these false christs and prophets “shall be raised” from the dead.

So what Last Daze is speculating about Judas being the Son of Perdition -- and he is not the first that has suggested this -- is within the realm of possibility. Personally, I believe the King of the North, who will "plant the tents of his pavilion between the seas at the glorious holy mountain," Dan 11:45, will be the Son of Perdition. And he will someone alive before just before the GT begins, not Judas arisen from the dead.

Edited by WilliamL

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Some to shame and everlasting contempt."

Some to shame and everlasting contempt = the resurrection of damnation (the unjust)  (only one resurrection)

Some to everlasting  life = the resurrection of life (the just) (only one resurrection)

John 5:28,29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,  And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

I'm curious as to what other people think about the possibility of the false prophet being Judas raised from the dead. 

Not very likely.  None of the damned will be resurrected until the Great White Throne judgment, which is long after the reign of the Antichrist (Rev 20:13).  This would need a special resurrection, and there is absolutely no reason for the one who betrayed Christ to receive any special treatment.

Dan. 12:1 “At that time Michael shall stand up,

The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people;

And there shall be a time of trouble,

Such as never was since there was a nation,

Even to that time. [= the Great Tribulation]

And at that time your people shall be delivered,

Every one who is found written in the book.

Some to shame and everlasting contempt."

This passage in Daniel indicates that some of the evil dead will arise long before the GWT judgment.

Matt. 24:24 “For false christs and false prophets shall be raised and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect."

Shall be raised: the Greek word egerthesontai is used here. This exact word is used in the Bible in only one other place, 1 Corinthians 15:52: “…the dead egerthesontai/shall be raised…” The root of this word, egeiro, means to arouse/wake from sleep or death.

At the death of Christ on the cross, the graves were opened, and many bodies of the saints which slept egerthesan/arose/were awakened [from death].” Matthew 27:52

This passage in Daniel 12 puts a light on the parallel passage in Matthew 24 that generally has not been recognized. The standard interpretation of Matt. 24:24, 11 says that these false christs will arise from among the living. However, in the light of Daniel 12:2, which tells us that evil people (as well as righteous) will awake/arise from the dead at this time – the more likely interpretation is that these false christs and prophets “shall be raised” from the dead.

So what Last Daze is speculating about Judas being the Son of Perdition -- and he is not the first that has suggested this -- is within the realm of possibility. Personally, I believe the King of the North, who will "plant the tents of his pavilion between the seas at the glorious holy mountain," Dan 11:45, will be the Son of Perdition. And he will someone alive before just before the GT begins, not Judas arisen from the dead.

That's an interesting observation...something to ponder.  And, yes, I reiterate that it is speculation about Judas.  One thing is for sure and that is that it will be unlike anything we've ever seen.

I also find it interesting that Judas also hung from a tree.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,123
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

... I also find it interesting that Judas also hung from a tree.

Like Jesus did, I presume you mean?? If so, possible significance? If not, please explain.

... I also find it interesting that Judas also hung from a tree.

Like Jesus did, I presume you mean?? If so, possible significance? If not, please explain.

Yes, like Jesus did, to fulfill Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree.

Since I believe that the son of perdition is the false prophet, who claims to be God, if it is Judas, he can point to his hanging as well in some form of twisted deception.  That's all.  Not terribly significant.