Tinky

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Yes - primarily a hobby forum and FB. I usually spend no more than five minutes on FB. I used to post frequently on a credit forum, but it's been a good while - a year or two.

I came to Worthy from another "Christian" forum. However, it was common for people to put others down on the forum. There's one particular individual that posts frequently. He seems to be very immature in the faith. However, he's been to Bible college and has a street preaching ministry. He is stubborn about some of his views. Often when he posts, he gets viciously attacked by others. They make fun of him frequently. Yes, he needs to mature in his faith, but in the forum, it's like he swims with piranhas, rather than being lovingly and gently corrected. I've pointed this out of the forum, and they only tried to justify their attitudes and behaviors toward him. That's not the only example of toxic behavior on the forum, but I found myself - not depressed, but...maybe feeling like I needed to take a shower afterward. Sort of like walking through a sewer.

Worthy has such a different atmosphere. Occasionally, there are posts that I feel are dogmatic and sometimes belittling, but that's not the overall environment of Worthy. It's mostly encouraging and refreshing to be here.

Edited by Blue Moon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I joined another Christian board a while back (forgive me for cheating!  :taped: ) but I never got around to posting anything there!  :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

I joined another Christian board a while back (forgive me for cheating!  :taped: ) but I never got around to posting anything there!  :laugh:

Shame shame shame... :foot-stomp: lol kidding

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Religious or otherwise?

yeah, one other. but this is my favorite.

I'm a part of 2 personal finance groups... Get Rich Slowly and Saving Advice

I use Facebook a lot with groups like "Koinonia Sunergeo", "The No Spend Challenge", "Dave Ramsey - Total Money Makeover" and "Dave Ramsey - Financial Freedom".

By far this is the best Christian forum out there IMO. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I tried another Christian forum for a while but got wickedly attacked. I asked them to remove my name because I didn't feel safe there. It was pretty shallow and often a free for all.

I tried Facebook but it doesn't seem secure so I don't use that type of program. But I couldn't get used to people making "noise" without saying anything. There didn't seem to be any point to it.