• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Climatology is a hobby of mine and I regularly peruse world weather data. There is a wide consensus among meteorloigists that global warming is occurring. The cold weather in the eastern US, especially around Lake Ontario is an anomaly. A number of other areas have been warm with records set in Alaska, the western US and Canada over the last few months. Western Europe has recently been warm, especiallly France, Spain and the UK. Perhaps we can hear from some folks in these and other areas about their respective weather conditions.

Whether Global Warming is occurring or not is somewhat irrelevant. What is important is whether or not it is man-made.

The fact that the earth's climate goes through cycles is how scientist know that what is happening now is partially due to man. The cycles are fairly consistent and that has allowed those who study this to understand how those cycles work and their timeline.

The fact that their is a cycle to the planet is further evidence that man is having an effect.

The change of climate has probably got nothing to do with us and even if it has, so what? The real issue is that none of their doomsday predictions have come true and that is enough proof for me to know that it is a hoax.

They told us fifteen to twenty years ago that by now the ice caps would have practically gone, that the South coast of Britain would have a Mediterranean climate, Manhattan would be under the sea and polar bears would be extinct in the wild.

None of these have come even remotely true.

They even changed the name from 'Global Warming' to 'Climate change', a sure sign that they didn't know what they were talking about.

None of their predictions came true, a sure sign of false prophets. Even my own eyes and ears tell me that their predictions didn't come true and when they are trying to tell you that your own eyes are lying to you, then you know that this is strong propaganda at work!

The Global Warmists can't see that they are being deceived even though it's obvious that they are. It's the 'Emperor's new clothes' again.

Another thing is, if these hoaxers believed their own hype they would be running scared. Al Gore jet-sets around the World polluting the atmosphere with carbon dioxide and for somebody who worries about rising sea levels he recently bought some beachfront properties.

If the hoaxers don't even believe their own lies then why should anybody else?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/29/1984

My father was overweight and smoked a pack a day for 30 years. For 20 plus of those doctors made predictions about his health that never came true. He made comments much like the ones above. All the doctors were just making it up for whatever reason. He even discounted one doctor become that doctor was also over weight.

One day all the predictions came true, then it was too late. If I ever have kids they will never get to know their grandpa.

Add to that a great many predictions have come true, just not the ones that the non-scientist politicians made.

My father was overweight and smoked a pack a day for 30 years. For 20 plus of those doctors made predictions about his health that never came true. He made comments much like the ones above. All the doctors were just making it up for whatever reason. He even discounted one doctor become that doctor was also over weight.

One day all the predictions came true, then it was too late. If I ever have kids they will never get to know their grandpa.

Add to that a great many predictions have come true, just not the ones that the non-scientist politicians made.

The preacher Harold Camping made a prediction that the Rapture would occur in May 2011. It didn't happen - the whole World laughed at him. At least Harold Camping did not become a billionaire based on his predictions.

The whole World should be laughing at these Global Warmists, but sadly they aren't because it doesn't fit into the political agenda.

I'm sorry, but it's not just a case of whether this Global Warming theory comes true or not:- it does not justify the carbon taxes and green taxes that we're all having to endure and that are making some people very rich and governments make use of the money from these extra taxes too.

We've already paid billions to these fraudsters and has it worked? No it hasn't otherwise they wouldn't still be wanting to strangle us with their environmental policies. They would be telling us that Global Warming is no longer anything to worry about because we put in all the hard work of trying to reduce our carbon footprints. We did as they asked, paid them what they asked, yet they're still harping on about what a threat Climate change is to us and the Planet! Obviously the money we gave them hasn't worked and I know that if I pay money for something to work and it doesn't work - I stop paying it!

All we got for the money that we gave them were a few windmills that kill birds and don't work properly. Do we keep throwing money at this thing forever, or until the hoaxers tell us that we can stop now - problem solved?

Man can't even tell us what the weather is going to be like in a week's time - so how can he predict the weather twenty or thirty years from now?

As a bible-believing Christian, I can tell you that God controls the weather and the climate, and not us.

So it was God's actions and not man's that were responsible for the Dust Bowl of the 20's? Our practices at the time had nothing to do with that?

As a Bible believing Christian I can tell you I think you are wrong about that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

My questions were not answered. 

Climate isnt cyclical? So when greenland was green and not glacial back around the time of the vikings, that was a myth? 

Whats the normal temp of the earth supposed to be? The time of the vikings? An ice age? We have been keeping records of daily temps for how long? Which years are considered normal? 

In addition ....

So what caused greenland to be green waaaay back then before the industrial revolution? 

Why is coming out of a mini ice age as we were told for years was happening suddenly man made global warming?

What is the normal temperature that we are freakishly deviating from according to global warming hype?

Based on records of only 100 yrs or so, how can anyone claim that suddenly we are having bad global warming that is man made? 

Why have their been high levels of CO2 in the past that is not caused by man? Why has that been ok? 

Why should I remotely believe the scientists in this when there have been multiple cases of intentionally altered data, errors promoted as fact, failed theories, documented cases of bullying scientists who go against global warming etc?

So it was God's actions and not man's that were responsible for the Dust Bowl of the 20's? Our practices at the time had nothing to do with that?

As a Bible believing Christian I can tell you I think you are wrong about that.

Oh come on. There's a difference between small incidents and controlling an entire Global climate.

So are you suggesting that God is not in control of the climate? Are you suggesting that Man is more powerful than God?

Besides, you've conveniently ignored everything else that I said about false prophecies, hoaxes, people who don't believe their own lies and the fact that everything they said would happen has simply not happened!

It's a hoax. It's obvious that it's a hoax. They've been proven wrong, not just slightly wrong but completely wrong. I'm sorry but if you can't see that then there is nothing more that I can say.

Climate isnt cyclical? So when greenland was green and not glacial back around the time of the vikings, that was a myth?

Whats the normal temp of the earth supposed to be? The time of the vikings? An ice age? We have been keeping records of daily temps for how long? Which years are considered normal?

In addition ....

So what caused greenland to be green waaaay back then before the industrial revolution?

Why is coming out of a mini ice age as we were told for years was happening suddenly man made global warming?

What is the normal temperature that we are freakishly deviating from according to global warming hype?

Based on records of only 100 yrs or so, how can anyone claim that suddenly we are having bad global warming that is man made?

Why have their been high levels of CO2 in the past that is not caused by man? Why has that been ok?

Why should I remotely believe the scientists in this when there have been multiple cases of intentionally altered data, errors promoted as fact, failed theories, documented cases of bullying scientists who go against global warming etc?

I am not a climate scientist so I cannot answer your questions.

This site hits most of them...

http://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

In addition ....

I am not a climate scientist so I cannot answer your questions.

This site hits most of them...

http://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

That is not data driven. It is merely the word of the site without data behind it.

And you have provided any data at all? I have seen nothing but partisan political emotion from the deniers

The data shows the earth has warned and the CO2 has increased out of a normal climate cycle. If you can provide data that points to something other than mankind, feel free to do so

Edited by Alex Summers