Littlelambseativy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Am I the only one who finds the script font difficult to read? I love scripts..personally I love the Zaphino script but I will not use them on a board or post. They are difficult to read on an tablet or iPad.

Am I the only only one who will not read a post or respose?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Yup. Lol jk I know of others. For me some fonts if they're in really small script I'll have some difficulty but if its a 12 point or higher I can generally read it no problem. But that is why I always post in default fonts on boards because I know there are people that can't read the fancy ones.

I can read but on an iPad they are small and a nuisance to read. I use script for my address label or cards but think of the age of the receiver and their difficulty to read. The young ones aren't even taught script or cursive in schools anymore so...keep it simple.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Fancy fonts should only be used on signs and banners, not in forums or on websites.  Just my own personal opinion.  I don't find fancy fonts impressive because anyone can use them.  It's not like the person hand wrote it out.  But, I've always been more practical than stylish.  Practical is functional.  Style is objective.

Worthy's editing bar isn't the best I've seen.  Usually, if you highlight a text, you can see what kind of font is being used, and the size of it.  Not here.  I often wonder what it is.

My iMac has a 24" screen and I still have my font preferences set to Arial size 18.  I've just used whatever Worthy has as the default because my computer changes it to my preference anyway.  But, to show the difference, I set this post for Arial Size 18.  My eyes aren't what they used to be and I depend on department store reading glasses because I can't afford prescription glasses.  As I type, it looks larger than usual on my computer, so I don't know how Worthy gauges it's fonts. 

Keith your post above has larger font than mine and on any hand held device even phone the font is easy to read, but any fancy script is as in your opinion is not for a blog or site like this where many are middle age and even younger people who are on here may have eye problems because of constant computer use. I use computer glasses and still when reading other than a word in script ...just give up.

Keith your post above has larger font than mine and on any hand held device even phone the font is easy to read, but any fancy script is as in your opinion is not for a blog or site like this where many are middle age and even younger people who are on here may have eye problems because of constant computer use. I use computer glasses and still when reading other than a word in script ...just give up.

Do computer glasses really work?  There are so many gimmicks out there these days.  One of the things I appreciate about my iMac is that I can set my site preferences to change all fonts used to a specific one.  I'm not a fan of technology, in large part, but there are elements of it that I love. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

I am very practical.Give me a simple font.And not too small  :verkle:

This is better. 

Hi Keith, I find they do because they are anti-glare and for an approximate distance. I have ibooks so read on my iPad. I definitely need them. My pad does not give me the option to increase font my computer does tho I can do the increase of page I then have to move it back and forth to read. Computer is less of an issue but tho it is a laptop not as convenient as ipad.

If you can, you should try computer glasses...I would think there are places where glasses are cheaper than $300-600. Sometimes the frames are the costly part ...get a good cheap frame and see how much lenses would cost to fit if possible.

Hi Keith, I find they do because they are anti-glare and for an approximate distance. I have ibooks so read on my iPad. I definitely need them. My pad does not give me the option to increase font my computer does tho I can do the increase of page I then have to move it back and forth to read. Computer is less of an issue but tho it is a laptop not as convenient as ipad.

If you can, you should try computer glasses...I would think there are places where glasses are cheaper than $300-600. Sometimes the frames are the costly part ...get a good cheap frame and see how much lenses would cost to fit if possible.

Jenkies!  $300-$600!  That's certainly out of my budget!  My current food budget is less than $100 per month!  (Still very blessed and content, and I can say that with the utmost honesty and sincerity!)  But, I never rule out what prayer can do!

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I personally think that some fonts are silly and very difficult to read when too small especially if the font colour is too similar to the background colour..