• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

Cog: I believe that I could give a good answer to your question, but it might take time. Now, from my reading about value theory, it is understood that there are six important value constellations: theoritical values, pragmatic values, aesthetic values, sociality values, power values, and transcendent values. .......Many people are more are less balanced with respect to their valuing, but when I said that power is the cardinal value of hell, I meant that as an obsesion with power exclusive of anything else: Naked power. I said that the cardinal value of earth is freedom because that is the way it is. We are free to choose one path or another. God does not force us to believe and respect him. I took these ideas and put together the last comment that posted to you. I got the six value constellations from an old psychology book that I had and it was also mentioned in a nursing textbook that I was browsing through. I inferred these ideas from my reading and life experiences.

Everyone has a certain amont of power. It depends on how power is used. Two good uses of power are nutrient power Which refers to using whatever power that you have to be helpful to others such as in a teacher-student relation. Integrative power which refers to people working together for a common good. .... Two bad uses of power are manipulation and even worst than that exploitation. Taking unfair advantage of others in a competitive situation is also a bad use of power; shrewdness.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

gamnot: the way I think of it is like all will, all purposes, all spirits, are from God, and were Love, but once he gave his Spirit, his Love, his breathe, to people or entities, they corrupted their spirits, their breathe, and they became wicked. And what is happening now is the purification of spirits byway of the Word - God images the truth to give spiritual awareness, to purify the awareness of spirits - he shepherds us - these images lead you to my awareness. And if we do not accept the Word, and allow him to lead us, we are sent to fire to be purified. So, where we were before the foundation of the Earth was in the Spirit as a continuum called Church or the Bride, and he has imaged us, and thereby given us awareness so as to purify our spirits... I mean, this is what we're all doing even if we are unaware of it... something like it anyways. But the point I'm trying to make is that, even with the corruption, we are all still are our spirits, and all spirits attempt to do what they love - to image love - and that is a testament to the power of the Spirit. So love still reigns there, and also in the fact that, if someone images their spirit wickedly, if they lie about the truth, if they lie about love, the way their spirit is meant to image love - justly - then those lies, that wickedness, is still revealed by the images they produce (you will know them by their fruit) - the image of Truth, the body of us all, reveals the Truth, and so Love still reigns in all realities - it holds the ultimate power, so to speak. (The spirit of the image of Truth (Yeshua) conquered death - he holds control of its power.)

Edited by Cog

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 1 John 2:23

~

Joe, Is Jesus to honor Jesus included in reality? Because:

John 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

If reality is to honor Jesus, where does that place Jesus in reality?

:thumbsup:

All

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. John 17:1-5

Reality We See

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

Is The Work Of Jesus

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

So Beloved, Why Do You Think

By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. Psalms 33:6

Most Don't Even Know Their Own Creator?

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Corinthians 2:14

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. Isaiah 6:3

Love, Joe

Cog It is true that all human beings are made in the image of God. It is true that evil or human corruption is always a corruption of the good which is what I understood you to be saying. Evil is always parasitic on the good and the demonic is fear of the good. The Lord God never changes in that he always has sympathetic concern for the good. That would be too bad for us becuase none of us are good except for the cross of Christ, we would not have a chance to stand before the Holy God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I have not read any replies.

I have a five year old. If asked what reality is I would simply explain it as reality is whatever God says it is because God is God. God created all things for his pleasure. We are here to please God.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Lots of interesting thoughts...

Fez, can you define 7 so that anyone with a layman's understanding of spiritual concepts can understand it, please?

Joe, Is Jesus to honor Jesus included in reality? Because:

John 8:

54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

If reality is to honor Jesus, where does that place Jesus in reality?

Bopeep, I meant the broader spectrum, as in, everything. The set of all sets. set = {}

{set of all sets {this is all things about internet forums and it is included in the set of all sets}{set about colors}{set about emotions} }

gamnot, I would consider divine reality as absolute reality - it is first and last of all realities. Can you expand on divine reality?

Willa, are the things we cannot sense, the invisible things, not included in reality?

KPaulG, do we cease to exist in reality, when we dream? What is the dream contained in, and what is it contained in, ad infinity? And speaking of infinity, doesn't it seem everything is imaged after infinity byway of continuums or spectra? Like all colors are color and green fades into blue and blue into red. So then dreams are sort of a cross between the spectrums of mind - the lack of bodily perceptions - sleep or "death of the body" - unawareness of the body, but awareness of the mind or psyche or something... I don't know what. If I went too deep or too far overboard/off topic feel free to ignore me.

Thanks all...

Anyone else want to chime in? What is everything? Explain like in layman's terms (like I'm five.)

Fez, can you define 7 so that anyone with a layman's understanding of spiritual concepts can understand it, please?

Yes sure.

The answer is as nebulous as the question. Hence 7. It could be 9 as well.

It is a philosophical question that has nothing to do with a spiritual concept, Jesus, or being a saved believer.

One may as well ask "How long is a length"? Or how heavy is a weight?

See where I am going? God created and said it was good. That's reality.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

What do you think reality is? Explain like I'm 5, please.

For a five-year old it is "No pretend".

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

What do you think reality is? Explain like I'm 5, please.

For a five-year old it is "No pretend".

I wish I has said that...... :cool2:

Coz, you are a five year old like I am a 69 year old starting quarterback for the greenbay packers.