IGNORED

Is a spiritual advisor necessary for hearing God's voice?

SoccerGirl2222

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone! I just bought a book today and it says that at least 2 or 3 spiritual advisors for protection and ot help guard us from self deception and Satans deception  when we are discerning God's voice. Also this book is saying that we need to seek vision as we pray and write down any thoughts that God speaks to us through spontaneous thoughts that pop into our mind. I would like to hear God's voice, but I'm not so sure how to go about doing that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Hi everyone! I just bought a book today and it says that at least 2 or 3 spiritual advisors for protection and ot help guard us from self deception and Satans deception  when we are discerning God's voice. Also this book is saying that we need to seek vision as we pray and write down any thoughts that God speaks to us through spontaneous thoughts that pop into our mind. I would like to hear God's voice, but I'm not so sure how to go about doing that.

That seems a bit like new age nonsense. 

You can hear His voice without others. You can have spiritual mentors but not for the reasons you stated. The bible tells us in ephesians how to be on guard against the enemy. 

As for seeking visions in prayer or writing down spontaneous thoughts ... that is dangerously close to "channeling" in new age circles. Very bad stuff. Spontaneous thoughts can easily have origins that are not of God, including our own wicked hearts. When you pray your focus should be on talking to Him, not on getting visions. Visions and words from the Lord happen without specifically seeking them as this book advocates. 

To hear His voice, lets put it this way. He speaks, but we have a hard time hearing Him because we do not pay attention. All that noise of life shouts Him down. Seek God. Spend time getting closer to the Lord. Spend quiet time with Him. In prayer, seek to really communicate with Him. When my focus is on Him and Him alone in prayer, that seems to be when I hear Him. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

That seems a bit like new age nonsense. 

You can hear His voice without others. You can have spiritual mentors but not for the reasons you stated. The bible tells us in ephesians how to be on guard against the enemy. 

As for seeking visions in prayer or writing down spontaneous thoughts ... that is dangerously close to "channeling" in new age circles. Very bad stuff. Spontaneous thoughts can easily have origins that are not of God, including our own wicked hearts. When you pray your focus should be on talking to Him, not on getting visions. Visions and words from the Lord happen without specifically seeking them as this book advocates. 

To hear His voice, lets put it this way. He speaks, but we have a hard time hearing Him because we do not pay attention. All that noise of life shouts Him down. Seek God. Spend time getting closer to the Lord. Spend quiet time with Him. In prayer, seek to really communicate with Him. When my focus is on Him and Him alone in prayer, that seems to be when I hear Him. 

I would agree with jade. You do not need anyone to hear God's voice except the Holy Spirit and when God speaks to you will know it.  Seek His voice in prayer and study in His word.  Get into a good solid gospel  preaching, Bible believing church.  Throw the books away you just bought and get a good  verison of the Bible.  I myself use New King James.  Stay away from anyone that says you need man to hear the voice of the Creator of the universe and has known you since before the foundations of the world were laid.  God Bless you Girl.

Because He Lives!! RustyAngeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

My advice would be to throw the book out and pick up the Bible, allowing the Holy Spirit to show you His truth in His words.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks everyone! I Yes I'am going to throw that book away, I would return it if I hadnt already highlited in it. I do have a good Bible and I'm going to start reading it more. Hopefully I will find a good church, I havent been able to find one yet.

Guest LadyC

i'd burn it. if you throw it away, do it in the middle of a trash can filled with greasy food. you don't want someone else salvaging it.

• Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Thanks everyone! I Yes I'am going to throw that book away, I would return it if I hadnt already highlited in it. I do have a good Bible and I'm going to start reading it more. Hopefully I will find a good church, I havent been able to find one yet.

In the meantime, while you search for the church, you are always more than welcome to ask any question you have about scripture here.  You will get many replies, I'm sure.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,it does sound like nonsense.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

i'd burn it. if you throw it away, do it in the middle of a trash can filled with greasy food. you don't want someone else salvaging it.

pound.gifGood suggestion.