ayin jade

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

I don't know, I have mixed feelings about this. Part of me wants to pray for the Christian persecutors to be punished by God, and then when I think about it, it's the way they were raised that made them become like this, and they unfortunately don't know right from wrong.I think it's just best to pray for the persecuted and let God take care of the rest, He knows what to do about the persecutors. They really only have two choices, choose Him or suffer His consequences...

You dont have to pray for their destruction. It is quite Godly to pray that the violence stops and that the Lord stop isis. He can stop them without harming them. You can pray for their salvation too.

Maybe we should try to gather as many people as we can from worthy, to all pray for the same thing on a certain date. We can create a powerful prayer wave to ISIS and the Christians that are held captive.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I don't know, I have mixed feelings about this. Part of me wants to pray for the Christian persecutors to be punished by God, and then when I think about it, it's the way they were raised that made them become like this, and they unfortunately don't know right from wrong.I think it's just best to pray for the persecuted and let God take care of the rest, He knows what to do about the persecutors. They really only have two choices, choose Him or suffer His consequences...

You dont have to pray for their destruction. It is quite Godly to pray that the violence stops and that the Lord stop isis. He can stop them without harming them. You can pray for their salvation too.
Maybe we should try to gather as many people as we can from worthy, to all pray for the same thing on a certain date. We can create a powerful prayer wave to ISIS and the Christians that are held captive.

Feel free to post such a prayer request. That would be great.

Guest shiloh357

I see absolutely nothing wrong with praying for the judgment of God fall on ISIS.   They need to be destroyed. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

I see absolutely nothing wrong with praying for the judgment of God fall on ISIS.   They need to be destroyed. 

I think we should follow Jesus' example. It is not our role to be vengeful or judge who is worthy of salvation. Jonah wished for destruction of Nineveh, but God's desire is for them to repent and be saved.

Luke 23:33-34 When they came to the place called The Skull, there they crucified Him and the criminals, one on the right and the other on the left. 34But Jesus was saying, "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing."

Guest shiloh357

I am not being vengeful nor have I decided that they are not worthy of salvation.

I am not idealistic about these things.  I am simply being realistic.   ISIS isn't going to have a "come to Jesus" moment.  They are not going to repent, if anything they have shown that their depravity knows no bounds.    They are going to go on their rampage until they are destroyed.   Christians will continue to be slaughtered until ISIS is  destroyed once and for all.   IF they get saved and become Episcopalians, fine.   But barring something like that,  then I see nothing wrong with praying that God would judge them and avenge his people and if He chooses to use the community of nations as the instrument of His judgment that's fine too.

I think that there comes point when we have to be realistic about what is or is not going to happen.   I don't take any pleasure in God judging ISIS, but there are people in this world who show themselves to be irretrievably wicked and these groups like ISIS are to keep going until they are destroyed.   We have allowed them to get to this point and they have not had to pay much of a price for murdering our people, for slaughtering our fellow believers and pretty soon they will be over here doing the same things, thanks to our lack of any will to stop them.

I realize that this is not "spiritual" or "Sunday school"  response I am supposed to be making, but I think we need to grow up and get real when it comes to the threat that we face.   Yes, God can save them and if by some miracle the ISIS leadership converts to Christianity and if by some miracle we start seeing waves of ISIS members come to Christ, that would be great, but it isn't going to happen.

So barring some kind of miracle,  I am praying that God will judge ISIS and bring his justice to bear upon them.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

^^^^ I totally agree with Shiloh. Enough's enough. It's not like we don't have the weaponry to burn them down to bedrock, and it's past time to unleash hell on them.

We won't, of course. Our Wimp-in-Chief will keep playing footsie until it's too late.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I am not being vengeful nor have I decided that they are not worthy of salvation.

I am not idealistic about these things.  I am simply being realistic.   ISIS isn't going to have a "come to Jesus" moment.  They are not going to repent, if anything they have shown that their depravity knows no bounds.    They are going to go on their rampage until they are destroyed.   Christians will continue to be slaughtered until ISIS is  destroyed once and for all.   IF they get saved and become Episcopalians, fine.   But barring something like that,  then I see nothing wrong with praying that God would judge them and avenge his people and if He chooses to use the community of nations as the instrument of His judgment that's fine too.

I think that there comes point when we have to be realistic about what is or is not going to happen.   I don't take any pleasure in God judging ISIS, but there are people in this world who show themselves to be irretrievably wicked and these groups like ISIS are to keep going until they are destroyed.   We have allowed them to get to this point and they have not had to pay much of a price for murdering our people, for slaughtering our fellow believers and pretty soon they will be over here doing the same things, thanks to our lack of any will to stop them.

I realize that this is not "spiritual" or "Sunday school"  response I am supposed to be making, but I think we need to grow up and get real when it comes to the threat that we face.   Yes, God can save them and if by some miracle the ISIS leadership converts to Christianity and if by some miracle we start seeing waves of ISIS members come to Christ, that would be great, but it isn't going to happen.

