IGNORED

Will Jesus return on a future Rosh Hashanah?

Watching for Jesus

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I believe the events that are shown in Revelation, Chapter 19, as well as the events shown in Revelation, Chapter 20, and verses 1-6, will occur on the last day of the tribulation period (Daniel’s 70th week).  I also believe that it is possible that the last day will be fulfilled on Rosh Hashanah.

I will show some of the things that I have found (from searching the internet) which are associated with Rosh Hashanah and how I believe they will be fulfilled on the last day when Jesus returns on the white horses.

Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, means “head of the year”.

If Jesus returns on the white horses on Rosh Hashanah, it will be the start of His 1,000 year kingdom on the earth.

Rosh Hashanah is a day of blowing of the trumpets, as a remembrance to God.  What they are to remember is when the trumpet was sounded at Mount Sinai, when God came down to meet the people.

When Jesus returns on the white horses, the Jewish people will meet their God.

Rosh Hashanah is called the Day of Judgment.  Rosh Hashanah is also the day that the dead are to be resurrected.

There will be a judgment (thrones set up) and the first resurrection after Jesus returns as shown in Revelation, Chapter 20.

Revelation 20:1.  And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2.  And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3.  And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4.  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5.  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6.  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Rosh Hashanah is associated with the coronation of the king.

This will be fulfilled after the judgment when Jesus will start His 1,000 year reign.

Rosh Hashanah is also associated with the wedding.

I believe the marriage of the Lamb will take place just before Jesus returns on the white horses and on the same day.

Revelation 19:7.  Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8.  And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9.  And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

The people are told to rest on Rosh Hashanah.

The 1,000 year reign of Christ will also be a “day” of rest for God the father for 1,000 years.

Let me know what your thoughts are on this.

Jeff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

No where in scripture are we told of when it will happen, only that we should be ready.

Matthew 24 : 36

But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Acts 1 : 7

He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

This is the second coming you are referring to?

Hi bopeep1909,

I don't know if your question is for me, but I will answer.

I believe the Second Coming of Christ will be on the day of the Lord.  Jesus will gather His elect (the rapture) and then fight the Battle of Armageddon on the day of the Lord.

The return of Jesus on the white horses is at a later time, after the wedding.

Jeff

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Hi bopeep1909,

I don't know if your question is for me, but I will answer.

I believe the Second Coming of Christ will be on the day of the Lord.  Jesus will gather His elect (the rapture) and then fight the Battle of Armageddon on the day of the Lord.

The return of Jesus on the white horses is at a later time, after the wedding.

Jeff

Yes,I am pre-trib so I believe that the rapture and the second coming are two separate events.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

It is certainly a good possibility, but we really have no Scripture to point in this direction.  The Day of the Lord precedes the Second Coming, since it is a period of wrath and judgment apart from the Second Coming.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I am not sure if that is accurate or not. Its not a bad guess though, and it seems to fit with the whole Daniel's 70th week theory though I believe that falls more around the 23rd of September, and this is assuming of course that the fig tree in that prophecy really is a metaphor for Israel. The fig tree is used several times in the Bible, and not always as a way to represent Israel. Even so, I hear that if you go by the Jewish calendar and count up the years in the prophecy to the various events, that they add up perfectly to the events prophesied, both those already fulfilled, and unfulfilled, and would mean that this would be the year. Yet here I am, still a little skeptical.

Now the favorite argument of people to put down any idea of trying to determine a day or season is Matthew 24:36 (No offense Giggling Appy), however, that quote, is also a Jewish idiom concerning two things, one being, a wedding, the second being, the Feast of Trumpets. It was and I believe still is used for both. The wedding well, that one is almost self explanatory being that we are the bride of Christ, but that saying also refers to the first day of the Feast of Trumpets being unpredictable because it always starts on the new moon, no matter what day that happens to be, in the correct season. The favorite defense of anyone trying to refute a day or season therefore, may be  pointing to the exact day he was going to return... or two days considering that is how long it took to light all the signal fires to let all of Israel know that it has started in those days. Peter later backs up that it may be that day, by saying he does not have to tell them of days and seasons because they already know. He didn't have to tell them Feast of Trumpets because that was part of their culture, and they knew when it would be.

In any case, with this, the 70th week, and even the tetrads which I do not believe for a second are anything other than signs in the heavens at the most (Even though the last super blood moon was during the crucifixion and the next one is guess when? The Feat of Trumpets.) and various other things coming into play, I think that we will see more possibility of his return this year, and more signs that tell us this may be the season, than in previous years, and in the near future years should nothing come to pass. After this, if nothing happens, you may as well kick back and do your best, because you may be here for the long haul. I in no way want to discourage you from remaining vigilant, but I don't think we will see this many signs again all at once anytime soon. Which would not be the worst thing in the world, there are still plenty more to bring the word to and save.

Take it all with a grain of salt and use discernment.

Hi Servant of the Lion,

I do not believe that Jesus will return this year.  I do not believe in the pre-trib rapture theory.

I posted this thread to show when I believe Jesus will return to begin His 1,000 year reign; on a future Rosh Hashanah and on the final day of Daniel's 70th week.

Edited by Watching for Jesus

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

No man knows the date or time. Jesus will return as quick as a thief in the night.

Hi alien224.

Jesus said:

Matthew 24:36.  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Jesus did not say that no man would or could ever know the day and hour.

I believe Jesus was told the day and hour after He was resurrected; when God gave Him the Revelation.

Revelation 1:1.  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

This thread is about the return of Jesus on the white horses though, not about when Jesus comes as a thief in the night.  I believe that Jesus will come as a thief in the night on the day of the Lord to gather the elect (the rapture) and then to fight the Battle of Armageddon.  I believe the return of Jesus on the white horses will be on the last day of Daniel's 70th week; just after the marriage of the Lamb.

Edited by Watching for Jesus