So barring some kind of miracle,  I am praying that God will judge ISIS and bring his justice to bear upon them.

I respectfully disagree with your view.

Hopefully you prayerfully consider the article below. 

1 John 2:6

"Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did."

http://whchurch.org/blog/2558/praying-for-our-enemies-to-die

"While David and others in the Old Testament often expressed hatred toward their enemies, Jesus commands us to love (agape) our enemies (Lk 6:27). David wanted God to smite his enemies, but Jesus commands us to pray that God would bless our enemies (Lk 6:28). David prayed for God to help him vanquish his enemies, but Jesus commands us to seek to do good to them (Lk 6:27). David prayed that God would not forgive enemies, but Jesus illustrates with his last breath upon the cross that we are to ask God to forgive them (Lk 23:24). And while David often prayed for his enemies to die, Jesus dies for his enemies and commands us to adopt the same attitude (Jn 13:15; Lk 6:27-35; Rom 5:8; Eph.5:1-2; I Pet. 2:19-23; I Jn. 2:6)."

"eplacing Old Testament commands with teachings of his own. Most famously, the Old Testament several times commanded “[e]ye for eye, and tooth for tooth,” but Jesus teaches us to “not resist an evil person” but to instead “love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven” (Mt 5:38-39, 44-45, emphasis added). Notice that while retaliating against enemies was allowed and sometimes even commanded in the Old Testament, acting this way after the advent of Christ disqualifies one from being considered a child of God. Something has clearly changed! We have moved from an old way of treating enemies under the Old Covenant to a new way of treating enemies under the New Covenant of Jesus Christ."

"The change was clearly displayed as Jesus was traveling through Samaria on his way to Jerusalem. Several Samarian towns didn’t welcome the disciples, so James and John asked Jesus, “do you want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?” (Lk 9:54). As vengeful as their request was, it had a precedent in the ministry of Elijah, who twice called down fire on people in that very location (2 Kings 1:7-17). One could argue that James and John were simply “believing the whole Bible.” Yet Jesus strongly rebuked them and, according to many of the oldest manuscripts, accused his disciples’ request of manifesting a different “spirit” than his own (Lk 9:55). Think about it. Elijah calls down fire and is held up as a hero in the Old Testament, but had he done the same thing as a disciple of Jesus he would have been rebuked and possibly accused of operating under a demonic influence!"

Guest shiloh357

Udx,   I don't hate the people ISIS, I hate their ideology and the maniacal, murderous doctrine that fuels their hate and their campaign to destroy everyone in their path.  I am not suggesting Christians take up arms and  destroy ISIS.   But again, they are not going to stop until they are destroyed.    They are not going to sit down and listen to sweet reason and they are not going to sit and listen to a Gospel presentation. 

At the end of the day,  when we, as a nation are forced to confront them, someone is going to die.  It's either us or them.   The hope that they are going to suddenly come to Christ is wishful, naïve thinking.   I have faith, but I also have commonsense.  I am not and never will be a pacifist or an ideologue.   I don't sit around pretending that things are going to get better when they are clearly  not going to get better.

I know what the "right" things to say are, and what we as Christians are told we should say, but I am not going to live in a naïve, fantasy world for the sake of saying  the "right" things.

The Israelis learned this the hard way.  There were so many in the Israeli  population who thought they could change the terrorists, that they could befriend and find a way to non-violently stop terror and it only ended up with more dead Jews and an enemy who interpreted their patience, their kindness and generosity as weakness, and they exploited that weakness and Israel suffered even more bomb blasts, ambushes, and the Jewish death rate just went higher and higher.

We are dealing with an enemy that can't be reasoned with, can't be reached (no matter how much the ideologues claim they can be) and they just will not stop until they are destroyed.   That's just the cold hard reality that we live in.     And unless something is done now to destroy ISIS, we will have them on our streets, blowing up our schools, playgrounds, churches and shopping malls.

Terrorism on our streets will be harder to deal with because it means that we can't use our best weapons of war.  It means we will be limited to small arms and hand to hand combat which puts on an equal footing with the terrorists in combat and this robs of us our technological and military advantage that we currently have if we take care of ISIS over there.   Then again, it may be too late.   They may be sufficiently large enough in numbers to inflict mass causalities over here, already.

There is nothing you can say that will move me on this.   ISIS needs to be destroyed and it cannot come too soon.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I think muslims are trying to raise there savior. Which to us I think will be the antichrist. Looks like they want to raise him up fast.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

So if one of us sounds spiritual or makes sunday school statements, we need to grow up? 

One can pray the Lord stops isis and gets them saved without wanting their destruction. 

Was not paul one of those "terrorists" against Christians before he got saved? It is not impossible for the Lord to work on their hearts and have them be saved.